Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I posted about marble bars in one of these threads last year. I was so happy to finally find them online and I’m now even happier they are more available here! I paid £6 for a bar online so £3 is a bargain 😂
I’m still hoping Fuse bars make a come back!

It’s been a year since my Grandad passed today. Time certainly flies. My nan (And Tommy tortoise!) is doing really well, much better than I expected to be honest. Obviously she has moments but on the whole she’s good.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hope you're ok @Toffee finger anniversaries are always so difficult xx

Anyone here ever had a group interview for uni before? I have one on Zoom on Friday for a psychotherapy Msc and i have no idea what to expect. I have a tendency to talk a lot in group settings which I perhaps need to control a bit as, as my boyfriend loves to point out, I can be a bit of an interrupter...and interrupting is ten times worse on zoom. So awkward! I'm terrified.

here’s an amazing meal i ate recently to keep it on topic…Malaysian beef shin curry with pandan rice deep fried anchovies, sambal and a side of pickled stuff. Sweet and spicy and crunchy and salty heaven (not made by me obvs)

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I believe you guys get Cadburys Marble bars too, they discontinued them here yeaaaaars ago so I was made up to find our local cheap as tit discounter had a load that had been imported. I might start a campaign.

I was wondering if the poster who was talking about their cat being clingy when they go back to work (sorry not sure who you were and can't find the post going back!) had had any issues? My little tuxie has gone all clingy since I doubled my hours, she meets me from the car when I finish work on a night and makes her annoyed grumbling sounds at me til we get in the house whereas she used to just jump up onto the bedroom windowsill to watch for me about half an hr before I was due home according to my wife. I really hope she settles soon cos I feel awful and I'm doing 2 x 17 hour shifts on the weekends for the forseeable (thanks, plague and incredibly badly organised contract handover). We have three other cats so she has company but she's very much my baby.
this was me! I am wfh today and he is even more clingy than usual, but the days I have been in the office when I get in he basically ignores me for a few hours :( I have 2 so I had hoped it would be better them having company but it doesn't seem to make a difference

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sending good vibes to any Frau or herr having a hard time.
I wanted to ask dear heart @SweetTransvestite if there are any photo updates of little Frank???? Putting my Russell’s together to pray for some pics!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey ninnies👋🏼 Sorry not to have been around much but I've been run ragged by my little monster Frank. So for @HotesTilaire (and anyone else interested) this, is the absolute beast in question.
20210727_193156.jpg

As predicted he's a 'wild & an untamed thing' a real heartbreaker with a roving eye and penchant for anything with a pulse (or cheese..he really, REALLY likes cheese).

-Probably wants to lick everyone too but fear not that's definitely more hygienic than anything from the filthy paws of Sloup Dodgy Dodge.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hey ninnies👋🏼 Sorry not to have been around much but I've been run ragged by my little monster Frank. So for @HotesTilaire (and anyone else interested) this, is the absolute beast in question. View attachment 696558
As predicted he's a 'wild & an untamed thing' a real heartbreaker with a roving eye and penchant for anything with a pulse (or cheese..he really, REALLY likes cheese).

-Probably wants to lick everyone too but fear not that's definitely more hygienic than anything from the filthy paws of Sloup Dodgy Dodge.
What a handsome chap!

Maisie and Nala were so engrossed in a game of mouthies that they fell off the bed. Nala used Maisie as a cushion…!

They are like my children, I cried outside the vets!

ETA it’s a pigs nose 😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
What a handsome chap!

Maisie and Nala were so engrossed in a game of mouthies that they fell off the bed. Nala used Maisie as a cushion…!

They are like my children, I cried outside the vets!

ETA it’s a pigs nose 😂
Oh sweetheart! I hope she heals quickly, no doubt she will. Sending some soft and gentle boops from down under ♥ ♥ ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 13
MC Dad bought the cats a carrot 🥕 lmao.

Pls excuse the rug, this is their play-room so it's impossible to keep clean.
4C16D2A8-E3C7-4E33-AB9B-CE57C23CE72D.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My cat also has a carrot! It came in a pack with an aubergine. She also has an apple, a pear, a banana and a chilli. The beginnings of a lovely slop.

cat's carrot.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I can’t tell if Sideboard Cat is pissed off, or trying to look alluring.
She’s a cat, so probably the former.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
With so many can lovers here I wanted to recommend a book (available on kindle) that profits all benefit a Yorkshire based cat rescue.

Amazon product

It's a collection of poems by Milly Johnson, a Yorkshire based novelist and former writer for Purple Ronnie cards. The life related poems are interspersed with cat ones. The humour is very Yorkshire based.

Milly's final poem is very short, I'll share it.

Who's the Boss

"Who's the boss in this relationship"
I asked the bloody cat
"I poop, then you clear it up" he said
"I guess that answers that"

• Haha
  • Heart
Yesterday in an email regarding some successful testing I made the subject line “Praise beans” am still amused

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I hate to be a Tory dream of a disabled benefits scrounged living the high life, but lads now my benefits are sorted out I’ve just enjoyed some toast with butter and I’m not overdrawn 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If it’s backdated you should buy a massive telly and some lottery tickets.

• Haha
Just watched that Sickness & Influencers documentary on the Beeb. Is there a thread for it? I can’t see one.
Anyway, I found it all quite surface level and very underwhelming. Could’ve done waaaay more with it!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have the Dishoom recipe book? Looking for the banana and date porridge recipe.

Reactions: 1
Just watched that Sickness & Influencers documentary on the Beeb. Is there a thread for it? I can’t see one.
Anyway, I found it all quite surface level and very underwhelming. Could’ve done waaaay more with it!
Agreed there could have been more but I liked it. Although the baseline I’m using is Sali Hughes “my troll hell” documentary, so anything which goes beyond “people say mean things they are broken evil trolls” is progress.

If it’s backdated you should buy a massive telly and some lottery tickets.
Not a bad idea as I can’t smoke or drink which would be the first choices...
Hotes 1g????

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.