Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up, hope everyone is well and @kachoochoo had a wonderful birthday!
(and I hope that you burned that cursed mask then drove out far into the woods to dig a hole to bury any remaining scraps of it šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚)

Here's my train being chased by a glove, a real life Geordie Racer šŸ˜‚
thank you! it was lovely! the mask is... still face down on the dining table

and a great lil clip there of one of my favourite ever views ā¤ not lived there for 17 years, but I still got that "ooh, I'm home" feeling you get pulling into the station!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
LJC @Switchstreetz the number of bridges in that clip! Brb just going to Twitter to post about my new personality trait.

@LennyBriscoe are you following World's Strongest Man 2021 this weekend? I remember you mentioning Tom Stoltman before as a role model for your son, he's in the finals with his brother Luke and is doing extremely well. It's not going to be aired here until Christmas so I don't want to give any spoilers.
Yes ā™„! I follow them on Instagram and I think theyā€™re both amazing! I 100% did not take the unwanted advice of having non-famous, non-high achieving role models for my son rather than a lovely guy who is from a couple of hundred miles up the road from us who puts his heart and soul into everything and is open about his autismā€¦.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lads I was thrown an unexpected curveball. Iā€™ve been getting ready for my PIP court Tribunal and now they want me to go to a work capability assessment in person the day before. Has anyone had a WCA face to face? I just know theyā€™re going to say I can work then I will have to appeal šŸ˜”itā€™s going to ruin me for the court appearance but at least I have help for that one

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
@LennyBriscoe I've been watching all their contest prep on YouTube and you can see how hard they train. Any kind of weightlifting is a great sport for autistic people, I highly recommend it. I always thought I was rubbish at sports because all the ones I was made to play as a kid involved running and/or being on a team. After I started going to the gym and doing powerlifting training my posture (and obviously strength) improved massively as my mind-muscle connection increased. If anyone's tried progressive muscle relaxation as a de-stressing technique, lifting weights is like doing that but actually fun. I am still hugely clumsy though, it hasn't fixed that.

@HotesTilaire I had one not long before my PIP re-assessment (although not the day before, bloody hell) and they did declare me fit for work when I wasn't. I had to appeal and the decision was eventually rescinded. Sorry, I know that's not terribly encouraging.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks Sidey T, I just know the fuckers are forcing me to go there which will then be proof I can leave the house, and therefore, work.
What was the actual assessment like? I guess they ask stuff like ā€œraise your armsā€ but is it weird? Hardcore?
My pip assessment was nice, she ignored most of what I said but she was kindly. To be fair she probably couldnā€™t hear me, she told me not to use my speaker, then said I didnā€™t need a speech aid šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Mine was for mental health problems so it wasn't that weird or intense. Both the assessor for ESA and PIP were really nice to me and seemed to be understanding but then they wrote reports that completely contradicted the things I'd said. In my PIP assessment they'd brought up that I had a driving licence and a degree as if something I did nearly ten years ago means that I'm able to work and function independently now. They're also weirdly obsessed with how much you're sweating and noted that as I didn't appear to be sweating I must not have been anxious?? It was ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm thinking of buying this,it looks like it will give my meat a good rub
20210621_163038202.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lads I was thrown an unexpected curveball. Iā€™ve been getting ready for my PIP court Tribunal and now they want me to go to a work capability assessment in person the day before. Has anyone had a WCA face to face? I just know theyā€™re going to say I can work then I will have to appeal šŸ˜”itā€™s going to ruin me for the court appearance but at least I have help for that one
Sorry you've got a double whammy coming up.
I've had WCA's in person.
Obviously I don't know what your conditions are but have someone accompany you, if possible.
Go to the turn2us website and read the WCA criteria.
The descriptors are listed. You will know which category applies to you.
Make sure you let them know what it is you CAN'T do.

Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry you've got a double whammy coming up.
I've had WCA's in person.
Obviously I don't know what your conditions are but have someone accompany you, if possible.
Go to the turn2us website and read the WCA criteria.
The descriptors are listed. You will know which category applies to you.
Make sure you let them know what it is you CAN'T do.

Good luck!
Thanks. Itā€™s such short notice my Outreach worker canā€™t make it so I will be alone šŸ˜• I feel like thereā€™s a high chance I will cry. Iā€™ve spent weeks, months speaking with my GP about getting a letter for PIP which also would be handy for this.
Anyway for some reason they lost my letter two weeks ago, but then they found it today. Looked like I got it just in time...no.
It just says that the GP has no knowledge of any of the points, apart from speaking and communication they say I can do with no help. Itā€™s signed by some GP Iā€™ve never met or heard of. I tried to speak with my GP but she left early feeling ill and wonā€™t be back tomorrow either šŸ˜”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks. Itā€™s such short notice my Outreach worker canā€™t make it so I will be alone šŸ˜• I feel like thereā€™s a high chance I will cry. Iā€™ve spent weeks, months speaking with my GP about getting a letter for PIP which also would be handy for this.
Anyway for some reason they lost my letter two weeks ago, but then they found it today. Looked like I got it just in time...no.
It just says that the GP has no knowledge of any of the points, apart from speaking and communication they say I can do with no help. Itā€™s signed by some GP Iā€™ve never met or heard of. I tried to speak with my GP but she left early feeling ill and wonā€™t be back tomorrow either šŸ˜”
Can you say that you are too ill to attend at the moment and postpone until you have all of the correct information?

I have accompanied two different people to an assessment. Both times the person doing the assessment was really nice, but they are health professionals. My aunt was really embarrassed as they asked questions about going to the toilet and cleaning yourself afterwards. She was a nervous wreck. She cried during most of it and I am sure it helped as it evidenced her mental health and fragility at the time.

The other person I went with was almost defiant! When asked what they could do in terms of movement they refused to even try as it would cause them pain. Both were awarded the benefit.

Unfortunately you have to present the worst version of yourself, but the truth is that is how you spend some days and they need to know that. If the questions make you want to cry then Id let the emotions out.

If you were local to me Id offer to come with you - instead we will all be with you in cabal spirit.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Can you say that you are too ill to attend at the moment and postpone until you have all of the correct information?

I have accompanied two different people to an assessment. Both times the person doing the assessment was really nice, but they are health professionals. My aunt was really embarrassed as they asked questions about going to the toilet and cleaning yourself afterwards. She was a nervous wreck. She cried during most of it and I am sure it helped as it evidenced her mental health and fragility at the time.

The other person I went with was almost defiant! When asked what they could do in terms of movement they refused to even try as it would cause them pain. Both were awarded the benefit.

Unfortunately you have to present the worst version of yourself, but the truth is that is how you spend some days and they need to know that. If the questions make you want to cry then Id let the emotions out.

If you were local to me Id offer to come with you - instead we will all be with you in cabal spirit.
Thanks x there is every chance I will cry! Iā€™m not actually going to be able to speak either.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I never cry in front of people but at the PIP tribunal I'd got so worked up about it that after not knowing how to answer the first few questions I asked if I could just go home and started crying. I don't like to think about you crying Hotes but at least then they can see with their own stupid eyeballs how much you're struggling. Good luck dearest heart, the cabal is behind you.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thanks x there is every chance I will cry! Iā€™m not actually going to be able to speak either.
ā¤ā¤ā¤ like everyone else thinking of you today and hope itā€™s been the best it can be. Let us know how youā€™ve got on and if we need to deploy floof* or memes x

*pls lord, no, not ever x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks all, itā€™s not until later in the week. Have been back and forth all day with the GP. They have produced many things, none of which are what I asked for. Iā€™ve saved the pic of Googly -eyed Sue for comfort.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks all, itā€™s not until later in the week. Have been back and forth all day with the GP. They have produced many things, none of which are what I asked for. Iā€™ve saved the pic of Googly -eyed Sue for comfort.
one day / hour / minute at a time, itā€™s a ridiculous system and Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re having to endure it. Not funny #content but weā€™ve gotten really into watching the lock picking lawyer on YouTube, heā€™s weirdly calming? x

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I would think about asking for a new date unless you think that will exacerbate your stress levels?
You have to be able to prove ONE of the descriptors.
I found it much less overwhelming concentrating on that point.

Any other concerns am happy to try and help, I have been both sides of this system.
I was a Support Worker and used to attend these and PIP appointments with clients.
Latterly I have found myself having to navigate through this terrible system.

Good luck dear heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.