Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the best for your op, @MaineCoonMama - my ex husband had problems with his and once got triaged straight to the front of the queue at A&E because he was doubled over in so much pain as we went in they were convinced he'd been shot or stabbed. We did explain he hadn't, but they saw him straight away anyway and he had it out a few years later after a couple more attacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Still in hospital, missing the moon event of the year, of course.Having surgery tomorrow to get my gallbladder out. Had a shot of morphine earlier that's made me feel so shite I can't even scroll. I'm missing my Pooh Bear too. Hoping it's just keyhole surgery so I'll be up and about soonish
Hope all works out well for you, have not suffered from gallbladder problems personally but am aware how painful they can be xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My op was postponed until tomorrow! They didn't let me know until nearly 10pm so I've been starving and stuck on a drip all day for nothing. Public health system, yay. I've finally had some food after a morphine shot and I'm very much looking forward to possibly going home tomorrow. MC Dad put Pooh up to the phone so I could coo at him and he was purring and booping the phone. Right, I'm off to peruse the Mother Thread now.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My op was postponed until tomorrow! They didn't let me know until nearly 10pm so I've been starving and stuck on a drip all day for nothing. Public health system, yay. I've finally had some food after a morphine shot and I'm very much looking forward to possibly going home tomorrow. MC Dad put Pooh up to the phone so I could coo at him and he was purring and booping the phone. Right, I'm off to peruse the Mother Thread now.
Was just popping over here to ask how you were! That sucks about it being postponed, time goes so slowly when you're waiting around in a hospital too 😑. Hopefully you'll be all sorted tomorrow and can get home to recuperate x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm just grateful I'm getting the source of the pain dealt with, finally! The worst thing for me is that I'm only 500 metres from home, on the same road as the hospital I'm in. I could walk home in a matter of minutes. The nurses are so nice, one is called Jac (haha).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel you on chatting to the cats. Had my parents over for the day doing various DIY bits on my house while I was at work a few years back (dad is an engineer by trade and genetically incapable of relaxing or understanding the concept of a day off). I always miss my cats when I'm on a long shift so when I got back the first thing I did was pick my little one up off the beanbag and cuddle her and tell her I'd missed her.

Then my mother piped up that it was lovely to see me too after nearly six months 🤣

I'm bored so have the cat-on-a-skateboard pic from the main thread. She's my baby, don't think anything makes me happier in the moment than when I get home from work and she'll run up to me in the street or be sat waiting for the car. Love the other three idiots but Jingles is my sidekick for life

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel you on chatting to the cats. Had my parents over for the day doing various DIY bits on my house while I was at work a few years back (dad is an engineer by trade and genetically incapable of relaxing or understanding the concept of a day off). I always miss my cats when I'm on a long shift so when I got back the first thing I did was pick my little one up off the beanbag and cuddle her and tell her I'd missed her.

Then my mother piped up that it was lovely to see me too after nearly six months 🤣

I'm bored so have the cat-on-a-skateboard pic from the main thread. She's my baby, don't think anything makes me happier in the moment than when I get home from work and she'll run up to me in the street or be sat waiting for the car. Love the other three idiots but Jingles is my sidekick for life
Oh that is the cutest thing ever!!Baby Jingles Looks like my old tuxedo girl Persia. I don't have any decent pics of her on my phone but I have a pic of her tattoo. Smol bugface.
4B644301-4D92-43EC-BC6E-7CF644C038DC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Cats - I’ve had some great ones and some terrors. One would spend the days asleep on top of a neighbour‘s wardrobe, (so the neighbour told me) and then would ask to be let out when she knew I was returning from work. Another one would climb up to the apex of the roof of my house to wait for me and then scramble back down to be inside the house to greet me. He also liked going up inside the living room fireplace chimney for no reason. He also liked pulling the carpet off the stair risers. He loved to climb in general and would get on top of shelves and then sweep everything off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh that is the cutest thing ever!!Baby Jingles Looks like my old tuxedo girl Persia. I don't have any decent pics of her on my phone but I have a pic of her tattoo. Smol bugface.View attachment 592922
Awwww that's adorable, I'll definitely be immortalising Baby Jingles (that's exactly what I call her weirdly) on my skin somewhere. Tuxies are great, or Fuxedo Twats as she sometimes gets referred to as...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Cats - I’ve had some great ones and some terrors. One would spend the days asleep on top of a neighbour‘s wardrobe, (so the neighbour told me) and then would ask to be let out when she knew I was returning from work. Another one would climb up to the apex of the roof of my house to wait for me and then scramble back down to be inside the house to greet me. He also liked going up inside the living room fireplace chimney for no reason. He also liked pulling the carpet off the stair risers. He loved to climb in general and would get on top of shelves and then sweep everything off.
cats have such an amazing internal timetable it is insane! Before I got my kitten my other cat would always be by my door waiting when I got home.
In my cat news, kitten and cat are getting on well, today the kitten was washing himself after dinner and big cat started doing it for him, my heart melted, unfortunately didn;t manage to grab phone to record it but it was :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
first Jersey royals of the year. with a little salmon fillet, hollandaise, chives and a tit tonne of butter. love this kind of meal this time of year

20210527_210529.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Lads, I had surgery at about 11:30 am, Aust Eastern Time. It's 3:15 am now, I'm still on oxygen but just had the drip removed as I can eat and drink. We are currently in a 'circuit-breaker' lockdown which conveniently covers me being in here so MC Dad doesn't have to visit. Fingers crossed they let me out soon, I'm missing my cats:)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Lads, I had surgery at about 11:30 am, Aust Eastern Time. It's 3:15 am now, I'm still on oxygen but just had the drip removed as I can eat and drink. We are currently in a 'circuit-breaker' lockdown which conveniently covers me being in here so MC Dad doesn't have to visit. Fingers crossed they let me out soon, I'm missing my cats:)
Nice one, when you do get out you can eat whatever without pain, I’m a bit jealous! All I want is scrambled eggs. Oh yeah, and a fat cake with frosting.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Nice one, when you do get out you can eat whatever without pain, I’m a bit jealous! All I want is scrambled eggs. Oh yeah, and a fat cake with frosting.
I met the most amazing person in here, we are in a room for two so we've been chatting a bit.
She's just had a double mastectomy due to cancer, only 35. She's been making me laugh for the last 3 days and it's been pretty inspiring to see how she's coping and keeping her sense of humour, especially since her husband can't be here due to the latest restrictions. She lost her BOOBS and she's comforting me because I vomited! What a woman, and makes J look even more pathetic.
Sorry for long post, I'm hungry 😋

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.