Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We went last week. The maskless woman on the table next to me had her bare feet up on the chair :sick: SHAN’T be in a rush to go back.
Nature is healing when the feet people are coming back to us 🌸🌻🌼

Had that M&S vegan fake beef beigal everyone says is amazing for lunch, it was alright but not sure I’d get again? Is there anything amazing in that plant kitchen range??

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Had that M&S vegan fake beef beigal everyone says is amazing for lunch, it was alright but not sure I’d get again? Is there anything amazing in that plant kitchen range??
The chicken Kiev’s are amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Two words:
Dirty. Fries.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anybody brought their 2nd jab forward?
I didn't book mine immediately so not quite the same. But. Four weeks after the first I got a text saying to book but the appointments were all that week so I ignored. Then was phoned to go, so off I went. Seems to be differing supply of the vaccines in different areas - so if you can bring it forward, do it!

Reactions: 8
I didn't book mine immediately so not quite the same. But. Four weeks after the first I got a text saying to book but the appointments were all that week so I ignored. Then was phoned to go, so off I went. Seems to be differing supply of the vaccines in different areas - so if you can bring it forward, do it!
That’s the problem, I booked my second same time as my 1st, in order to bring it forward I need to cancel my existing appointment, but I have no way of knowing what the availability is. I had difficulty booking my original one, I got a letter telling me to book one 6 weeks after I had had my 1st jab.

Reactions: 7
That’s the problem, I booked my second same time as my 1st, in order to bring it forward I need to cancel my existing appointment, but I have no way of knowing what the availability is. I had difficulty booking my original one, I got a letter telling me to book one 6 weeks after I had had my 1st jab.
Mine has been brought forward, but the same process, cancelling and taking a bit of a leap of faith. My rearranged one is almost two weeks earlier though.

If you had AZ apparently they’re struggling to fill appointments at the centres for that because they basically can’t do any first jabs now as it’s advised against for under 40s and most others have had it so your chances of an earlier appointment are probably better.

Reactions: 6
Two words:
Dirty. Fries.
Thank you - I’ll get these next week. Maybe I’ll eat my way through their plant kitchen? Should have got the marmite hot cross buns but forgot they existed. Was shocked the Colin in a jar was £4, isn’t the whole Colin not much more?! Why wouldn’t you just mash one up in a mug?!

(waits for Max to call me poor)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Has anybody brought their 2nd jab forward?
I delayed mine by a good few weeks as I was feeling poorly and my appetite was struggling to come back. Didn't want to risk side effects on top. Just had it done now though, and waiting out my 15 mins ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Universal have you tried just not feeling sad?????

@Blurp My assessor lady was nice enough to talk to. I asked for a break as I was getting tired. She said I could have a minute, I said that’s not worth it. Outcome said no fatigue- didn’t ask for a break!!! All my later paperwork says after x question I asked for a break, you can listen to the recording!!!
I really think the assessors and DWP are geared to say “no” any which way they can. When you appeal it’s the courts who decide. This helps all the dwp people say they are strict and don’t hand it out, but the courts overrule it.
I remember a few years ago hearing at work that appeals against PIP had a 70-80% success rate, we were always telling people to appeal if they got knocked back.

I think they just try everything they can to make it as difficult as possible for people to get PIP in the hopes some will just accept the decline/lower result and not challenge it because of the energy required to keep battling for it.

As if the people who need PIP - who are usually living with long term physical or mental illness - don't have enough to deal with! Anyway I know that's not news to most of you, hope you get the support you deserve ASAP.

ETA: also already been mentioned but don't give them your good days - especially if they're rare and unpredictable, those are a luxury/bonus. Use your average to bad days.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks, the Law Centre are helping with it and quoted the same about appeals today when they called. It’s just a game that is rigged against us for sure.

• Heart
Can you check local Facebook groups? In Merseyside it's been fairly easy for people to rebook but it's obviously linked to the primary care trusts. There's a few round this way.
Sorry, not massively helpful but just want everyone to get vaccinated as I hope it's the path to normality.
I say this, but was mightily unimpressed to get an email today suggesting we go back to the office! Much prefer home working with the cat keeping an eye on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Mine has been brought forward, but the same process, cancelling and taking a bit of a leap of faith. My rearranged one is almost two weeks earlier though.

If you had AZ apparently they’re struggling to fill appointments at the centres for that because they basically can’t do any first jabs now as it’s advised against for under 40s and most others have had it so your chances of an earlier appointment are probably better.
thankspace there is a vaccination centre opposite work, I might pop in there. the one I went to is 40 mile round trip from home

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I also wasn't impressed with the salt beef pretzel bun but in fairness to M&S, I did try it after not long after I'd had COVID and still didn't have much of a sense of taste. The no turkey feast is way better. I don't even know if they still do it, I stopped going to M&S because they kept changing the entrances and exits to the shop and it was stressing me out that it was different every time I went. That and they discontinued the mac bites which I will now hold against them until the end of my natural life.

• Heart
Thank you - I’ll get these next week. Maybe I’ll eat my way through their plant kitchen? Should have got the marmite hot cross buns but forgot they existed. Was shocked the Colin in a jar was £4, isn’t the whole Colin not much more?! Why wouldn’t you just mash one up in a mug?!

(waits for Max to call me poor)
I’ve tried the jar Colin and it’s just horrifically artificially sweet - and as all the MT people know, this is coming from a massive Colin fan (also enjoy the cupcakes). Do not recommend jar Colin even on yellow sticker.

• Heart
  • Wow
Hope you are ok @MaineCoonMama , I am on the look out for my neighbour’s floof to photo to make you feel better, but as usual he is being hard to catch. He is not a Maine Coon, he is just very fluffy.

Plant kitchen…. controversially I love the fishless cakes with melty cheese (not cheese) inside but reviews say they are horrid. The spaghetti bolognese is also yummy and the cookie. Oh, the cookie. The cookie. 😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.