Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was reading about Matt bakers mum being trampled by her sheep, and required knee replacement
Ouch :( My sheep weigh around 11 stone each (tups can be up to 15 or 16 stone) so a whole flock going over you would really do some damage.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Sending love to all that need it ❤

Was reading about Matt bakers mum being trampled by her sheep, and required knee replacement
He filmed a mini series about it that was on TV recently. His family moved in and rearranged the farm so it was more manageable for his parents. They changed the sheep to a smaller easier breed too. It was really interesting!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
PIP and ESA assessors can be absolute tossers, Hotes. I was initially awarded enhanced rate PIP in 2014 for three years without an assessment. The year before last I had a face-to-face assessment where I got zero points on everything. Just before COVID kicked off I went to a tribunal and it took them no time at all to reinstate all my points. They actually phoned me as I was still on my way home. I'd recommend getting in touch with a local disability advocacy service if you have one (and if you haven't already) as I was fully prepared to just roll over and not fight it even with help. It turns out as well that the advocacy service had already dealt with multiple tribunal cases from that particular assessor as she'd been handing out zeros to a huge proportion of the people she was seeing so it's possible this person is doing similar.

good news for hotes.png

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I grew up in a town where almost nobody ever toured. When I was 21 Metallica came to Oz but my town wasn't on the list. About 1,000 metal kids got a petition going to get them to play and they did!

Not a bad effort for a jerk water burg in the pre-internet days.
I love that

Confession time here, I love Erasure. First saw them in Cambridge 20 years ago and have a ticket to see them at the O2 in October which I think will be my eighth time seeing them live. They put on a really good show.
I love Erasure too, I remember my mum having their The Tank, The Swan and the balloon tour on video and my sister & I used to love watching it and my mum used to love to tell us me & your dad are in that crowd somewhere.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks Psychic Slopbot and @traumatised sideboard as I say I know it’s all a “game” they rely on making it so hard you give up, I know they key thing is to keep on at them.
For my appeal I have now got assistance from a Law Centre who have experience in this, also DWP might be ok with my whispers but I can’t reliably speak so I need someone to do the talking for me if nothing else.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Thanks Psychic Slopbot and @traumatised sideboard as I say I know it’s all a “game” they rely on making it so hard you give up, I know they key thing is to keep on at them.
For my appeal I have now got assistance from a Law Centre who have experience in this, also DWP might be ok with my whispers but I can’t reliably speak so I need someone to do the talking for me if nothing else.
Good luck Hotes ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you for all the love, you bunch of faceless ninnies, and good luck Blurp.
Glad to see at least Badger is back on form and VERY bouncy, those lambs are random, they jump about for like no reason. Like popcorn when you think it’s finished and it keeps popping.

• Heart
  • Haha
I love that

I love Erasure too, I remember my mum having their The Tank, The Swan and the balloon tour on video and my sister & I used to love watching it and my mum used to love to tell us me & your dad are in that crowd somewhere.
A friend's daughter used to work in the arts and once told Richard Jobson of the Skids that she'd been at one of their gigs before she was born. He was a bit incredulous so she asked him if he remembered a gig at X place on Y date when they were just starting out and the pregnant woman dancing on a table? He did, and she informed him that she was that bump! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Has anyone made their own vanilla extract?

For ages people have been going on about their homemade vanilla that's been going for several decades and as I go though so many little pots of vanilla paste I must now have a go at it. Even though the extract won't be like the paste, but I gather you can squish out some beans from the homemade extract when needed.

I can't decide if I should use vodka or spiced rum. Part of me thinks vodka to keep it pure vanilla and so it starts off clear, the other part thinks spiced rum is yum and would go with just about every recipe that calls for vanilla.

Reactions: 10
I've only ever made vanilla sugar which is dead easy, but not extract. Just googled it and it looks so easy - defo give it a try! Yep I reckon vodka would be better if you wanted to keep it pure vanilla.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone made their own vanilla extract?

For ages people have been going on about their homemade vanilla that's been going for several decades and as I go though so many little pots of vanilla paste I must now have a go at it. Even though the extract won't be like the paste, but I gather you can squish out some beans from the homemade extract when needed.

I can't decide if I should use vodka or spiced rum. Part of me thinks vodka to keep it pure vanilla and so it starts off clear, the other part thinks spiced rum is yum and would go with just about every recipe that calls for vanilla.
Yes - and I tried it with vodka, dark rum and spiced rum as a test. The dark rum was sublime, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can our dear friend Max please follow some of Jack's recipes exactly as written and get back to us? Scuffins and headrush spaghetti would be my suggestions.

Just to add - I got food boxes for a while. I was stuck in a bit of a rut cooking-wise, and they helped get me out of that rut. They are indeed too expensive to get weekly, but if you're looking at them, it's often because you're in a headspace where the alternative you'd go for isn't supermarket + cooking, it's ordering a delivery.

I am still away from home on my walking holiday, might go back a little later than planned as I'm enjoying it so much...good thing I don't have pets or plants!

Here is some food:

20210521_214618.jpg

Here is a view (the village below is called Colera but it's not pronounced like the disease):

20210521_100411.jpg

And here are some cows! No sheep here, sorry:

20210522_114341.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Not sorry I put someone on ignore ( rhymes with sax) my only regret is I announced it (was very grumpy) Haven't seen subsequent posts but from responses can see a leopard doesn't change its spots

• Heart
  • Haha
Not sorry I put someone on ignore ( rhymes with sax) my only regret is I announced it (was very grumpy) Haven't seen subsequent posts but from responses can see a leopard doesn't change its spots
You’re missing out tbh - that account has it all from patronising women to obsessing over Kate Middleton to desperately sharing an entirely made up salary. In the eternal words of dear heart allegra it’s awful gauche, darling(s).

Entirely off topic but we’ve got our first soft play session today!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You’re missing out tbh - that account has it all from patronising women to obsessing over Kate Middleton to desperately sharing an entirely made up salary. In the eternal words of dear heart allegra it’s awful gauche, darling(s).

Entirely off topic but we’ve got our first soft play session today!!!
We went last week. The maskless woman on the table next to me had her bare feet up on the chair :sick: SHAN’T be in a rush to go back.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Does anyone have the article (and could post it) that Diana Henry posted in the Telegraph about the two illnesses she has had in the last year?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.