Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes! I am terrified one day she will end up being stung in her mouth 😰, on the plus side she is good at catching flies wwhich is useful in summer when they are in my flat :LOL:
Oh you're in there with the flies at least, mine sort of have a conference about the flies then decide it isn't their problem. Same with spiders 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Mine used to bring butterflies, top count was 16
Why do they do it?! My little one does the same, she's relentless and I'm gonna have to get rid of the buddl...butterfly bush and purple broccoli cos I feel sorta like I'm luring them to their deaths. My wife's cat on the other hand is a sweetheart and tries to befriend them to death instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh you're in there with the flies at least, mine sort of have a conference about the flies then decide it isn't their problem. Same with spiders 😑
Less good is bringing i live worms :sick:.. or clothes presumably from my neighbours washing lines :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Thanks for bringing over my post to this thread mods! Suitably chastened but with a new carrot cake recipe from @Flumps 😁

• Haha
Why do they do it?! My little one does the same, she's relentless and I'm gonna have to get rid of the buddl...butterfly bush and purple broccoli cos I feel sorta like I'm luring them to their deaths. My wife's cat on the other hand is a sweetheart and tries to befriend them to death instead.
Oh no mine used to bring them in perfectly unharmed and release them in my bedroom

• Haha
@Falkor Nibbles, Loppy and 406 are they a throuple? Sorry for calling you in the middle of lambing, Diva magazine needs to cause even more offence to promote themselves know
Nibbles and 406 are half-sisters, so I hope not! Loppy isn't related to either, but is about double their age. Loppy probably spends more time with Nibbles, but 406 ran the whole length of the village to get back to her when I tried to put her in with the younger ones for tupping in November. Could be a V rather than a throuple?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Afternoon Fraus! Really interesting mini grunk. Thank you all for sharing.

Totally OT but was wondering if any cabal members out there had a go-to recipe for carrot cake?

My fella is visiting this bank holiday weekend and I want to make us one. Ideally one that doesn't need to stay in the tin or isn't as dry as a Nun's chuff (i.e a Jack Monroe cake)

You are my food gurus and I know this would be better if this were in F&D but I don't go there 😂
I use Mary Berry’s recipe. Not had any complaints.

Reactions: 9
I have no idea how she actually caught them, but she would carry them in her mouth, whilst 'singing' for wont of a better word.
in the morning when she goes out and i am still in bed mine often brings in random rubbish.bits of broken plastic/metal and miaows until i look at it and congratulate her :LOL:

• Wow
  • Heart
When my cat was still a kitten she went through a phase of bringing me things as soon as I'd gone to bed. It started off with toys then changed to various items out of the recycling bin. The last part of the phase coincided with her other phase of dipping everything in her water bowl. Having a soggy toy mouse or ball of foil full of water unexpectedly spat out on your foot is 😨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
A long since passed cat of mine was a prolific hunter, the local wildlife were not safe. Two particularly bad examples were when she brought in a fairly large coy carp, presumably from next door neighbours' pond 😬 and the occasion I returned home, fortunately when my then young children were still at school to find blue feathers all over the dining room floor. Closer inspection showed it to be the remains of a budgie 😢

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
In my late teens we adopted a cat who was 10 or 11. We thought she'd be fairly placid in her old age, but she turned out to be a prolific hunter who brought home mice, rats, voles and even baby rabbits. Once I woke up to strange noises and found she had brought in a live mouse and was torturing it at the foot of my bed. 😱

Our previous cat had been separated from his mother when he was far too young, so had never learned to hunt - occasionally he would leap ineptly at pigeons, but that was it. Going from him to this full-on serial killer was quite the shock!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
In my late teens we adopted a cat who was 10 or 11. We thought she'd be fairly placid in her old age, but she turned out to be a prolific hunter who brought home mice, rats, voles and even baby rabbits. Once I woke up to strange noises and found she had brought in a live mouse and was torturing it at the foot of my bed. 😱

Our previous cat had been separated from his mother when he was far too young, so had never learned to hunt - occasionally he would leap ineptly at pigeons, but that was it. Going from him to this full-on serial killer was quite the shock!
watching them torture little mice is the worst, I hadto drag my cat away from a baby mouse who was shaking in fear once, almost became vegan on the spot! anyone who says humans are the only ones who hunt for fun has never had cats!

• Heart
  • Sad
Previous cats of mine, our near neighbours were complaining about the 'heron' taking their koi carp from the pond, we weren’t brave enough to mention one of our cats regularly came in with two wet front legs!

our garden was on a slope and we had sensor lights. We had bats 🦇 that were attracted by the bugs, attracted by the lights. Our cat 🐈 would jump on the bin and up onto to roof, as the bats passed he would launch off the roof! It was never not funny

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My youngest cat Susan had a praying mantis last week. MC Dad was horrified and wrestled it away and popped it back in the garden. She's normally a really placid, happy wee girl but she was angry for a good hour after that.

I used to have an American Bulldog who ate a bee once. His already big head looked like a beanbag and I just couldn't look at him without pissing myself laughing. He was fine after a trip to the vet, I wish I could find the photos as they are hilarious.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
yes! I am terrified one day she will end up being stung in her mouth 😰, on the plus side she is good at catching flies wwhich is useful in summer when they are in my flat :LOL:
aww cute. mine was always good at killing flies and spiders but didn't care about ants. I would lift her up if she couldn't reach. teamwork!!

• Haha
  • Heart
My youngest cat Susan had a praying mantis last week. MC Dad was horrified and wrestled it away and popped it back in the garden. She's normally a really placid, happy wee girl but she was angry for a good hour after that.

I used to have an American Bulldog who ate a bee once. His already big head looked like a beanbag and I just couldn't look at him without pissing myself laughing. He was fine after a trip to the vet, I wish I could find the photos as they are hilarious.
The same happened to our dog! She got covered in hives and extremely sad. I was about 10 and so worried, but the vet sorted it out in no time...

...then she did it again a week later. A lovely pet, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.