Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Face masks, my ears are so sore from mask wearing, plus rash on my face, and eczema flare on hand. Have tried strap across back of head, but mask doesn’t stay up. Anybody any ideas?

Reactions: 4

Mustard

VIP Member
We got our cat from a friend’s sister whose cat had a litter. Agree that adopting can be really difficult with all the criteria and restrictions. I would absolutely love a Sphynx. They’re my dream cat.
Ooh yes, I like Sphynxs as well. Think my house would be too cold for one though. I’m also interested in the Devon Rex breed but don’t know much about them.

EddieBeds

VIP Member
Urgh, Fraus with other children, did you ‘plan’ your children so they could wear the hand me downs at the right time of year?! Little Beds and Baby Beds were born different ends of the year and I just pulled down a load of clothes from the loft and they’re still f&@£ing winter clothes! Baby Beds is even a size ahead of his peers (the irony that the baby who fell off the centile chart is now the other end of it) but still not into the summer clothes Little Beds had 😩. Totally first world problems I know!

I made a veggie ragu (Hairy Bikers) using mushrooms and lentils and ngl am really impressed with it. While I enjoy raw mushrooms not much of a fan of them cooked but this worked really well. I also have a bag of plant based ‘mince’ from IKEA - has anyone else used it? I’ve not got round to using mine yet so curious to see if anyone else has!

emm

VIP Member
I was supplementing my income with copywriting for a long time (which then became my main source of income last year, because I don't do online teaching!). Then I got extremely lucky with some crypto investments, so much so that I can now play with pretend money on the internet full time.

I loved teaching, and there are some things I miss about it (to the point that I told my old boss I'd be willing to cover here and there), but the total lack of prospects for advancement got to me eventually. That and the fact that the industry is toxic in many ways. Seeing non-native friends with C2 English and degrees in education getting passed over for jobs in favour of backpackers with the right passport time and time again...
thank you! I totally empathis with a lot of this!
ETA I cannot believe I spelt things wrong.... :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
We’ve been doing HF for the last month or two (in part cos @Alansbigplate did it ages ago and recommended it) for exactly this reason. It is a rly good way of picking up tips to ~elevate~ your everyday cooking tbh, like we had some rice with something I can’t spell but also lime zest and juice and it’s so easy yet so good, but I’d never have thought to do it before!
You should watch the Middle Aged Minx vlog from last week where she attempted to cook some fish cakes and then gave away the rest of what they gave her to her minion/editor who had done the filming. Many of the comments were derogatory. A lot was to do with the amount of packaging as well as cost. The Middle Aged Minx thread here is amusing in my opinion. Her editor took away what she gave him, took it home and then cooked one thing himself and filmed it for his channel.

M&S in store do this weird thing where a smaller portion is often more expensive than the bigger - eg the cranberry lemonade is £1.something for 500ml but 1L is about 80p. I noticed when Ocado first got them they seemed to be trying to even that out a bit, maybe the yog has the same thing? More for less kind of makes sense in store where someone might only want enough for lunch but less sense for Ocado.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
my half MC doesn;t seem to have got the memo! :LOL: albeit my kitten is filling the void (probably only as he is tiny and will become awful later :LOL:)
Our middle boy only cuddles my husband, he'll sit on me only when he's cold. They're funny things, cats!

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Why does Ocado sell M&S yoghurts for less than a local M&S near me? Popped into one next to a station and they were 80 pence but 75 pence at Ocado? Maybe they are less at a normal Foodhall.
A94B859A-8480-4CAC-B387-19AA03664606.jpeg

Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
Why does Ocado sell M&S yoghurts for less than a local M&S near me? Popped into one next to a station and they were 80 pence but 75 pence at Ocado? Maybe they are less at a normal Foodhall. View attachment 585299
I remember reading that when ocado started and it was jsut waitrose things were sometimes cheaper than in stores

cotdotton

Can anyone recommend a nice salad dressing that is pretty low calorie/healthy that can be bought in shops in Ireland?
I’m Trying to be good and have salads for lunches but I can’t eat them without a dressing and I’m sick of balsamic type ones. I’d try a homemade one too if anybody knew a simple recipe?