Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

indigomoon

To be fair, I'd avoid the NC500 this summer - it's going to be a nightmare. Last year was bad enough and Visit Scotland is predicting numbers are going to be even higher than this year. We like visitors, but many of the ones who came up last year because they couldn't get to Europe had no respect for our environment. I'm talking about people setting up tents inside a scheduled ancient monument and using a corner of it as a toilet, camper van waste tanks being emptied at the roadside or into our streams, people stealing pallets stacked on crofts ready for putting hay bales onto to burn on their campfires, parking camper vans in gateways, driving into people's fields to camp - all sorts of things. And a journey that normally took me 25 minutes on single track roads was taking me anything up to an hour because people didn't understand the rules about giving way or couldn't reverse their hired campervan 15 metres back up the road into a passing place. Wait until Spain and the Canary Islands are open for business again and you'll have a much nicer visit :)
This is spot on advice!

Reactions: 7

Mustard

VIP Member
Oh lordy, notifications from Food and Drink! My post got moved over from our Mackie. Feel a bit like I'm encroaching on something unknown. Ummmm here's my dinner?
View attachment 644951

I realise it looks a bit rank but it was actually delish. It's mackerel salad and I grew the potatoes and broad beans myself so feeling especially proud.
There is slso a thread called What Are You Cooking for Dinner.

Reactions: 7

MerchantOfTea

Can anyone recommend a nice salad dressing that is pretty low calorie/healthy that can be bought in shops in Ireland?
I’m Trying to be good and have salads for lunches but I can’t eat them without a dressing and I’m sick of balsamic type ones. I’d try a homemade one too if anybody knew a simple recipe?
That is actually a really tough one, because salad dressings normally have olive or sunflower oil in them, and one tbsp of either is 120 calories !

That's why i tend to make ones that have a good bit of balsamic and wholegrain mustard and as little oil as I can get away with.

Reactions: 6

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
So the Aldi clothing is there really a market? I like Aldi but wouldn’t wear any clothing with a supermarket name on it ?

emm

VIP Member
Love/d MMM! The maps! The sweets in the paper twist, frying onions, bread and dripping, hedgehogs, Billy Blunt!
I loved the names of everyone “little friend Susan” and the repetition of everything is very relaxing IMO

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
It’s all online these days so no problem for me to go. The law centre lady will also be there. Just as well as I have to go in person to a work assessment for DWP miles away days before so the chances of me being able to speak after doing that are very slim.
So it’s like a zoom call? Is the law centre person going to be in your house with you?

That’s the problem, I booked my second same time as my 1st, in order to bring it forward I need to cancel my existing appointment, but I have no way of knowing what the availability is. I had difficulty booking my original one, I got a letter telling me to book one 6 weeks after I had had my 1st jab.
Mine has been brought forward, but the same process, cancelling and taking a bit of a leap of faith. My rearranged one is almost two weeks earlier though.

If you had AZ apparently they’re struggling to fill appointments at the centres for that because they basically can’t do any first jabs now as it’s advised against for under 40s and most others have had it so your chances of an earlier appointment are probably better.

EddieBeds

VIP Member
where did you get the little taco wraps? I have never seen any that small on sale. Or did you make them? looks yum!
I’ve found little taco wraps at Morrisons - can’t think what the brand was but they did plain ones and the others were chili and lime (I think).

emm

VIP Member
anyone watching saturday kitchen? it is driving me mad how often the guy cooking the pork says "kind of" :LOL:

• Haha