Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Has anyone tried one of the Boursin pasta recipes out there? There are many different types. Some are baked. I saw one version with added broccoli and cooked in the gin.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
@Mustard no, I'm in Australia. Agreed, Burmese are hilarious little energy balls!

My husband said he found the breeder by searching the registered breeders association and going from there.We had to travel for two hours to get our little Pooh, well worth it though!

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Have settings changed on tattle or have I been naughty somehow without meaning to be?! My private message option isn't there anymore 😭 I wanted to ask @Pocahontas if something was allowed! Gah!

• Sad

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I didn't book mine immediately so not quite the same. But. Four weeks after the first I got a text saying to book but the appointments were all that week so I ignored. Then was phoned to go, so off I went. Seems to be differing supply of the vaccines in different areas - so if you can bring it forward, do it!
That’s the problem, I booked my second same time as my 1st, in order to bring it forward I need to cancel my existing appointment, but I have no way of knowing what the availability is. I had difficulty booking my original one, I got a letter telling me to book one 6 weeks after I had had my 1st jab.

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
I have found good tinned mango, the problem is when it is in syrup imo, everywhere i go the mangos seem to be :LOL: underripe otherwise and especially in lockdown etc i didn't want to be standing in the supermarket touching loads of different fruit
This was Tesco own brand in juice I try to never throw food away but in went in the bin

• Sad
Are we allowed to talk about gigs here?

Yippee.

Mrs Tunnel bought me tickets to see OCS for my birthday at the Newcastle O2 Academy. I didn’t want to go as I was at the end of the first term of my NQT year and dying on my arse. I thanked her by falling asleep in the standing section.

(this wasn’t my first gig by the way- I tell everyone it was Blur but secretly it was the smash hits poll winners party tour)
Loved this band back in the day! You've just reminded me of how good they were!

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Anyone gave any recommendations for a tasty chilli oil please?

I’m planning on making Willie Nelson’s banana bread recipe. It involves cinnamon and chocolate too plus eggs but no other fat. Make in a square pan. Picture taken from the Orangette blog. View attachment 599994
this is my favourite https://www.souschef.co.uk/products...AYZe6KJCwUorYG71WSLArabVxO6IhQWQaAtRREALw_wcB
it is really addictive, but be super careful not to spill it as it stains badly!

emm

VIP Member
Learning from native speakers who speak badly...ugh, I just had a flashback to a colleague "correcting" a student's writing with, "In English we spell Colombia with a U." 🙄

I went to school in different countries and I think I did more grammar than people of my age in England. I remember at the start of my A Levels (I was in England at the time) we were told to use different colours to underline nouns and adjectives in the first pages of a book. Err, okay...but of course this was a good fifteen years ago, so the situation may well have improved since then!
I did most of my schooling in england, and we were told that every word ending in "ing" was a verb....I mean.... I also do get that some countries focus too much on grammar when learning a foreign language (in my opinion anyway) but just to be taught things that are totally wrong is just... I think we are probably of a similar age and I think I remember doing the same about underlining tbh, it only changed when I studied the foreign language I was studying at Alevel with a native speaker who was shocked we didn't know basic grammar :LOL:

Isn’t this called an eggcorn?
reality tv programmes are a good place to find them as well, anything featuring the public (yes that sounds snobby)
“well, a bird in the hand saves nine” no it fkn doesn’t Tony!!!
had never heard this but I love it! (totally agree, reality shows are the absolute worst for this)

neither of these are podcats but on youtube, I listen to both to try and get to sleep . I don't know if anyone read the Millie Mollie Mandy books as a child, but I find this very soothing and these hungarian folk days are also good https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4IHjMTbstJlt5vO181UWEQ

For everyone with cats there has been another cat food recall https://www.naturalinstinct.com/pro...XSq5htb_RolCEcGOrqLuYhwQh7ZphB1BvwWiHgEIY8QQE :cry:
I used to read the Milly Molly Mandy books👍

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Have settings changed on tattle or have I been naughty somehow without meaning to be?! My private message option isn't there anymore 😭 I wanted to ask @Pocahontas if something was allowed! Gah!
this may help

soymilk

VIP Member
I'm really bad at photographing food but I made fish tacos today with the Plant Kitchen fishless goujons. In fact it was a mix of those and the Finnebrogue ones and they were completely indistinguishable from each other. It's been at least nine years since I last ate fish but I don't remember it ever being complete mush. There wasn't even 6g of protein so it's not even good for my macros! I personally would prefer battered banana blossom, the texture and taste are much better.

View attachment 608738
these look soooooo good! I would devour them in minutes 😍