Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I get it in the asian supermarket near my house or in china town, (I think even the sainsbury's near me stocks it now, but more expensively) that was justthe first place that came up for the picture!
Thanks. There is a small Chinese supermarket not far from me will look there first.

Reactions: 8

emm

VIP Member
I think I've mentioned before I adopted my cat as a kitten from the Cats Protection. My sister got hers from the RSPCA, my parents got both of theirs from a breeder (they're ocicats (the cats obvs, not my parents)). I would always recommend the Cats Protection over the RSPCA or randos selling kittens because they're 100% cat-focused and make sensible decisions about re-homing their animals. Their cats are always neutered as well.

There was a local animal rescue place I went to that allowed me to go and look at all their cats, make a shortlist of the ones I was interested in then fill out the paperwork only to tell me when I rang up two weeks later that because I lived in a flat I couldn't have any of them. I had already told them I lived in a flat beforehand and they said that wasn't a problem. A few weeks later I found the four-legged love of my life at the Cats Protection so needless to say I had the last laugh, and so did my cat.

View attachment 560790
black cats :love: I will look into cat protection , thank you!

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
We got our cat from a friend’s sister whose cat had a litter. Agree that adopting can be really difficult with all the criteria and restrictions. I would absolutely love a Sphynx. They’re my dream cat.

• Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I've only ever made vanilla sugar which is dead easy, but not extract. Just googled it and it looks so easy - defo give it a try! Yep I reckon vodka would be better if you wanted to keep it pure vanilla.

NP

VIP Member
Face masks, my ears are so sore from mask wearing, plus rash on my face, and eczema flare on hand. Have tried strap across back of head, but mask doesn’t stay up. Anybody any ideas?
My dad has rosacea which gets irritated under the mask that he wears all day at work. He brings moisturiser with him which he applies throughout the day. It doesn’t stop the rash but it stops it getting sore and dry. Not sure if that will help you but worth a try.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Yeah, Varg is a dick. I used to think he was hot back in the early days. Ugly personality.
My first gig was Simple Minds in 1982/3 when I was 15. My friend won free tickets in a radio competition. Lol. I grew up in a town where almost nobody ever toured. When I was 21 Metallica came to Oz but my town wasn't on the list. About 1,000 metal kids got a petition going to get them to play and they did!

Not a bad effort for a jerk water burg in the pre-internet days.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I was going to say malapropism, but that's just single words, isn't it?
I think so. I used to work with a woman I thought of as Mrs Malaprop, haha. Except when her son had ammonia instead of pneumonia, I couldn't laugh at that.

• Wow
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
@MaineCoonMama I feel like you will appreciate these t-shirts that were advertised to me on Instagram. I've got a Cat Throne one and a Cathory one. When it comes time to record vocals for the project I'm gently, slowly, softly working on I'm going to channel my inner Susan. It will be delicious payback for my neighbours alternately stomping around and snoring (presumably exhausted from all the stomping) during lockdown.
Oh.My.Gawd! I've saved the site to show my husband when he wakes up! I'm a fan of Burzum, always called them Purrzum lmao. I'm going to ask my brother to get me the Cat Flag one, he knows how much I love Henry Rollins so he won't say no. I'm too excited to sleep now.

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
I think I've mentioned before I adopted my cat as a kitten from the Cats Protection. My sister got hers from the RSPCA, my parents got both of theirs from a breeder (they're ocicats (the cats obvs, not my parents)). I would always recommend the Cats Protection over the RSPCA or randos selling kittens because they're 100% cat-focused and make sensible decisions about re-homing their animals. Their cats are always neutered as well.

There was a local animal rescue place I went to that allowed me to go and look at all their cats, make a shortlist of the ones I was interested in then fill out the paperwork only to tell me when I rang up two weeks later that because I lived in a flat I couldn't have any of them. I had already told them I lived in a flat beforehand and they said that wasn't a problem. A few weeks later I found the four-legged love of my life at the Cats Protection so needless to say I had the last laugh, and so did my cat.

View attachment 560790
That picture is amazing.
I’ve never heard of ocicats, just googled and they look awesome!
All four of my cats (two surviving) were from randoms - first two were from homes, one was free and one was £40 and we were lucky that they were healthy and lived a long life. The newest two were from a farm as I mentioned before, and again, we’ve been lucky. I’ve been looking at kitten adverts recently and just don’t think i could go down that route again. I feel like we possibly wouldn’t be so lucky this time, there seems to be a lot of dodginess about.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I watched it live, it was early hours of the morning where I was living. I mostly remember Madonna having dyed her her dark.

• Heart

EddieBeds

VIP Member
I don;t have children but do people really have this level of organisation?!
ooh this sounds yum! side note but I don;t think I have ever met anyone who doesn;t like cooked mushrooms only raw :LOL:
Oh we have a friend who planned it - her boys have birthdays in the same week! Had another friend who was genuinely put out that her daughter may have arrived on her anniversary - personally didn’t get that!

Haha yeah it’s a bit odd re the mushroom thing. Maybe I’ve just had bad experiences but I automatically think of cooked mushrooms as being slimy and find it hard to get past that! But am a bit ‘funny’ with textures of food.

• Wow
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
I had a kookaburra out the back for a few weeks, I don't know if you've ever heard one but my god they're LOUD. It sounds like someone laughing and I've shat myself a few times.
We have a few pigeons around, they're pretty mellow though, thankfully!
kookaburra's are insane, I remember the first time I heard one, really freaked me out! so much of australian wildlife doesn't seem like it could be really just invented ofr a children's book or something :LOL:

• Haha