Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was fortunate to attend live aid
We bow down in front of you.

All those gigs and Live Aid? Wow. 🤩🤩🤩.

Mrs T’s Dad saw Queen at St James’ Park and I am like a child asking for a story over and over again about him retelling what it was like. Freddie man 😍.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Mrs T’s Dad saw Queen at St James’ Park and I am like a child asking for a story over and over again about him retelling what it was like. Freddie man 😍.
My friend's little sister has the infamous Freddie Live Aid shot- the one with the mic stand and the Adidas shoes- tattooed on her arm. Looks brilliant. Also she has Killer Queen tattooed on her foot. Freddie was an inspirational dude.

Reactions: 9
He can’t sit with us.
Slightly on topic I used to be able to cook however due to various issues with my functioning I had not bothered for a long while. Back in the day I did three course roast dinner no problem, even with Chicken that I don’t eat.

I treated myself to the discount Hello Fresh box a few weeks ago and that really got me cooking again.
I don’t have the energy or £ to be ruining dinner (looking at you Fack Monroe)

The specific ingredients, delivered to the doorstep, with the recipe cards really helped. I enjoyed the recipes and have recreated them with normal supermarket stuff. What I do now is lay out the ingredients in little Tupperware pots I have, plastic bowls, chopping board. This way I don’t forget to add anything. I can set up the prepped stuff early on, do the chopping etc then have a rest. Later I cook it.

Max is of the opinion that Jack’s recipes are great and work well if you follow them. Although he’s never tried one. There is a theme developing.
We’ve been doing HF for the last month or two (in part cos @Alansbigplate did it ages ago and recommended it) for exactly this reason. It is a rly good way of picking up tips to ~elevate~ your everyday cooking tbh, like we had some rice with something I can’t spell but also lime zest and juice and it’s so easy yet so good, but I’d never have thought to do it before!

Reactions: 10
@MaineCoonMama I also like Burzum but cannot ignore how much of a bleep Varg Vikernes is. For anyone who doesn't know who he is - he played bass in an early Norwegian black metal band and stabbed the guitarist to death, is suspected to have been responsible for burning down churches and to top it all off is a neo-Nazi.

My first gig was Funeral for a Friend. It was 2005. The 'mate' I went with abandoned me when I panicked and fled the mosh pit as soon as the first support band started playing. She re-appeared about an hour later in the centre of a group of guys with their flip phones out recording her getting off with another girl. At the end of the night she came back to me so my mum could still give her a lift home. Cheers (name redacted due to very 🔺 spelling) (y)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Yeah, Varg is a dick. I used to think he was hot back in the early days. Ugly personality.
My first gig was Simple Minds in 1982/3 when I was 15. My friend won free tickets in a radio competition. Lol. I grew up in a town where almost nobody ever toured. When I was 21 Metallica came to Oz but my town wasn't on the list. About 1,000 metal kids got a petition going to get them to play and they did!

Not a bad effort for a jerk water burg in the pre-internet days.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

🔺️we lived really close to st james' park when I was little and my mam apparently went into the back yard to hear this gig

• Heart
Reactions: 11
🔺️we lived really close to st james' park when I was little and my mam apparently went into the back yard to hear this gig
Swoon. Imagine. I would have walked over hot coals to hear that too.

Mrs T loves that she is in this thread and wants you all to know that her first gig was Guns and Roses when she was 13.

Did you ACTUALLY go to see Funeral for a Friend @traumatised sideboard 😂?

Sorry to derail the thread, but doggo is 7 today and my parents (who I haven’t seen since early last March) have sent her a Breton 🥰🙃🇫🇷.
A0AB35C5-7367-4F85-8C31-4E85FB35934E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

That’s what being old gets ya

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Confession time here, I love Erasure. First saw them in Cambridge 20 years ago and have a ticket to see them at the O2 in October which I think will be my eighth time seeing them live. They put on a really good show.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We’ve been doing HF for the last month or two (in part cos @Alansbigplate did it ages ago and recommended it) for exactly this reason. It is a rly good way of picking up tips to ~elevate~ your everyday cooking tbh, like we had some rice with something I can’t spell but also lime zest and juice and it’s so easy yet so good, but I’d never have thought to do it before!
You should watch the Middle Aged Minx vlog from last week where she attempted to cook some fish cakes and then gave away the rest of what they gave her to her minion/editor who had done the filming. Many of the comments were derogatory. A lot was to do with the amount of packaging as well as cost. The Middle Aged Minx thread here is amusing in my opinion. Her editor took away what she gave him, took it home and then cooked one thing himself and filmed it for his channel.

Reactions: 4
Best gig was probably NIN. Gary Numan came on stage and everyone went mental. Heard a teenager in front say, “Who’s Gary Numan?” and I died inside a little.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Best gig was probably NIN. Gary Numan came on stage and everyone went mental. Heard a teenager in front say, “Who’s Gary Numan?” and I died inside a little.
He was interviewed on Sunday Brunch today.

Reactions: 2
Not exactly a sheep photo but someone did once comment that Mara looked like an anxious sheep and this photo certainly shows it ...

IMG_20210522_212144_301.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
He can’t sit with us.
Slightly on topic I used to be able to cook however due to various issues with my functioning I had not bothered for a long while. Back in the day I did three course roast dinner no problem, even with Chicken that I don’t eat.

I treated myself to the discount Hello Fresh box a few weeks ago and that really got me cooking again.
I don’t have the energy or £ to be ruining dinner (looking at you Fack Monroe)

The specific ingredients, delivered to the doorstep, with the recipe cards really helped. I enjoyed the recipes and have recreated them with normal supermarket stuff. What I do now is lay out the ingredients in little Tupperware pots I have, plastic bowls, chopping board. This way I don’t forget to add anything. I can set up the prepped stuff early on, do the chopping etc then have a rest. Later I cook it.

Max is of the opinion that Jack’s recipes are great and work well if you follow them. Although he’s never tried one. There is a theme developing.
Max is of the opinion that Jack's recipes will work if you stick to them, never said they were great and will work for people new to cooking, out camping or on a budget sort of thing...not great recipes.

Have you done a cost breakdown on the contents of a Hello Fresh box vs getting off your ass and buying in a supermarket and following a recipe?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Max is of the opinion that Jack's recipes will work if you stick to them, never said they were great and will work for people new to cooking, out camping or on a budget sort of thing...not great recipes.

Have you done a cost breakdown on the contents of a Hello Fresh box vs getting off your ass and buying in a supermarket and following a recipe?
719BA1A4-BA4F-40D9-B552-D472583B4ABD.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

I have! I’ve used it as part of my reasoning in my PIP application 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Read the room Max, I can’t always stand up let alone walk😘

Edit to add- thank you @Pocahontas and @Captainmouse he can no more be affable than I can go to the big Sainsburys.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Before you make assumptions about posters, Hotes has health problems that inhibits how much energy she has.
Had enough of you in this thread. Bye bye from us.
He talks utter pish too. Having been a Scouter for many years, I can tell you that there would have been riots if we'd attempted to serve any of twit's recipes at camp. None of the children or teenagers would have been lugging the multitude of ingredients or spices in their rucksacks either; even Marines only usually take curry powder as a spice-all. I bet he's never actually been camping on his own arse either, just lugging all his stuff in a flash car like most oilies (growing up in the Middle East, Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen, I saw a lot of them and many flash twats with big mouths and no sense just like Max were among them).

I have! I’ve used it as part of my reasoning in my PIP application 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Read the room Max, I can’t always stand up let alone walk😘

Edit to add- thank you @Pocahontas and @Captainmouse he can no more be affable than I can go to the big Sainsburys.
Good luck! I've got my PIP telephone interview on Friday morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.