Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A problematic / basic witch fav (SATC) is coming back!
I don’t know how I feel about this. No Samantha in the new one. And the movies were terrible. SATC was a bit of a hate-watch for me. We had the DVDs in our staff room at work at the time so I spent most lunch breaks watching through all 6 seasons even though most of the characters were pretty unlikeable. I’ll probably still watch the new one though because I am a bit of a basic witch 💁‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t know how I feel about this. No Samantha in the new one. And the movies were terrible. SATC was a bit of a hate-watch for me. We had the DVDs in our staff room at work at the time so I spent most lunch breaks watching through all 6 seasons even though most of the characters were pretty unlikeable. I’ll probably still watch the new one though because I am a bit of a basic witch 💁‍♀️
I used to love SATC when I was about 20 but thought the movies were cringe and having rewatched some recently I find it terrible now and when I think about the actual characters, they’re all kinda arseholes. Not sure it’s gonna be ok but no doubt I’ll be watching too

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I used to love the show and was okay-ish with the first film too. SATC2 was an atrocity and watching back, can't say the episodes are aging well. Carrie is the most unlikable characters and the others aren't solid enough to save the show for me anymore. I'd watch it out of curiosity but don't see myself paying anything for it. :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agree with all of you regarding it aging badly. Although the clothes 🥰. Particularly the grey, fluffy dress she wears with the Russian in Paris.

Swoon.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Breakdance Badass it's this dude in this iconic come dine with me moment

I've watched this so many times i practically know it word for word yet it is still hilarious, I love the pause and then the woman in the middle saying "well done jane!". If you watch the full ep it is hilarious after as they are standing in his driveway having the champagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I loved the series even though they were all spoiled brats 😂 I didn’t mind the first film but the second was atrocious - not even good bad, just bad bad.
Not surprised about Kim Cattrall seeing as she said how much she hates them all, especially Sarah JP!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I used to love the show and was okay-ish with the first film too. SATC2 was an atrocity and watching back, can't say the episodes are aging well. Carrie is the most unlikable characters and the others aren't solid enough to save the show for me anymore. I'd watch it out of curiosity but don't see myself paying anything for it. :LOL:
Agree, the 2nd film was one of the worst films i have ever seen. OT slightly but I've spent the last half hour watching this youtube series spoof of SATC. absolutely hilarious , the Samantha character in one ep is perfect and it really nails how awful carrie is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
love this SATC chat - when I said basic that’s because I’m a shameless Emily in Paris enjoying (why? How? Who knows! Definitely some sort of compliance testing by Vlad via Netflix) basic who will 100% watch this!

Agreed that paying for it is ... optimistic on their behalf 😂 Surely they’ll have to partner with Amazon (who will outbid Netflix as they’re desperate to make prime video a thing?). HBO on demand isn’t available over here yet is it?

Sam must die surely? It makes me wonder if that’s why they introduced the cancer storyline for her cos they knew things were bad back in the day?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
love this SATC chat - when I said basic that’s because I’m a shameless Emily in Paris enjoying (why? How? Who knows! Definitely some sort of compliance testing by Vlad via Netflix) basic who will 100% watch this!

Agreed that paying for it is ... optimistic on their behalf 😂 Surely they’ll have to partner with Amazon (who will outbid Netflix as they’re desperate to make prime video a thing?). HBO on demand isn’t available over here yet is it?

Sam must die surely? It makes me wonder if that’s why they introduced the cancer storyline for her cos they knew things were bad back in the day?
yeah I was wondering how they will address the Sam thing, or will they just say she is still in LA? cannot remember where she was at the end of film number 2, was she in LA or was that just film 1?

Reactions: 2
I am totally going to watch the new SATC out of morbid curiosity but I really don't understand why they ever bother with these reboots, they are never ever successful (but glad to be proven wrong on this?!)

I highly recommend watching The Great which is starting this week - I've already seen the entire series and it's so much fun, very addictive! Especially if you enjoyed The Favourite. Elle Fanning is amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am totally going to watch the new SATC out of morbid curiosity but I really don't understand why they ever bother with these reboots, they are never ever successful (but glad to be proven wrong on this?!)

I highly recommend watching The Great which is starting this week - I've already seen the entire series and it's so much fun, very addictive! Especially if you enjoyed The Favourite. Elle Fanning is amazing.
It seems like half of movies/tv now are just re makes of older things? I watched A Teacher on BBC the other day, it is 10 episodes and I would 100% recommend

Reactions: 7
Agree, the 2nd film was one of the worst films i have ever seen. OT slightly but I've spent the last half hour watching this youtube series spoof of SATC. absolutely hilarious , the Samantha character in one ep is perfect and it really nails how awful carrie is
Perfect 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It seems like half of movies/tv now are just re makes of older things? I watched A Teacher on BBC the other day, it is 10 episodes and I would 100% recommend
I thought A Teacher was good, found the different lengths of all the episodes a bit random though. Love Life with Anna Kendrick is worth a watch, and I don't know if anyone else watched it but I loved Why Women Kill.

Reactions: 3
Plz to be joining the 90s grunge corner with @Universal and @NP. I will bring my ripped all over flared jeans, army boots and vest top with me. I loved/love Nirvana and Pearl Jam. My brother-in-law spent an evening with Kurt Cobain once, I am v jealous. Mind you, he was borderline famous (to big fans of British punk-pop) at the time, so a bit fancy.

Really looking forward to watching 'The Great'. I am rewatching 'Back to Life' atm on iPlayer. I think it's absolutely wonderful TV. So clever, funny and moving. I can't recommend it enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.