Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello fellow grunge fan. I’m wide awake too, as I am most nights. When I was younger I always wanted to visit Seattle. All the best bands are from there. I’m a huge Pearl Jam fan and I was Nirvana-obsessed as a teen.
I loved all the grunge bands, it was a great time to be a teenager. I went to see Nirvana loads of times and told my 18 year old godson at Christmas and he now thinks I am such a cool adult. In fact, I still love them now - my music taste has hardly moved on.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I loved all the grunge bands, it was a great time to be a teenager. I went to see Nirvana loads of times and told my 18 year old godson at Christmas and he now thinks I am such a cool adult. In fact, I still love them now - my music taste has hardly moved on.
Oh wow I am so jealous you got to see Nirvana! Sadly, Kurt Cobain was already dead by the time I got into them as a teenager but it didn’t stop me being absolutely obsessed with them

Reactions: 13
I’m so jealous. Wow. That must have been amazing! I was a late 80s baby so unfortunately missed out on the grunge scene as it happened. I saw Pearl Jam live about 10 years ago. They were brilliant but the crowd were crazy. I stupidly was at the front as they came on and was not prepared for the chaos 😬

Reactions: 14
@crystaleyesd what an amazing recommendation, thank you! Although the first one I opened up I thought 'that looks familiar' - because it was my own city! What are the chances!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
There's a lovely app called Window Swap where you can look out of someone's window for 10 minutes - https://window-swap.com/

I uploaded one of my own from Istanbul when the muezzins were calling to prayer - still haven't managed to stumble across it though :LOL:
Luvin this, ta muchly, though was a bit concerned about the dog 🐕 by the open window in Moscow
somebody submitted a train window. Have just been on a journey through Colombia

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Evening all. What was Saturday dinner for the fraus? Just had to double check it was Saturday because time feels all the same at the moment. We had chilli con carne in those Stand & Stuff bowl things. I have a packet of Haribo I’m waiting to eat once the eldest has gone to bed otherwise I’ll have to share 😬 I’m midseason 3 on This Is Us and loving it so much. Currently watching 4-5 episodes every night. Might be obsessed.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ive been so sleepy today, fell asleep on the sofa and woke too late to be bothered cooking so we had mcdonalds. It was tit, and gave me the shits. Thanks, IBS.

Do have duck ragu planned for this week though 🤤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Evening all. What was Saturday dinner for the fraus? Just had to double check it was Saturday because time feels all the same at the moment. We had chilli con carne in those Stand & Stuff bowl things. I have a packet of Haribo I’m waiting to eat once the eldest has gone to bed otherwise I’ll have to share 😬 I’m midseason 3 on This Is Us and loving it so much. Currently watching 4-5 episodes every night. Might be obsessed.
I’ve missed this thread omg hello guys 🥰🥰🥰

Just had some of the vegetarian butcher good karma schwarma with salad and chips - it was okay but at points it did taste a bit synthetic. Has anyone had the Nando’s vegan wrap? It’s a pea protein they say is like chicken, it’s a really nice wrap but the texture is nothing like chicken it’s more tofu-y, wonder if that bothers people?

Did husband one of those Charlie Bingham fish pies cos he won’t eat fake meat, but feeling like HNWI Jack Monroe 💅🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ive been so sleepy today, fell asleep on the sofa and woke too late to be bothered cooking so we had mcdonalds. It was tit, and gave me the shits. Thanks, IBS.

Do have duck ragu planned for this week though 🤤
My IBS bleeping hates McD too but I still eat it. Sometimes the heart wants what the stomach doesn’t. Duck ragu is one of my favourites! Is it the recipe on BBC Good Food?

I’ve missed this thread omg hello guys 🥰🥰🥰

Just had some of the vegetarian butcher good karma schwarma with salad and chips - it was okay but at points it did taste a bit synthetic. Has anyone had the Nando’s vegan wrap? It’s a pea protein they say is like chicken, it’s a really nice wrap but the texture is nothing like chicken it’s more tofu-y, wonder if that bothers people?

Did husband one of those Charlie Bingham fish pies cos he won’t eat fake meat, but feeling like HNWI Jack Monroe 💅🏻
Are you doing Veganuary? Or maybe you’ve always been a veggie/vegan but I missed it. The Vivera schwarma stuff is really good if you haven’t tried that yet. Did you decant the fish pie onto a plate and pretend you made it yourself though?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My IBS bleeping hates McD too but I still eat it. Sometimes the heart wants what the stomach doesn’t. Duck ragu is one of my favourites! Is it the recipe on BBC Good Food?
It hits so fast as well, man!! We all know to keep the toilet clear for me straight away 🤦🏻‍♀️

Yes! Thats the one ill use. My youngest is excited to have it, apparently duck is his favourite.. hes only had a little bit in fried rice before 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Are you doing Veganuary? Or maybe you’ve always been a veggie/vegan but I missed it. The Vivera schwarma stuff is really good if you haven’t tried that yet. Did you decant the fish pie onto a plate and pretend you made it yourself though?
no to both! I’m v impressed by people that are either vegan or doing it, I am tit to myself and don’t allocate enough time to food prep to do it justice. I’m a pescatarian tho but have fish once a weekish / however always have seafood in restaurants so am definitely damaging the planet. The vegan wrap was amazing tho like even the sauces were 🔥 so would recommend to our vegan comrades!

@Begborrowsteal sorry to hear of your McD’s demise, but what a cutie looking forward to duck bless ☺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It hits so fast as well, man!! We all know to keep the toilet clear for me straight away 🤦🏻‍♀️

Yes! Thats the one ill use. My youngest is excited to have it, apparently duck is his favourite.. hes only had a little bit in fried rice before 😂
Yes! It hits me immediately too. Whenever I eat a trigger food I can’t help but think of Radiohead. “You do it to yourself, you do, you and no-one else” :LOL:

Ah I hope he enjoys it! My eldest loves duck but my youngest would never try it. Maybe if I battered it first and told her it was a duck nugget she would.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes! It hits me immediately too. Whenever I eat a trigger food I can’t help but think of Radiohead. “You do it to yourself, you do, you and no-one else” :LOL:

Ah I hope he enjoys it! My eldest loves duck but my youngest would never try it. Maybe if I battered it first and told her it was a duck nugget she would.
Yep, thats my eldest. He wont eat chicken in any obvious form, he went off nuggets. Then i discovered chicken fingers. He thought they were fish for aaaaaages ✌ he accepts them still. No chance he will eat duck!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My usual Saturday night special of sprouts roasted in butter, chorizo and cheese here. A friend dropped off some venison for me the other day, she'd been given loads by one of the local gamekeepers and wasn't going to get through it all. Really looking forward to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My dinner was a pasta bake with Tuno (a tinned vegan tuna substitute that I don't recommend because everyone hates it except me), broccoli, cauliflower, peas and spinach in a white sauce. There was no gratuitous use of a Nutribullet.

I had the Vivera shawarma kebab shreds earlier as well! I heated it through and put it in a bowl with a slaw of red cabbage, carrot and red onion (added fresh coriander and the brine from some spicy pickled onions), shredded lettuce and brown rice. Topped it with sriracha and some Violife tzatziki flavour cream cheese thinned out with soy milk. So much easier to stick it in a bowl than try to contain it all in some kind of bread.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My dinner was a pasta bake with Tuno (a tinned vegan tuna substitute that I don't recommend because everyone hates it except me), broccoli, cauliflower, peas and spinach in a white sauce. There was no gratuitous use of a Nutribullet.

I had the Vivera shawarma kebab shreds earlier as well! I heated it through and put it in a bowl with a slaw of red cabbage, carrot and red onion (added fresh coriander and the brine from some spicy pickled onions), shredded lettuce and brown rice. Topped it with sriracha and some Violife tzatziki flavour cream cheese thinned out with soy milk. So much easier to stick it in a bowl than try to contain it all in some kind of bread.
Agree the vivera shawarma is good, you just need to have it with lots of salad etc (and lets be honest often kebab is barely meat so...) I had a random nap from 8-10... (is it a nap at that time? prob not) so missed dinner... might have some kind of a snack later

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.