Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree with all of you regarding it aging badly. Although the clothes šŸ„°. Particularly the grey, fluffy dress she wears with the Russian in Paris.

Swoon.
yessss!!! I live (vicariously) for big OTT dresses.

I loved SATC back in the day, but Samanthaā€™s the only character I care about now. But pour me a Cosmo, Iā€˜ll no doubt be tuning in with my fellow basics!

View attachment 383611

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I thought A Teacher was good, found the different lengths of all the episodes a bit random though. Love Life with Anna Kendrick is worth a watch, and I don't know if anyone else watched it but I loved Why Women Kill.
what is why women kill? is that on the bbc?

Reactions: 4
what is why women kill? is that on the bbc?
Why Women Kill is about three women that live in one house, but three different stories from three different decades, it's a sort of dark comedy drama type thing. It was on alibi.

Reactions: 7
Thatā€™s got me thinking now, imagine if the new Sex And The City was like Why Women Kill, the three women, Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte team up to kill off Samantha.
If theyā€™re going to even try and bring it back without the best character why not just jump all the sharks. Bring in Ryan Murphy to produce it, ā€œAmerican Horror Story - Manhattanā€œ.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I believe Kim Catrall's words on the whole SATC set drama and I kind of think they also want to see/show that Samantha was not a key to the success of SATC before. If that's the case, they may be in for a bad surprise. Sure, people (read: nostalgic basics like us šŸ˜‚ ) will watch it at first but I don't really see it succeeding enough for them to feel smug about it. Glad Kim was smart enough to say no. It's like beating a dead horse. None of the actresses worked in something as big since the show and they want to drag the paycheck for as long as it comes imo :LOL: I hope they don't kill off Samantha to make the scenario believable. I wonder who will replace her, if there will be a replacement.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Has anyone else noticed a lack of vegetables in supermarkets? Went shopping this Sunday to Asda and Morrisonā€™s the Sunday before. Both at 2.00 approximately. At both supermarkets there were no broccoli, carrots, courgettes and other basic veg. I suspect Brexit (hate that word) related problems, any other theories?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Flipping heck, a friend's brother can't get his catch away because of Brexit - he is now delivering creel-caught prawns every night this week around the area. Neighbour of ours bought a load this evening and rang to see if Mick would like some (I can't eat fish or seafood thanks to an unfortunate childhood association), told us to come outside with a bag or box, so we took a largeish plastic tub out and she turned up with an entire washing-up bowl of enormous langoustines! There's now an overflowing box of about 25 in the fridge and Mr F is salivating at the thought of tomorrow and Wednesday's lunches, particularly because very luckily he has some salmon in the fridge! I suppose that's the first good thing to have come out of Brexit for us!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Little window (ish, I'm walking the dogs) on the north coast of Scotland. Gorgeous soft light this afternoon, but it's perishing!!View attachment 383604
Your pictures are so calming. They are like our own tattle version of window swap.

Having just watched a very moving documentary on Netflix about crack wars (which puts JMā€™s pov story ever so slightly into perspective), coming on here and seeing this is so lovely.

šŸ˜Š

ETA I just realised you talked about windows in your post šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø. What a doofus. Blame the anger from the MT.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Can't believe they're bringing SATC back. I loved it as a teen, but it was so of its moment, and that moment was 20 years ago! I've never seen either movie. They all got happy endings in the series, and I was fine with that.

Carrie was such a twit, too. Supposed to be a tit hot journo but so witless. There was a line once, "If you're tired, you take a nap-a, you don't move to Napa" and it still makes me cringe all these years later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Can't believe they're bringing SATC back. I loved it as a teen, but it was so of its moment, and that moment was 20 years ago! I've never seen either movie. They all got happy endings in the series, and I was fine with that.

Carrie was such a twit, too. Supposed to be a tit hot journo but so witless. There was a line once, "If you're tired, you take a nap-a, you don't move to Napa" and it still makes me cringe all these years later.
Some (lots) of the lines are SO cringe, I also don't know what its USP really is anymore? At the time having women talk about sex/dating so openly on a TV show was very rare, things have changed so much now though and it is totally normal

• Heart
Hope everyone is OK - been quite a few months hasn't it!?

Are we still doing socks or is that yesterday's news?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Very busy few months @Geetbo

I'm here having a break from the JM thread as she's pissing me off hugely at the moment.

Instead I'm sat here considering making some rough puff pastry and then putting it over a pie dish with suitable filling for tonight,

I usually buy ready rolled pastry but forgot and can't be arsed to go out,

Lolll, what was that one where she compared her love life to the Troubles?

Nice to see you back @Geetbo!

I'm so stressed out, and the MT is doing me no favours (not the posts in it, just because of Jack). This morning I woke up to the news that my 2 upstairs neighbours are COVID positive and it's freaked me out a bit, they're super SUPER careful and the last people in the world I would expect to get it. They're isolating now obviously but we share a front door and it just means I won't be able to see my mum and my sister for ages, because I don't want to have even a tiny possibility of them catching it from me or anyone in my building.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Very busy few months @Geetbo

I'm here having a break from the JM thread as she's pissing me off hugely at the moment.

Instead I'm sat here considering making some rough puff pastry and then putting it over a pie dish with suitable filling for tonight,

I usually buy ready rolled pastry but forgot and can't be arsed to go out,
Yeh, go on, make it. I like making rough puff pastry as it feels (weirdly) less hassley than normal pastry and it is a proper treat.

@Veronicaaa, that's literally far too close to home isn't it? The numbers are super scary at the moment.

I'm finding lockdown III or II or whatever bleeping sequel we're on now pretty unbearable. I'm a ball of anxiety and we have so much house stuff to do and my work is crazy and our money sitch is really, really dire. There's just no relief from anything is there?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yeh, go on, make it. I like making rough puff pastry as it feels (weirdly) less hassley than normal pastry and it is a proper treat.

@Veronicaaa, that's literally far too close to home isn't it? The numbers are super scary at the moment.

I'm finding lockdown III or II or whatever bleeping sequel we're on now pretty unbearable. I'm a ball of anxiety and we have so much house stuff to do and my work is crazy and our money sitch is really, really dire. There's just no relief from anything is there?
Same, I am in London so am used to police cars all the time, but the constant noise of ambulance sirens is something I find really terrifying, I have never experienced anything like it. It has just got to the stage this feels neverending, despite teh vaccine etc :(

Little window (ish, I'm walking the dogs) on the north coast of Scotland. Gorgeous soft light this afternoon, but it's perishing!!View attachment 383604
the only thing that could make this better would be cats instead of dogs!

• Heart
Yeah, the super-infectiousness of the new strain is what's freaking me out. My downstairs neighbours' daughter got it a few months ago, but she was going backwards and forwards from Glasgow to Edinburgh daily, so that was probably only a matter of time, and she's fine now. Upstairs are that bit older and rarely go out, except occasionally to the supermarket, so it's all a bit YIKES here at the moment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Yeah, the super-infectiousness of the new strain is what's freaking me out. My downstairs neighbours' daughter got it a few months ago, but she was going backwards and forwards from Glasgow to Edinburgh daily, so that was probably only a matter of time, and she's fine now. Upstairs are that bit older and rarely go out, except occasionally to the supermarket, so it's all a bit YIKES here at the moment.
It does just seem like everyone seems to know someone , quite directly, affected now. This is what I find scary, before it was like you knew a friend of a friend.... now it is everywhere it seems. So scary.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Agreed with all the covid fear, itā€™s 1/20 now so unsurprising everyone knows someone with it, sadly. I read a thread by a doctor today (obvs I am an internet stranger pls donā€™t assume this all to be true!!) that said catching it is a lot to do with duration of exposure? And that most people are catching it from SLEEPING and dining - who the duck is doing sleep overs now?! Dining I know must happen as our whole road has visitors parking outside šŸ˜”

The announcement yesterday that itā€™ll be autumn before the jab is ā€œofferedā€ to everyone isnā€™t exactly encouraging either, thatā€™s 2021 gone essentially.

• Sad
Love and healthy vibes to you. x
BTW I keep meaning to thank you for your V*nny thread. I go there for a bit of relaxing second hand bitching after winding myself up on JM threads. I never knew anything about her before, so it doesn't infuriate me in the same way.

• Heart
Agreed with all the covid fear, itā€™s 1/20 now so unsurprising everyone knows someone with it, sadly. I read a thread by a doctor today (obvs I am an internet stranger pls donā€™t assume this all to be true!!) that said catching it is a lot to do with duration of exposure? And that most people are catching it from SLEEPING and dining - who the duck is doing sleep overs now?! Dining I know must happen as our whole road has visitors parking outside šŸ˜”

The announcement yesterday that itā€™ll be autumn before the jab is ā€œofferedā€ to everyone isnā€™t exactly encouraging either, thatā€™s 2021 gone essentially.
I've just given my mum ANOTHER lecture about going to the shops (the same one I've been giving her since last March). I think people got complacent at exactly the wrong time, but it's hard to keep things up for SO LONG. Anyway, point being my mum told me it would be another year of this and I was trying to cheer her up by saying 'just a few more months' but she's right, as always. If I can get through the next few months without her catching it I'll be so happy but she can't seem to stay away from the local Sainsbos.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.