Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet again I fail to make the cool kid crew 😫 I’m howling and wailing
Soz (it's a podcast reference. And I am not sure anyone who listens to it is really a cool kid. Just fans of now slightly obscure 90s comedians)

Reactions: 9
Soz (it's a podcast reference. And I am not sure anyone who listens to it is really a cool kid. Just fans of now slightly obscure 90s comedians)
Mr Aquamarina enjoys listening to RHLSTP. I wasn’t a huge fan of Fist of Fun back in the day, so I can only take Richard Herring in small doses. Adam Buxton’s podcast on the other hand is excellent.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mr Aquamarina enjoys listening to RHLSTP. I wasn’t a huge fan of Fist of Fun back in the day, so I can only take Richard Herring in small doses. Adam Buxton’s podcast on the other hand is excellent.
I love Buckles' podcast too.
I have a soft spot for Richard Herring. His podcasts got me through cancer based hospital stays and cancer based anxiety around that time, when there really wasn't the vast array of podcasts there are now. He also wrote me a v sweet email once, so I am WELL BIASED.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just reporting in to confirm that the outside world does still exist, I've been out in it after ten days of being sealed away. There were so few people out that I did start to worry there had been some sort of apocalypse that the BBC had failed to report but it's ok, turns out everyone was just in Morrisons.

I hope everyone is well and you have been blessed by a bounty of worryingly pale sausages.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I love Buckles' podcast too.
I have a soft spot for Richard Herring. His podcasts got me through cancer based hospital stays and cancer based anxiety around that time, when there really wasn't the vast array of podcasts there are now. He also wrote me a v sweet email once, so I am WELL BIASED.
I remember watching This Morning With Richard Not Judy as one of the first shows I saw after moving to the UK! I've not seen/heard much from him since, but Stewart Lee became quite annoying over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oooo. I'm glad you're here. I'm on a grunk and wanted to express my appreciation for the RHLSTP (RHLSTP!) reference in the MT. All the cool kids will get it.

Not sure I approve of the JO cookie recipe, if it's the one online. Key secret to best evah choc chip cookies is light muscovado sugar, IMNSHO.
Yay another cool kid! As a lifelong vegetarian I am of course going for suncream armpit!

The cookies worked well enough with golden caster sugar (which was all I had in anyway aside from white)

Reactions: 7
There’s so many podcasts I want to listen to and I should have written a list as now I have time to get through some I’ve forgotten most of them 🤦🏻‍♀️
We’re having Nando’s as my birthday dinner of choice tonight! 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There’s so many podcasts I want to listen to and I should have written a list as now I have time to get through some I’ve forgotten most of them 🤦🏻‍♀️
We’re having Nando’s as my birthday dinner of choice tonight! 🎉
happy birthday! Jealous, would love nandos! I'm interested, what is everyone's nando's order? mine is medium beanie pitta, usually add extra avocado but now I can do this myself ofc, (think of the money I am saving... :LOL:) a side salad and peri chips and sometimes I also get perinaise

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks @emm
Mine order us usually chicken thighs, creamy mash and coleslaw. Normally with mango and lime (RIP) but just went for plainish tonight. I wanted to try that sunset burger but it’s not available at the moment! First time we’ve had it delivered and it was really good.

Reactions: 13
Thanks @emm
Mine order us usually chicken thighs, creamy mash and coleslaw. Normally with mango and lime (RIP) but just went for plainish tonight. I wanted to try that sunset burger but it’s not available at the moment! First time we’ve had it delivered and it was really good.
might try the mash next time, people seem to rave about it. I was annoyed they got rid of the fino coleslaw (years ago now, still bitter :LOL: ) Buon appetite!

happy birthday! Jealous, would love nandos! I'm interested, what is everyone's nando's order? mine is medium beanie pitta, usually add extra avocado but now I can do this myself ofc, (think of the money I am saving... :LOL:) a side salad and peri chips and sometimes I also get perinaise
@Toffee finger Happy birthday!! ❤❤ Fab choice, love a Nando’s!

Mushroom and halloumi wrap (hot) with peri peri fries and a corn on the cob! The choc o lot cake is insane too, someone on Reddit found the wholesaler and you can buy a whole one for £40 - heaven!

Happy birthday @Toffee finger 🥳

My Nando’s order is chicken butterfly (lemon & herb) with chips & corn on the cob/spicy rice depending on my mood. A couple of years ago they did gravy at Christmas which was *chefs kiss* and I wish they did it all the time.

In the last week I’ve ordered burger & chips twice, had a KFC and a Chinese takeaway, but I could still happily eat a Nando’s right now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Happy birthday @Toffee finger 🥳

My Nando’s order is chicken butterfly (lemon & herb) with chips & corn on the cob/spicy rice depending on my mood. A couple of years ago they did gravy at Christmas which was *chefs kiss* and I wish they did it all the time.

In the last week I’ve ordered burger & chips twice, had a KFC and a Chinese takeaway, but I could still happily eat a Nando’s right now.
omg that gravy! I don't even particularly like it, but hunogver once ordered it as it was on promotion.....amazing!!!!

Happy Birthday @Toffee finger !

I am not sure I have ever had a Nandos. However, I did have chicken doner meat and chips for dinner tonight as I COULD NOT BE BOTHERED to cook and I am a class act.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy Birthday @Toffee finger :m🎉

I’m a basic witch and go for a Lemon and herb burger with chips and coleslaw plus a bit of halloumi on the side. Though I love the beanie burger when I fancy not being so basic 😂.

Just to set the cat amongst the pigeons...really didn’t like the mango and lime 🤢. Also never bothered with the desserts and now wondering if I’ve missed out?!

Reactions: 14
Thanks @emm
Happy birthday Toffee! Hope the nandos was fabulous x

another happy birthday to toffee finger!

just came on here for a brain soothe and sheep as MT is getting a little bit busy even for me!

my nando's of choice is lemon and herb wings, mash and macho peas. we've even been known to make our own macho peas at home. I don't even really like going out and being around people, but I'm starting to miss going places

❤ to anyone who wants it

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.