Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a heads up to people who don't follow the Vonny thread closely, it's veeeeery interesting today!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Hello strangers :)

They'd come back inland a bit - I found two as I came over the top of the second hill and one bellow of LAAAAADIIIIEEEEEEES brought another 10.

20210119_132746.jpg

Despite much shouting, April and two others were nowhere in earshot. I'm hoping they've just wandered half a mile further up to the old clearance village, where the grass is richer, but they may have gone off with one of the two other flocks that graze this bit of the commons. Does feel a bit like wandering around a Lord of the Rings film here sometimes.

20210119_132831.jpg

Anyway, dumped out my rucksack for them, walked home, threw a couple of scoops of feed into a bucket and set off in the other direction to find Nibbles, Loppy and 406, who'd been seen by a neighbour at the fence at the top of her field this morning, but they'd wandered off again and despite walking half the fence line calling for them, they weren't in earshot. I'll try earlier in the day tomorrow.

20210119_133136.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just a heads up to people who don't follow the Vonny thread closely, it's veeeeery interesting today!
I had never heard of this Vonny person so just quickly looked at her thread, could it be that her, Jameela and JM are triplets?! all too similar :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: 13
Oh @Falkor you have no idea how much this lifts my heart. I feel like there is a life outside and I see it through your sheep.

I am at his house for a few days. He went to Sainsburys on Sunday 🔺 me?? I am doing no meat Jan and he bought me enough fruit and veg for a lifetime and is cooking dinner each night for me; he has planned our meals for the time I am with him and its lovely. Its really hard to let someone be this nice to you when you are usually so self reliant. We both spend the day on TEAMs calls and I love hearing his voice in the next room. To keep it on topic he is making mushroom risotto tonight for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

They'd come back inland a bit - I found two as I came over the top of the second hill and one bellow of LAAAAADIIIIEEEEEEES brought another 10.

View attachment 391710

Despite much shouting, April and two others were nowhere in earshot. I'm hoping they've just wandered half a mile further up to the old clearance village, where the grass is richer, but they may have gone off with one of the two other flocks that graze this bit of the commons. Does feel a bit like wandering around a Lord of the Rings film here sometimes.

View attachment 391720

Anyway, dumped out my rucksack for them, walked home, threw a couple of scoops of feed into a bucket and set off in the other direction to find Nibbles, Loppy and 406, who'd been seen by a neighbour at the fence at the top of her field this morning, but they'd wandered off again and despite walking half the fence line calling for them, they weren't in earshot. I'll try earlier in the day tomorrow.

View attachment 391730
Thank you for sharing these, I adore the sheepies and your surroundings. Hope you'll find them soon!

• Heart
@Pocahontas since I am VEGAN it's is highly offensive to even mention eggs, anything egg-adjacent or anything that rhymes with egg to me. (I am of course joking, although I do know someone who will only use veganised phrases like 'agave, I'm home', it's more irritating than you would think)

@EddieBeds I saw on one of the vegan accounts on Instagram that people were raving about Yorkshires with Crack'd but I can't remember which one it was. Think I used a flax egg when I tried to make them before and it was a total disaster.

@HotesTilaire it's worse than yoga, I've been doing very light resistance training because I'm awful at doing nothing. If I don't do anything with my body all the energy just spills over into my head and there are only so many times you can pace around a one-bed flat. I'm definitely not about to go right back into my heavy pre-COVID training. Fortunately my isolation period ends at midnight today, praise beans 🙌 I've never been more buzzing about going for a walk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Those landscape views are spectacular, @Falkor - I'm well jel.
I agree. Beautiful to look at and lovely stories to go with them. Thank you so much for taking us on your sheepo (too much?) journeys.

❤

On topic news. I made a curry. I didn’t measure the spices. I can barely see to type.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree. Beautiful to look at and lovely stories to go with them. Thank you so much for taking us on your sheepo (too much?) journeys.

❤

On topic news. I made a curry. I didn’t measure the spices. I can barely see to type.
did you just bung everything you have in a curry? :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I pop in and out, wow.
Didn’t her thread title have more to it than it does now?
Yeah they changed my thread title to something more serious! I'm glad though, I only started that thread after a few wines in me and it was not my best work.

• Haha
Yeah they changed my thread title to something more serious! I'm glad though, I only started that thread after a few wines in me and it was not my best work.
Ha! I thought there had been a chaos or something I had missed! You’ll have to put more effort in for thread #2 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@Flumps - controversial I know but I love a soggy bottom! Particularly the doughy bits of puff pastry! 😋

@Falkor - can I come live with you and the sheep? I can cook and will happily help with sheep hunting duties. Looks so peaceful there 😍

Hope everyone has had a reasonable day? Mines been ok but flat out busy due to schooling middle child, he needs sooooo much attention! 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 11

View attachment 391710

View attachment 391720

View attachment 391730
I know they can’t, but I wish your sheep appreciate the care you take of them.

Oh @Falkor you have no idea how much this lifts my heart. I feel like there is a life outside and I see it through your sheep.

I am at his house for a few days. He went to Sainsburys on Sunday 🔺 me?? I am doing no meat Jan and he bought me enough fruit and veg for a lifetime and is cooking dinner each night for me; he has planned our meals for the time I am with him and its lovely. Its really hard to let someone be this nice to you when you are usually so self reliant. We both spend the day on TEAMs calls and I love hearing his voice in the next room. To keep it on topic he is making mushroom risotto tonight for me.
Your updates cheer me up. 💐

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Er, I made choc chip cookies, recipe by THAT MAN, they were amazing, none left now.

.I love the sheep! And the views, the sky so beautiful

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Er, I made choc chip cookies, recipe by THAT MAN, they were amazing, none left now.

.I love the sheep! And the views, the sky so beautiful
Oooo. I'm glad you're here. I'm on a grunk and wanted to express my appreciation for the RHLSTP (RHLSTP!) reference in the MT. All the cool kids will get it.

Not sure I approve of the JO cookie recipe, if it's the one online. Key secret to best evah choc chip cookies is light muscovado sugar, IMNSHO.

Reactions: 7
Oooo. I'm glad you're here. I'm on a grunk and wanted to express my appreciation for the RHLSTP (RHLSTP!) reference in the MT. All the cool kids will get it.

Not sure I approve of the JO cookie recipe, if it's the one online. Key secret to best evah choc chip cookies is light muscovado sugar, IMNSHO.
Yet again I fail to make the cool kid crew 😫 I’m howling and wailing

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.