Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg keep me a secret was such a banger! Still pops in my head now and then! Love Lemars first album too, ‘no pressure’ is so good! Fame academy was such a good idea mixing big brother with pop idol, I don’t really know why it didn’t take off!
Lemar had some great songs!

Reactions: 6
omg how have i only just discovered this thread?! not sure if anyone has mentioned but there's a great youtuber called Todd in the shadows who does breakdowns of one hit wonders - he reminded me of your woman by white town last week which, on listening again, is actually a VERY good song

anyone remember girl thing ? i have just discovered i still know the lyrics word for word

in hindsight this video was an unbelievable rip off of wannabe...can't believe i didn't see it at the time 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
omg how have i only just discovered this thread?! not sure if anyone has mentioned but there's a great youtuber called Todd in the shadows who does breakdowns of one hit wonders - he reminded me of your woman by white town last week which, on listening again, is actually a VERY good song

anyone remember girl thing ? i have just discovered i still know the lyrics word for word

in hindsight this video was an unbelievable rip off of wannabe...can't believe i didn't see it at the time 😅

It's funny I looking at it now how much that Girl Thing video resembles Wannabe. I didn't notice it at the time either.
Last One Standing wasn't great imo and the video idea just seemed obnoxious (crashing a wedding). I much preferred Girls On Top, the follow up, which flopped (didn't make top 20).
Did you see Girl Thing on the Big Reunion series 2? A lot of issues in that band between Nikki, Linzi and Anita.

Reactions: 2
This thread has unlocked so many memories for me😍can we get a time machine and go back to these times?

Literally recognised every artist going and I must say whoever mentioned CLEA,
I've listened to their music since they formed as a group, I found their style quite different, the music on their first album, was giving European vibes with that TAtu sound on "download it" *this record deserved so much more attention* I loved the B side "mind games"❤

Music connects us all Xx
One of CLEA was local to me and in the regional media a lot. I worked at the same company as her mum, who wasn't shy of people knowing that her daughter was on TV.

This will completely out where I'm from, but Becky Hunter (or Becky Jones as she was then) from AllStars and Microsoap was in my A level English class and I went to her leaving party when she quit to begin filming Microsoap. I do wonder now whether Becky and Clea girl knew each other.

Last edited:
One of CLEA was local to me and in the regional media a lot. I worked at the same company as her mum, who wasn't shy of people knowing that her daughter was on TV.

This will completely out where I'm from, but Becky Hunter (or Becky Jones as she was then) from AllStars and Microsoap was in my A level English class and I went to her leaving party when she quit to begin filming Microsoap. I do wonder now whether Becky and Clea girl knew each other.
I used to think she was so cool and pretty when I was a kid! She did quite a lot of CBBC around that time, I remember she was in U Get Me and again played a cool character who I wanted to be 🤣
What's she up to now? Does she still act?

• Heart
I used to think she was so cool and pretty when I was a kid! She did quite a lot of CBBC around that time, I remember she was in U Get Me and again played a cool character who I wanted to be 🤣
U get me!
I loved that show. I cannot find clips of it anywhere

Reactions: 1
I think she was in Sunset Beach as well. We didn't keep in touch after she left college so I have no idea what she's up to now. She was always quite good fun at college and had a wicked sense of humour.

Bit obscure but does anyone remember Lauren Waterworth? She was signed by Pete Waterman at 12 I think, he proclaimed she'd be a huge star. She had a good voice

The first single got to 24 and the album 82, just checked

Oh my, The 411! I had forgotten all about this song and wasn’t even sure that I knew it but I could sing along the refrain still! The dancing and clothes are pretty hilarious.

Also Agnes…. I could have sworn this song is much much more recent, but it’s actually from 2008 :eek: they still play it quite often on the radio here.

Reactions: 3
Evoke - Arms of Loren. Great house track

Boy Krazy - thats what love can do absolute banger!

Loved this guy and Nick Carter lol
The Calling

Reactions: 6