Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

So strange!!
Wtf has Lynsey done to her face? She looks completely different. Wouldn't have recognised her.

The others look great.

So odd them reuniting and being on a festival lineup alongside 911, Jamelia etc. They were a flop band and didn't garner much attention, though I really liked 'Download It'. I doubt they have much name recognition among Joe Public.

Will we be seeing a Phixx reunion? They at least had a bit more success.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Wtf has Lynsey done to her face? She looks completely different. Wouldn't have recognised her.

The others look great.

So odd them reuniting and being on a festival lineup alongside 911, Jamelia etc. They were a flop band and didn't garner much attention, though I really liked 'Download It'. I doubt they have much name recognition among Joe Public.

I'm guessing they were very cheap to book! I remember buying caught in the middle (?) From the 50p bargain bin at MVC back in the day 🤣
The dark haired girl definitely has a look of Cheryl Cole. Must have pained them that girls aloud did so well and they flopped hard!

The others look great.

She looks terrible!! Aimee hasn’t aged a day! I always though she’d have been the IT girl if she’d made the group!

Reactions: 3
Oh I loved Fame Academy. Was watching my old DVD of it only recently. What I liked was they had to be more musically talented than say x factor. Learning dances, writing their own compositions etc. Absolutely love/loved Lemar. Such a lovely guy and a great singer. Me and my son looked forward to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg keep me a secret was such a banger! Still pops in my head now and then! Love Lemars first album too, ‘no pressure’ is so good! Fame academy was such a good idea mixing big brother with pop idol, I don’t really know why it didn’t take off!

Reactions: 7
Omg keep me a secret was such a banger! Still pops in my head now and then! Love Lemars first album too, ‘no pressure’ is so good! Fame academy was such a good idea mixing big brother with pop idol, I don’t really know why it didn’t take off!
same! i feel like it was before its time and the bbc never quite got the vibe of it right. it could have been amazing but i always thought the format made it look like a pageant show in the end. the parts in the house were always the most interesting!

always blows my mind when i remember that david sneddon wrote national anthem for lana del rey 🤣

Reactions: 6
I love his first album too and his version of Let’s Stay Together
I know some of Kevin Adams family and one of them bought me a fame academy book. I thought it was the best thing ever at the time 😂

This is lovely to see. I loved Ainslie Henderson 'Keep Me a Secret' and Sinead Quinn 'I Can't Break Down'.
I've got Ainslie's e.p. There's a song in it he collaborated with some James members. Think it's called Take back (out?) time. Brilliant song. Loved his quirky differentness & clothes.

Reactions: 1
This thread has unlocked so many memories for me😍can we get a time machine and go back to these times?

Literally recognised every artist going and I must say whoever mentioned CLEA,
I've listened to their music since they formed as a group, I found their style quite different, the music on their first album, was giving European vibes with that TAtu sound on "download it" *this record deserved so much more attention* I loved the B side "mind games"❤

Music connects us all Xx

This thread has unlocked so many memories for me😍can we get a time machine and go back to these times?

Literally recognised every artist going and I must say whoever mentioned CLEA,
I've listened to their music since they formed as a group, I found their style quite different, the music on their first album, was giving European vibes with that TAtu sound on "download it" *this record deserved so much more attention* I loved the B side "mind games"❤

Music connects us all Xx
I don't know why Download It didn't do better...maybe it lacked a dancefloor buzz? I liked it anyway

Phixx weren't great but their song Love Revolution was ok

• Heart
Remember when the emotional support guy (think his name was Jeremy) in Fame Academy had to admit he had ended up snogging one of the contestants?

And when there was a big row when Pete the indie guy who ended up dating Fern Cotton accused Alex Parks of having bad breath.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Badbreathgate! She did look like she would have bad breath to be fair but Pete looked like he smelled of stale cigarette smoke!

Reactions: 1
I've got keep me a secret somewhere.

Does anyone remember Joey Lawrence?

• Heart
Reactions: 7