Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow this thread had brought back so many memories! Thanks everyone!

Anyone remember sarah whatmore form pop idol i believe- when i lost you and automatic?

I thought she would go far but disappeared after her second single

Also can anyone remember a rock/pop band from the early 00’s think it was 4 guys, and i think they had sun/summer in their name?? Think they only had 1/2 singles but their debut was quite a hit

For the life of me I can’t remember how the song goes but i remember the video and the girl is walking through the streets of what looks to be new york (a bit like the justin timberlake
Song lovin. It vibe) and I think the lead singer was called nick?
Yep i suspected Cowell was sleeping with Sarah Whatmore, him saying he wanted to marry her at the audition then giving her a record deal...she was nothing special vocally and had no great charisma

Reactions: 1
Yep i suspected Cowell was sleeping with Sarah Whatmore, him saying he wanted to marry her at the audition then giving her a record deal...she was nothing special vocally.
She didn't even make it past audition 1 did she?

She didn't even make it past audition 1 did she?
She got to the live semi finals I think, but didn't make it to the final 10. Gawd I was obsessed with Pop Idol at the time! Series 2 of Pop Idol wasn't great. It's surprising to think it only lasted 2 series in the UK.

She got to the live semi finals I think, but didn't make it to the final 10. Gawd I was obsessed with Pop Idol at the time! Series 2 of Pop Idol wasn't great. It's surprising to think it only lasted 2 series in the UK.
series 2 had a lot butlin type acts, no one stood out, although surprised mark and sam still have a career in showbiz

series 2 had a lot butlin type acts, no one stood out, although surprised mark and sam still have a career in showbiz
It was bloody awful - Sam and Mark, Andy Scott-Lee, the priest (?)

Thanks @MrsBsDayOff for correcting me, for some reason I didn't think she made it even that far.

Ahh thats their sing i kind of remembered, Hence the sun reference in my first post 🤣

Found nick on instagram, he seems to be doing well as a songwriter now.

Although disappointed as he now has bit of a turkey neck 😩🤣

Did anyone apart from Will Young and Girls Aloud, that was on X Factor / Pop Idol / Fame Academy, etc. really have a career? Or where they all one hit wonders / flops?

Did anyone apart from Will Young and Girls Aloud, that was on X Factor / Pop Idol / Fame Academy, etc. really have a career? Or where they all one hit wonders / flops?
Pop Idol - no one I can really remember (and briefly Darius and Gareth)
Pop Idol 2 - no one
Popstars, Popstars the Rivals - Girls Aloud, Liberty X, Hear'Say (again, briefly and the girls/Kevin Lib X still pretty famous)
XFactor - Little Mix, 1D and Leona obvs. Shayne, JLS, Alexandra Burke, Olly Murs, Stacey Soloman, Rylan are all still kicking about whether its music, TV, theatre, acting etc...

his own profile is private But his writing/working one is thebarnmusic.
View attachment 1017067
Bloody good investigative work there @Pinkii , I'm impressed!

Reactions: 3
Another rooster gem

Their entire debut album was all killer no filler. Every song was worthy of being released as a single, which was so refreshing when many acts know to put in a obvious 3-4 hits and we know which will never get released.

Teenage me was very curious to see how Nick was and my fbi Senses were in full force 🤣

Pop idol 2 Sam and mark have had a pretty good career as childrens tv presenters but absolutely no one from that series did anything musically!

Yep i suspected Cowell was sleeping with Sarah Whatmore, him saying he wanted to marry her at the audition then giving her a record deal...she was nothing special vocally and had no great charisma
I actually liked her two songs but agree that that she just didn't have the X-factor. In some circles her unreleased album was regarded as a missed opportunity. She leaked it a few years ago it was nice early 2000s era pop but nothing special.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Pop Idol - no one I can really remember (and briefly Darius and Gareth)
Pop Idol 2 - no one
Popstars, Popstars the Rivals - Girls Aloud, Liberty X, Hear'Say (again, briefly and the girls/Kevin Lib X still pretty famous)
XFactor - Little Mix, 1D and Leona obvs. Shayne, JLS, Alexandra Burke, Olly Murs, Stacey Soloman, Rylan are all still kicking about whether its music, TV, theatre, acting etc...

Bloody good investigative work there @Pinkii , I'm impressed!
Pop Idol 1 - Zoe Birkett had a fleeting music career, but now does musical theatre. She's currently one of the leads in Moulin Rouge! and also runs a stage school in her home town of Darlington.

Reactions: 3