Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember a girl band from about 2002/3 called Lemonscent? They had a song called Beautiful which used to get played on Magic TV all time time, but I can find no trace of it anyway. The video was set in a castle and had medieval vibe to it. Please tell me I didn’t imagine this?

They were a Scottish band. Think the song was called Cinderella you’re talking about but can’t find a video for that one sorry.

Reactions: 2
I’ve quoted you again lol I’m listening to make it good whilst I clean ❤❤ Such a good album on this ain’t what love is about. Paul’s vocals really come through on the album, I love their other albums but they were pure cheese lol
It's such a good bloody album. Currently listening to If I Can't have You on a playlist, honestly one of my all time faves x

Reactions: 1
Have we had The Faders yet? I was OBSESSED with No Sleep Tonight and was gutted when they just sort of fizzled out. I think the one with the red hair had a famous dad so there as a bit of wink wink that’s how she got the record deal about it all but I like their (two) main songs 😂
You have no idea how long I'd been looking for the name of this band, failed Google searches, friends not having a clue what I'm talking about.

Found this thread, scoured in hope and found! You're officially my hero!

Think this could well be my favourite tattle thread! Thanks for the trip down memory lane

“I like my man like I like my coffee, hot strong and sweet like toffee” what a tune 😂 loved that one

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone remember BON? They had a song called boys. I seem to remember the video being as camp as anything. Catchy but the singer sounded like every generic Europop act ever.

Reactions: 9
Anyone remember BON? They had a song called boys. I seem to remember the video being as camp as anything. Catchy but the singer sounded like every generic Europop act ever.

Yes I remember this they used to play it on The Box or MTV Hits! It was crap wasn’t!

Oh my god I had totally forgotten about this but I LOVED this song! The video is very odd, his mouth doesn’t match the lyrics half the time. It’s like he didn’t speak English and they tried to cut the video to make it look like he did lol.

I think it was originally recorded in German and they released an English version later, so presumably they just dubbed the English version over the original video.

Does Tina Cousins count as a flop? She was vocalist on 2 Sash hits and that Abba tribute song with Steps etc, but her solo singles and album flopped, I got the impression her record label were hoping for her to be a much bigger star than she became. I quite liked "Killin Time"

I loved ‘Killin Time’ and that other one she did with Sash!, ‘Mysterious Times’.

• Heart
I have LOVED this thread.
So many videos that I've looked at like nah don't know that one, hit play and BOOM I'm back in my youth 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Oh my god I had totally forgotten about this but I LOVED this song! The video is very odd, his mouth doesn’t match the lyrics half the time. It’s like he didn’t speak English and they tried to cut the video to make it look like he did lol.
i had forgotten the ‘storyline’ (use that loosely) of the video til I found it on YouTube. He did well keeping that towel on with all that jiggin’ about.

Rik Waller, a big guy who was on 1st season of Pop Idol, made it to the top 10 based on viewer votes then mysteriously dropped out and was replaced by Darius Danesh. I was convinced he was paid by Cowell to leave the show, out of fear that he was going to win the whole thing.

He released an album and 2 singles, one of which went top 10. The album must have flopped as all went quiet after that but he resurfaced on Channel 5 "Back to Reality" show with Jade Goody and some other ex reality tv stars.

Reactions: 5
Rik Waller, a big guy who was on 1st season of Pop Idol, made it to the top 10 based on viewer votes then mysteriously dropped out and was replaced by Darius Danesh. I was convinced he was paid by Cowell to leave the show, out of fear that he was going to win the whole thing.

He released an album and 2 singles, one of which went top 10. The album must have flopped as all went quiet after that but he resurfaced on Channel 5 "Back to Reality" show with Jade Goody and some other ex reality tv stars.

I read an article about him last year!! He'd been an exam invigilator, but is now a driver delivering meals!!

• Wow
I was convinced he was paid by Cowell to leave the show, out of fear that he was going to win the whole thing.

Ooh that's an interesting theory, I was far to young and naïve back then to think that, and it was the first show of its sort.

Wasn't the official line that he was sick...? Much like Lucy Spraggon.

Reactions: 3
Ooh that's an interesting theory, I was far to young and naïve back then to think that, and it was the first show of its sort.

Wasn't the official line that he was sick...? Much like Lucy Spraggon.
I think so yeah, I vaguely remember something about being sick but it was never elaborated on, all a bit fishy.

Does anyone remember a girl group called The 411, they had a song called Dumb. I loved that song 💃🏽
Yes and apologies if anyone’s already replied and said it but they also had another hit, which I preferred, called On My Knees.

Daphne and Celeste had a few songs, I remember Ooh Stick You and 🎵U.G.L.Y you ain't got no alibi, you ugly 🎶 😆

Anyone remember the Allstars? They had a CITV show where they would sing their songs.

Plus the shite cover with their own lyrics of School’s Out! :sick: Daphne and Celeste were horrid as well. Met them backstage at a Party in the Park event and they were so up their own backsides it was unreal.

I was obsessed with this 😂

Great sample of Walter Murphy’s A Fifth of Beethoven from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack in that one. I remember Radio 1 playing it a lot at the time.

Last edited:
This was one my daughter had constantly on in the car when doing the school run. Little Boots - Remedy

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Poor Little Boots, IIRC she came out around the same time as Pixie Lott and had a lot of hype around her….Pixie absolutely trounced her though.

Reactions: 7