Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dove, short lived Irish pop band who made the top 30 of the UK charts. The lead singer Hazel Kaneswaren later entered Popstars the Rivals while pregnant. She made it to the final 10 and then had to be eliminated as she had lied about her age. She was replaced by Nicola Roberts.

I had this on single back in the day, I had no idea she was Hazel from PTR. It all worked out in the end though.

Reactions: 1
Off topic but does anyone else randomly remember the telephone number for Going Live/Live and Kicking?! 081 811 8181 πŸ˜‚β˜Ž

On topic:
Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex U Up. I remember being so embarrassed when this came on when I was with my parents in the car.

Snow - Informer. "a-licky-boom-boom-down" πŸ˜‚

Dr Alban - It's My Life. Now just reminds me of period adverts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Off topic but does anyone else randomly remember the telephone number for Going Live/Live and Kicking?! 081 811 8181 πŸ˜‚β˜Ž

On topic:
Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex U Up. I remember being so embarrassed when this came on when I was with my parents in the car.

You must be about my age!

Yes and always sing it the way they used to on Going Live!

Reactions: 6

On topic:

Going Live was way better than Live and Kicking!! A cousin went to a taping of it and saw Five Star and i remember my sister being so jealous.

Reactions: 7
I want to thank you all for this thread! I read most of it last night and created a Spotify playlist with lots of your forgotten bangers which is brightening my day no end right now!

Reactions: 10
Going Live was way better than Live and Kicking!! A cousin went to a taping of it and saw Five Star and i remember my sister being so jealous.
Was your cousin at Going Live on that infamous day when that boy spoke to Five Star during a phone in and asked them why they were so β€œfu##ing sh!t”?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I used to love Adam Rickett - I breathe again

does anyone remember the music video of him in the glass box with no clothes on πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I used to love Adam Rickett - I breathe again

does anyone remember the music video of him in the glass box with no clothes on πŸ˜‚
I posted this earlier in the thread, I was quite young at the time but thought he was the most gorgeous thing ever.

I was wrong πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Was your cousin at Going Live on that infamous day when that boy spoke to Five Star during a phone in and asked them why they were so β€œfu##ing sh!t”?
I'm not sure, its possible as i recall it being late 80s. I will find out lol

Do you remember when Paris Hilton tried her hand at being a ✨ Popstar ✨ ?

I actually think the first one is a bop, the second is not. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I remember people at the time this came out remarking how it sounded like UB40’s Kingston Town

There are so many flop girl groups/duos that I seem to have been repressing.

Reactions: 3
There was like a duo in the 00’s called Supafly, does anyone remember lol they had a song called Moving Too Fast

Her other single was 'Nothing in this world' which as also a bop
I had her album and I LOVED it πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 2

stars are blind is honestly a great pop song (and i loved the use of it in promising young woman).

so many absolute bops being mentioned in this thread. and a lot of songs that i apparently know all the words to 🀣

• Heart
stars are blind is honestly a great pop song (and i loved the use of it in promising young woman).

so many absolute bops being mentioned in this thread. and a lot of songs that i apparently know all the words to 🀣
Oh yeah! I forgot it was in PYW. Good movie too!

I remember people at the time this came out remarking how it sounded like UB40’s Kingston Town
It definitely does!

Lynden David Hall. He had a song called Sexy Cinderella which you might recognise. He sadly died of cancer in 2006.

Also, "Why Can't I?" by Liz Phair.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Dove, short lived Irish pop band who made the top 30 of the UK charts. The lead singer Hazel Kaneswaren later entered Popstars the Rivals while pregnant. She made it to the final 10 and then had to be eliminated as she had lied about her age. She was replaced by Nicola Roberts.

I know way too much random information on flop pop acts πŸ˜‚ Kimberly Walsh actually took Hazel Kaneswarens place in Girls Aloud. And she was over the age limit by 10 days - which is crazy πŸ˜‚ She is also the sister of Siva from The Wanted.

Last edited: