Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved that mix, "Perfect Exceeder", I loved it in the clubs in 2007 and still listen to it when running. H20 - I was listening to that song only last week actually, good fun and loved the video
Yeah that is a fuckin TUNE!

I watched the Damage video and Jade Jones is giving me the feels, WOOF!!!

Anyone remember Love City Groove? UK Eurovision entry from the 90s. I used to dress up as the guy and sing along to it as a kid (oh the shame).

‘In the morning/ when the sun shines/ down on your body/ I know we’re really makin love now’

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah that is a fuckin TUNE!

I watched the Damage video and Jade Jones is giving me the feels, WOOF!!!

Anyone remember Love City Groove? UK Eurovision entry from the 90s. I used to dress up as the guy and sing along to it as a kid (oh the shame).

‘In the morning/ when the sun shines/ down on your body/ I know we’re really makin love now’

LCG, another band that were on my TOTP tape around 1995 and remind me of a family holiday driving around France playing the tape over and over. Jonathan King either discovered or managed them. Song hasn't aged well!!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Reel, an Irish boy band who were out in the very early 00s. They played (well not sure if the instruments were real) traditional instruments, think of Westlife with fiddles. I remember having arguments with a group of devoted Reel fans on the Worldpop forums, I kept insisting Reel were crap. I just checked and their 2 singles charted at 39 and 31!

Anyone remember Worldpop actually? I loved it and was active on the forums, I can't remember my username now :( i used Dotmusic forums too to a lesser extent

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I remember WorldPop, my name was Chicken Licken! Then Dotmusic when it closed that place was brutal!

I remember WorldPop, my name was Chicken Licken! Then Dotmusic when it closed that place was brutal!
Yeah I liked Dotmusic but it was quite cliquey and bitchy. I used to look forward to the midweek charts being leaked there.

Yeah I liked Dotmusic but it was quite cliquey and bitchy. I used to look forward to the midweek charts being leaked there.
ahhh yes Worldpop was ace, I actually won Kaci’s (mentioned earlier in this thread) debut album on Worldpop (Dr and Nurse Pop!), Dotmusic was a bit more serious, and then there was UKMIX.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Found another Damage song. The tune is lovely but the video is a really tit concept!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Found another Damage song. The tune is lovely but the video is a really tit concept!
Ohhh I remember this video now.... Did you see them on the Big Reunion show in 2014? Some seriously bad blood between the members. I can't remember all the details, but Jade and Andrez seemed to have remained friends and the other 2 seemed to hate them. There was a claim from one of them about being left with debt from the breakup of the band that other members (possibly Jade) didn't pay their fair share of. Again the details are fuzzy in my mind

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Upside Down were mentioned above. A quick reminder by google shows me that they were indeed the one I thought I remembered who had a member, Giles Kristian, who hails from Rothley in Leicestershire, not far from my neck of the woods. A few years ago, he reinvented himself as a novelist,

Upside Down were mentioned above. A quick reminder by google shows me that they were indeed the one I thought I remembered who had a member, Giles Kristian, who hails from Rothley in Leicestershire, not far from my neck of the woods. A few years ago, he reinvented himself as a novelist,

"Had girls camping outside the house"...girls camped for Upside Down? o_O :eek:

I found this article about Upside Down which gave me a few laughs. It even says one of them acquired a stalker.

Lol also at their transformation into Orange Orange, sadly I never got to hear the single. Info online is scant and throws up recipes for upside down orange cakes.

Last edited:
"Had girls camping outside the house"...girls camped for Upside Down? o_O :eek:

I found this article about Upside Down which gave me a few laughs. It even says one of them acquired a stalker.

Lol also at their transformation into Orange Orange, sadly I never got to hear the single. Info online is scant and throws up recipes for upside down orange cakes.

Orange Orange? What sort of a god awful name is that?

Words that are repeated do sometimes work for a band name e.g. The The, Talk Talk, Wet Wet Wet etc but that’s because they are short words that only have one syllable but Orange Orange doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ohhh I remember this video now.... Did you see them on the Big Reunion show in 2014? Some seriously bad blood between the members. I can't remember all the details, but Jade and Andrez seemed to have remained friends and the other 2 seemed to hate them. There was a claim from one of them about being left with debt from the breakup of the band that other members (possibly Jade) didn't pay their fair share of. Again the details are fuzzy in my mind
Funnily enough I’ve been watching that season on YouTube tonight. What was coree inside for?! It’s not mentioned. I wonder if Jade has been living as a kept man for all these years…

I’m not sure if these flopped or not but all I can remember of them is The OC theme tune

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thought of another: Milk short lived pop foray by Dan Falzon of Neighbours fame.

Its terrible but who didn't love a bit of Rick Alessi 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Dumdums, Everything... Not a bad tune, I was surprised when it didn't do well

Just remembered another Lynch sister was in a girl band, called Fab! Just checked and Turn Around only got to number 59....

Last edited:
Dove, short lived Irish pop band who made the top 30 of the UK charts. The lead singer Hazel Kaneswaren later entered Popstars the Rivals while pregnant. She made it to the final 10 and then had to be eliminated as she had lied about her age. She was replaced by Nicola Roberts.