Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know way too much random information on flop pop acts šŸ˜‚ Kimberly Walsh actually took Hazel Kaneswarens place in Girls Aloud. And she was over the age limit by 10 days - which is crazy šŸ˜‚ She is also the sister of Siva from The Wanted.
Another bit of Hazel trivia - she wrote the Irish Eurovision entry in 2014, however it failed to qualify from the semi final. It wasn't a bad song but the performance was weak and the staging was bloody awful. Hazel also had a couple of top 10 singles in Ireland in the early 00s.

Lynden David Hall. He had a song called Sexy Cinderella which you might recognise. He sadly died of cancer in 2006.

Also, "Why Can't I?" by Liz Phair.

Re LDH, I also remember "Do I Qualify?" I don't think any of his songs made a big dent on the charts so think he does qualify as a flop act. It's sad he died so young.

I used to love Adam Rickett - I breathe again

does anyone remember the music video of him in the glass box with no clothes on šŸ˜‚
I think he was targeted at the gay market...

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m going through my photos n have come across my concert photos from 1997 onwards,
911 were supported by code red, universal and n tyce!
i saw point break at steps back in1999!

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m going through my photos n have come across my concert photos from 1997 onwards,
911 were supported by code red, universal and n tyce!
i saw point break at steps back in1999!
I saw 911 and they were supported by BWitched haha

Reactions: 3
Also went to the smash hits poll winners party in 1998 when westlife won the up
Comin award I wanted a1 to win. Back then westlfie were known as westside

I saw 911 and they were supported by BWitched haha
I saw them on all their tours n then the boys are back tour in 2020

Also went to the smash hits poll winners party in 1998 when westlife won the up
Comin award I wanted a1 to win. Back then westlfie were known as westside
god i loved a1. sometimes when iā€™m tipsy i will launch into a whole speech about why ā€œsame old brand new youā€ is one of the greatest boyband songs of all time.

the dj in the cardiff popworld eventually told me to stop requesting it šŸ˜¢

• Haha
Reactions: 17
god i loved a1. sometimes when iā€™m tipsy i will launch into a whole speech about why ā€œsame old brand new youā€ is one of the greatest boyband songs of all time.

I was (am) a big fan of A1! Saw them
Ah the boys are back tour too.,,, 36 year old me was 17 again lol with 911, a1 and five lol went for a wee when damage were on lol

• Heart
Reactions: 5

You're absolutely correct though, it is SO underrated!

Reactions: 2
You're absolutely correct though, it is SO underrated!
it is!!! it is just an outstandingly well crafted pop song and the video where theyā€™re all mechanics and dancing in the rain?! i should google what ben adams looks like now and hope that 15 year old me isnā€™t disappointed šŸ¤£

it is!!! it is just an outstandingly well crafted pop song and the video where theyā€™re all mechanics and dancing in the rain?! i should google what ben adams looks like now and hope that 15 year old me isnā€™t disappointed šŸ¤£
It is! It's very early 00s in sound but that's what makes it so good. I saw A1 in London in late 2019 and they were so good honestly, Ben is only in his mid 30s and he's still really hot!

Reactions: 3
Lynden David Hall. He had a song called Sexy Cinderella which you might recognise. He sadly died of cancer in 2006.

I loved Lynden David Hall, his debut album ā€˜Medicine 4 My Painā€™ is SO good, Iā€™d recommend it to anyone who likes laid back soul.
He was such a beautiful man with a gorgeous voice. He passed away on Valentineā€™s Day, I was so upset, his music was so romantic šŸ’”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It is! It's very early 00s in sound but that's what makes it so good. I saw A1 in London in late 2019 and they were so good honestly, Ben is only in his mid 30s and he's still really hot!
Just googled and he's actually 40! Sure he'd be very flattered šŸ˜‚ and I have to agree Same old brand new you is a fantastic pop song! (Closely followed by caught in the middle!)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me
Diana Vickers - Once
The Yeah Yous - 15 Minutes (absolute tune btw)
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
Just listening to 15 Minutes. It's a great track. Never heard it before. Instantly likeable. šŸ‘Œ

• Heart
have you heard Markā€™s new ā€˜metalā€™ version? Itā€™s actually surprisingly great and on Spotify!

wasnā€™t a huge a1 fan but agree that SOBNY is one of the best boy band songs of all time.

ben adams would still get it though!

Reactions: 5
I only found this thread today and I think I have my soundtrack for the entire weekend ahead! So many nearly forgotten songs and bands....

Anyone remember Geisha Dreams by Rollergirl? It still pops randomly into my head these days

Anyone remember Frankmusik? He had a couple of good songs, but I remember this one the most. Holly Valance is in the video:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone remember Frankmusik? He had a couple of good songs, but I remember this one the most. Holly Valance is in the video:

i read the title and thought ā€œnope, i donā€™t think soā€ and then listened to find that i remember the entire song šŸ¤£

holly valance wearing the absolute peak of early 00s style in that video too!

have you heard Markā€™s new ā€˜metalā€™ version? Itā€™s actually surprisingly great and on Spotify!

wasnā€™t a huge a1 fan but agree that SOBNY is one of the best boy band songs of all time.

ben adams would still get it though!
Ben has still got it!!! Hahaha
Their last uk album make it good was really good. They were a underrated band to be honest. A head of their time back in 1999

[

QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I loved that song! Never seen the video, but it's good Holly was taking a break from doing those '0800 REVERSE' adverts back in the 00s! šŸ¤£

Also around the same time (2009) anyone remember little boots? She had a couple of really catchy songs 'Remedy' and 'new in town' then totally disappeared...

Madasun, failed girl group from 99/00. "Don't You Worry" is the song I remember

Kerri Ann, Irish female singer, I think Louis Walsh managed her. I recall her promoting her song on a few shows, but it didn't trouble the top 40

Does Tina Cousins count as a flop? She was vocalist on 2 Sash hits and that Abba tribute song with Steps etc, but her solo singles and album flopped, I got the impression her record label were hoping for her to be a much bigger star than she became. I quite liked "Killin Time"

Last edited: