Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s awful what happened to The London Boys. One of them had kids that were left orphaned because the mother also died in the crash.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone remember the same tune being a hit twice over...

Firstly a bloke called Eamon with a song called - duck it

Then a girl called Frankie did a song to the same tune but with different lyrics called - duck You right back

Cba to read the whole thread so sorry if it's already been covered.

Reactions: 11
My local radio station accidentally played the unedited expletive version of Eamon’s I Don’t Want You Back.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Does anyone remember a song which was in a foreign language (I can't remember which, Greek maybe?) released around 2004/5? Part of the title was I do believe something like "dragnosti"

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember a song which was in a foreign language (I can't remember which, Greek maybe?) released around 2004/5? Part of the title was I do believe something like "dragnosti"

It was Romanian, released in 2002/3. Is this the one you mean?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Noise Next Door - the triplets with changing hair for every single. A cheap Busted. Lock Up Your Daughters & Calendar Girls. T

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby

True Steppers ft. Dane Bowers and Victoria Beckham

😬

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I’m in communication with them and are all great solo artists now. Dan the one in the middle is a bit of a jumped up ass but radu (Picasso) and arsenium have released songs too and are pretty good

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Anyone remember the same tune being a hit twice over...

Firstly a bloke called Eamon with a song called - duck it

Then a girl called Frankie did a song to the same tune but with different lyrics called - duck You right back

Cba to read the whole thread so sorry if it's already been covered.
That was definitely the era for stupid manufactured idiocy. See also t.A.T.u, as have been mentioned.

OMG that reminds me of a holiday in Tenerife circa 2004. I was lying in bed asleep and the hotel opposite randomly started Playing that song really, really loudly in the middle of the night. Scared me to death 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
🎶 McDonald’s McDonald’s
Kentucky Fried Chicken
and a Pizza Hut 🎶

• Haha
Reactions: 14

The two on the right look like vampires or zombies in that still at the video's start, with the faces they're pulling!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ready To Go on its re-release reached No13 & Drop Dead Gorgeous reached No7 so not total flops

Saffron from Republica played Chesney Hawkes’ love interest in the video for The One & Only (the one set in the cinema where they are watching Buddy’s Song, the film the song is featured in)
There is no question about the group's talent. Saffron is a great singer and I understand she's collaborated with many artists...that's why I feel they could've done so much better. The music that they put out, in the form of Republica, was not as successful as it should've been and therefore, believe that they were a flop. The 2 main songs were perfect for advertisements and soundtrack but generally not great listening on a CD.
Even now, I would listen to 'Ready to go' and think of Asda. Not a legacy I would want as a talented group.
I feel they had so much more to give than what they actually gave.

I've just remembered Mini Viva, another 00s girl group that had a lot of hype around them, they did get a top 10 single but fizzled out very quickly so overall I would call them a flop

Reactions: 4
Yep, first single was a hit and then the second single (I Wish?) absolutely tanked...and that was it!

Reactions: 1