Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
I used to love Adam Rickett - I breathe again

does anyone remember the music video of him in the glass box with no clothes on 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I remember Allstars, they appeared on SMTV a few times, the show was awful and never got popular. I remember them doing a poor cover of Land of Make Believe. One of them popped up on Big Brother years later as a contestant
Isn't one of them Darren from Hollyoaks?

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Same happened with Nadine Coyle on the Irish version of Popstars. All very orchestrated if you ask me!
i refuse to believe MAMMY I CAN’T FIND MY PASSPORT was orchestrated 🤣😉 (if it was then give nadine her oscar now)

my name is nadine, I’m from lark hill in derry, my date of birth is 15 june 1985 making me a ✨gemini✨ followed by the pause where she registers what she’s done and says: what date of birth did i say now 😳

a reality tv MASTERPIECE.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Coastal dreams

Does anyone remember the band No Mercy? First single was Where do you go (pretty sure second one was called Please don't go 🤣)

• Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Certainly is!

I also love How Bizarre by OMC too!
And I said, what about, Breakfast at Tiffany’s?

Another 00s act I felt you heard ALL the time, who then disappeared, would be Goldfrapp. Mid noughts they were absolutely everywhere, and although they did a bunch of albums, I feel you never really hear about them anymore. Oh La La still gets used on a lot of TV ads though!

Reactions: 12

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Curve were once the darlings of the NME Indie press. They had some minor success but that’s it. They were always a bit too alternative to be regarded as pop.

Toni Halliday the singer was Elite Hot though.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Crazy for You by Let Loose was a huge hit at the time, it got to number 2 in the charts and was only kept off by Wet Wet Wet‘s ‘Love is all Around which was number 1 forever (or so it seemed) It was always on the radio and is a real forgotten gem of the 90’s IMO. It still sounds good today,
I love Crazy for You, I still hear it regularly on the radio and sing along to it. I didn't hear the follow up single, not sure why they flopped afterwards

gmf21

I’ve just lost several minutes to Soapstar Superstar! Good grief.

I’m quite fascinated by Martine McCutcheon. One minute she’s the new Judy Garland and being Liza Minelli’s bridesmaid, the next she’s barely the new Anita Dobson. She seems fairly sanguine about it too, what happened there?!

Last edited:
  • Haha

mousey

ARE YOU ACTUALLY JOKING ME!!!!! So I totally made up the video in my head and must be getting it mixed up with another song because THIS IS THE SONG! I have been looking for this song for years and I could literally kiss you, I’m going to send it to my friend now 😂😂😂
I can’t believe it!! We made it kids. Good job FPsycho!

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Lots of those aren’t flop acts though? Blue by Eiffel 65 got to #1 for example. I think they even had a follow up single that did pretty well.To me a flop act is a band or singer who’s launched with huge fanfare is everywhere promoting it, but then fail to make much of impact in the charts or live up to the hype. There was a lot of these kind of acts in the 90’s and 00’s because teen pop was huge and everyone was jumping on the bandwagon.

Anyway I’m amazed someone hasn’t mentioned 21st Century Girls yet! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Yeah A1 had two number ones and some more hits. Of their songs I actually really like Caught In the Middle. Summertime of Our Lives was cheesy fun too.

Did anyone good ever come out of fame academy?! Alex parks is the only one I can remember.. flops all round
Lemar was the only one I remember having an ongoing singing career, although I haven't heard what he's up to in the last few years, well I don't follow the charts or current music anymore anyway so maybe he still does well.

• Heart

lastdis

VIP Member
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, olive reminds me of working in a really dodgy shops. Kinda like home bargains but dirty and nasty. If your from Manchester it was in Piccadilly plaza .

• Heart

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I have a video of a load of totp episodes i taped in 94/95, its amzing, a lot of bands mentioned are on it. Let Loose also had a song called Seventeen, the drummer was fit!
Anyone remember Alisha's Attic? How about Michelle Gayle: Sweetness?

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Sophie b Hawkins “damn I wish I was your lover” and the banned lesbian video
Oh I loved her song Right Beside You so much. It instantly transports me back to school in the 90s. Another one that does that is 74/75 by the Connells.

A few dance ones I remember:

Capella had several hits
Strike - U Sure Do
Baby D
Stonebridge - Put Em High

• Heart

Notorious PIG

I vaguely remember two bands..
Five Star and Cleopatra. I think Five Star did have a few hits though. Not sure if Cleopatra were one hit wonders.
I loved Five Star, I still listen to them semi regularly to this day! ‘System Addict’ and ‘The Slightest Touch’ were/are banging tunes!

When I was little I thought they were cousins of the Jacksons 🤣

Cleopatra comin’ at ya! Loved that song 🤣

I also loved A1 and really fancied the one with the curtains 🙈
Haha I fancied him too!

What about daphne and celeste they were one hit wonders
Yes, omg I felt sorry for them that time they played at a festival and the crowd totally abused them and ran them off!

• Haha

AshMay

VIP Member
Anyone remember 3SL and VS? Think 3SL were brothers of Lisa from Steps and Marvin Humes was in VS but only remember a couple songs each from them!