Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing with Fleurs vlogs are even though she is at home she's still doing things so the vlogs arn't boring. trimming the dogs, cooking, playing with River, painting rivers the table and chairs and working out. Zoe did a 50 min vlog of nothing basically walked in the garden and back inside!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve resubscribed recently, she is so refreshing from the other fakes

Reactions: 9
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is fleurs big charity initiative simply her donating some items towards an auction? The woman is wealthier than most of us can ever dream of and we are supposed to applaud her for giving away a few things she owns (out of a ludicrous amount). I just find it a bit tacky when a millionaire can spend probably tens of thousands on a new kitchen but asks others to donate their hard earned money whilst she is hailed as a hero.

Is she at least matching the money?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is fleurs big charity initiative simply her donating some items towards an auction? The woman is wealthier than most of us can ever dream of and we are supposed to applaud her for giving away a few things she owns (out of a ludicrous amount). I just find it a bit tacky when a millionaire can spend probably tens of thousands on a new kitchen but asks others to donate their hard earned money whilst she is hailed as a hero.

We don't know how much she's donating personally but something is better than nothing. This was a win-win initiative to get people on board while also getting supporting a good cause and raising awareness. I find it ridiculous that we as a nation have to raise money for something the government should be funding adequately but hey ho.

Reactions: 12
We don't know how much she's donating personally but something is better than nothing. This was a win-win initiative to get people on board while also getting supporting a good cause and raising awareness. I find it ridiculous that we as a nation have to raise money for something the government should be funding adequately but hey ho.
She is personally donating 1000. She said the auction raised 19k and her goal was 20k

She is personally donating 1000. She said the auction raised 19k and her goal was 20k
Decent enough. Like I said, her parents and her husbands parents are the millionaires. We don't know how much of that fortune she has access too. But I'm sure the taxes they pay are more than an average persons yearly salary. Its ridiculous we are being made to feel guilted in to donating to the NHS when we already fund it. The government really have a lot of explaining to do in that regard but I'm getting off topic lol

Reactions: 24
I swear she said in one her recent vlogs that she would match whatever was donated? Have I dreamt this?

Either way, why does she need to donate at all? She doesn’t, she could do what other influencers over doing,
duck all.

God knows how mikes business is doing/suffering now either.
this isn’t a rave thread and I’m well aware I sound ravey. 😏

but she did her lockdown beauty routine, I don’t usually watch uploads like that but desperate times 🤷‍♀️
And she mentioned numerous times that the stuff she was using was expensive.....

compared to Millen with her 700 quid cream and her electrician husband using creme de la mar on his sore eyes like it’s the norm 🤷‍♀️
the one influencer who is stinking rich seems the most down to earth atm.

I think what I like about her vlogs right now is they’re so basic, she’s doing nothing, it’s just her mike and river, and again (rave comment incoming) I love seeing them as a family, I don’t need to give it much attention, it’s nothing groundbreaking, she’s not trying to hide any mention of the corona.
It’s just normal, I seriously watched her wash a pig (sorry dog) in a sink and I’m not ashamed to say it 😐
They way she is with river, the mushrooms, the fact she just wants to sit in the car, the frustrations of a toddler 🤣
I feel like fluer of 12 months ago would be telling us river had completely 12 work sheets for age 4/5 and had taken the dogs on a nature walk alone because she’s that advanced.

Reactions: 32
I swear she said in one her recent vlogs that she would match whatever was donated? Have I dreamt this?
Nope, she said that. Maybe that was before she thought of asking others to donate items as well, and maybe she had only thought of matching her own items. Who knows. I mean, £1000 is a decent amount of course, but if she's sold everything that would be a lot more.

They way she is with river, the mushrooms, the fact she just wants to sit in the car, the frustrations of a toddler 🤣
I feel like fluer of 12 months ago would be telling us river had completely 12 work sheets for age 4/5 and had taken the dogs on a nature walk alone because she’s that advanced.
She seems to have really grown into her role as a mother. Maybe she just wasn't too keen on the baby stage... I mean, she still pimped her daughter out for freebies and attention of course, but she now seems to have relaxed a bit more.

Reactions: 1
I completely agree, it's a joke that people are needing to donate anything, our taxes should be enough to support the NHS.. I blame the tories obviously haha. But I do think that with the amount of money she spends on luxuries and travel £1000 is not a huge amount 💁🏼

It shouldn’t matter if she is rich or pretend rich let her donate what she wants to. I think it’s unfair to judge people who are only tryna help - no matter how much they are worth.

Reactions: 22
She organised the whole thing, donated 15 items herself, and the donated a £1000 when it didn’t reach her target of £20k.

Considering some bloggers donated gifted items, she’s done pretty well imo

Reactions: 22
Also the things she donates were worth thousands, so really she has given more than just the £1000.

Couldnt believe my ears when I heard her say Piglet was shitting herself 😂 didnt have her down as the type to swear in front of her child!

Reactions: 13

This is actually a really mean comment. How can anyone possibly complain about someone raising money for such a worthwhile cause? Obviously you’d rather she’d done nothing as this has offended you so much. Amazing.

Reactions: 26
Also the things she donates were worth thousands, so really she has given more than just the £1000.

Couldnt believe my ears when I heard her say Piglet was shitting herself 😂 didnt have her down as the type to swear in front of her child!
Hahaha, I was surprised that she swore in front of River too. She seems pretty relaxed.

Reactions: 4
This is actually a really mean comment. How can anyone possibly complain about someone raising money for such a worthwhile cause? Obviously you’d rather she’d done nothing as this has offended you so much. Amazing.
I guess you can add me to the list of meanies, because I completely agree with them. We are in the middle of a global pandemic that has left millions and millions of people without jobs and struggling to afford to just exist. Now is not the time for charity auctions. If you are financially fortunate, just donate the money yourself and be done with it. Her heart was in the right place but her methods left a lot to be desired. Talk about failing to read the room.

Edit: Criticism of her methods does not equate to me saying "she should have just done nothing." Just so we're clear. And yes, my family is also donating during this time. So don't come at me with any of that nonsense.

Edit #2: If you are in the financially fortunate category, maybe this article can help you decide where your money can do some good: COVID-19 Non-Profit Companies

Also, please consider donating non-perishables to the food bank. Call around to shelters and see what they need. If you hunt, fish, farm, or just have any extra food sitting in your freezers that you don't think you'll use any time soon, ask your local community if they know people who could use it. You can also cook it up and ask a soup kitchen if they could use it. If you sew, call around to local businesses that are open and ask them if their employees would like masks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I guess you can add me to the list of meanies, because I completely agree with them. We are in the middle of a global pandemic that has left millions and millions of people without jobs and struggling to afford to just exist. Now is not the time for charity auctions. If you are financially fortunate, just donate the money yourself and be done with it. Her heart was in the right place but her methods left a lot to be desired. Talk about failing to read the room.

Edit: Criticism of her methods does not equate to me saying "she should have just done nothing." Just so we're clear. And yes, my family is also donating during this time. So don't come at me with any of that nonsense.

Edit #2: If you are in the financially fortunate category, maybe this article can help you decide where your money can do some good: COVID-19 Non-Profit Companies

Also, please consider donating non-perishables to the food bank. Call around to shelters and see what they need. If you hunt, fish, farm, or just have any extra food sitting in your freezers that you don't think you'll use any time soon, ask your local community if they know people who could use it. You can also cook it up and ask a soup kitchen if they could use it. If you sew, call around to local businesses that are open and ask them if their employees would like masks.
I fail to see how she has “ failed to read the room”. Why does it matter how money is raised? All sorts of methods are being used to raise awareness and funds. From an old man doing laps of his garden, to people running 5k and donating a fiver. It’s all people coming together for a worthwhile cause. The more awareness the better. I find all that nice, kind, loving and helpful. If your way of being kind is hunting or sewing etc then great. But be kind to others too.

Reactions: 16
I fail to see how she has “ failed to read the room”. Why does it matter how money is raised? All sorts of methods are being used to raise awareness and funds. From an old man doing laps of his garden, to people running 5k and donating a fiver. It’s all people coming together for a worthwhile cause. The more awareness the better. I find all that nice, kind, loving and helpful. If your way of being kind is hunting or sewing etc then great. But be kind to others too.
Nothing I said was "unkind" in the slightest. Honest, blunt, and sobering maybe but not unkind. I am speaking the truth for a lot of people right now who don't have luxury of indulging some bored, rich person and their well-to-do friends. The difference between the examples you gave and what Fleur did is there is no ego or YouTube recognition to go along with it. Just average people doing the best they can with what they've got. And just so we're clear, nobody who lives in the real world needs to be reminded of what's going on right now. I wager we all know quite a few people who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. So I'll be a little less "unkind" when certain folks stop being a little less naive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.