Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should have just told the truth; “I went because I felt like it, and I didn’t really care about anything else at that point. I thought I had done my part by clapping for our carers. I still do not really care, but I realise this doesn’t make me look good and that bothers me. And now if you’ll excuse me, I will go and look up the meaning of solidarity”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
How did she make her £££££ to have this big acre house and land you all talk about???
Both Fleur and Mike are from wealthy families, they live in a house owned by Mike's family. Their wealth does not come from YouTube, they already had it.

Reactions: 22
How did she make her £££££ to have this big acre house and land you all talk about???
Her family is well off and her husbands family even more so. Her husbands family bought the hall in 2005 for 2.5M I believe? It is the general belief that they moved into it to avoid inheritance tax (where you are taxed 40% of someone’s capital above £350K in inheritance or gifts up to 7 years before the person has died)

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I don't know where you're from but I just want to pick up on the house comment because it's kinda grating on me. I think maybe you don't realise just how privileged she is?

She doesn't live in a "nice house" she lives in a Hall. It's enormous. She has about 70 football pitches' worth of land in addition to her huge home. It's not normal big, it's closer in scale to a castle than to a British house.

I know in other countries it's normal to have a big, spacious house with a large garden and a lot of privacy.

In Britain 50% of houses are terraced or semi-detached, meaning there's no escaping from your neighbours. Even detached houses aren't typically far though from anyone else for it to matter. I won't even mention flats because the issues there are self-evident.

So the rest of us plebs have been living in close quarters with our neighbours through loud music, arguments, screaming children and general life noise without a break. We've been working from a kitchen table, holding conference calls from sofas, often while our partners are also working from home and the kids are being home-schooled reluctantly. But it's Fleur de Fraud, in her Hall, who really needs a holiday. People book vacations in stately homes, and she lives in one. That's why it's so galling.
I'm British too but even then I still don't get what all the fuss is about. I don't come from a particularly special background but I did get a scholarship to go to a boarding school for my sixth form years and there were loads of students who had homes like that (and a couple even had family castles up in Scotland in addition). I admit I did feel a bit out of place over there, but it's not like any one looked down on me for my background.

Again, I still don't condone the holiday, I just don't see what the general fuss is about regarding her home. Is she supposed to apologise for what she has? It's more important that she genuinely apologises for being irresponsible enough to travel in the midst of a global pandemic.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm British too but even then I still don't get what all the fuss is about. I don't come from a particularly special background but I did get a scholarship to go to a boarding school for my sixth form years and there were loads of students who had homes like that (and a couple even had family castles up in Scotland in addition). I admit I did feel a bit out of place over there, but it's not like any one looked down on me for my background.

Again, I still don't condone the holiday, I just don't see what the general fuss is about regarding her home. Is she supposed to apologise for what she has? It's more important that she genuinely apologises for being irresponsible enough to travel in the midst of a global pandemic.
Facepalm. How did you miss the (very clear) point so massively?

No one is asking her to apologise for what she has. People are sad she is so over-privileged with everything at her fingertips, and feels like she is owed a luxury holiday abroad. Whereas those with a lot less (but who can still afford a holiday, which seems baffling to Fleur) have stayed at home, often in small confined spaces, because it is the right thing to do and we don’t feel entitled like she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It was Mike’s childhood home. People have wondered why Mike’s parents left and why they moved in. People had said that Mike’s wasn’t well and the house was too much for them to take care of.

They lived on the property before in the “Cottage” building at the beginning of her YouTube days. I don’t remember when but she did go back to the “Cottage” in one of her blogs years ago and gave us a tour of what Mike’s sister had changed since she moved in. There is a ton about her house on the Gossip Bakery site including photos.

I loved her old home The Hemploe.

Reactions: 3
I don’t in any way agree with her going to Dubai but what annoys me more is the fact she lied about it all if she had just been honest like the rest of the uk influencers I don’t think it would have seemed as sneaky she doesnt have to show photos but pretending to be in the uk just implies she knows it’s wrong!! She’s clearly very bothered about her imagine as this miss do no wrong but unfortunately she’s just another selfish influencer!!

Reactions: 8

People are upset not because of her house but because she says she didn’t want to be insensitive and post about her holiday when there are people in Tier 4 and those who cannot afford to get away.

I think people are upset when she has a massive piece of land and tons of amenities at her disposal but comes off as hard done by.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She should have just told the truth; “I went because I felt like it, and I didn’t really care about anything else at that point. I thought I had done my part by clapping for our carers. I still do not really care, but I realise this doesn’t make me look good and that bothers me. And now if you’ll excuse me, I will go and look up the meaning of solidarity”.
Just picturing her clapping at the doorstep... on her 120 acre estate with no neighbours 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I also feel like fleur doesn’t care because she doesn’t wanna be an influencer anymore

Reactions: 6

Shes not to apologise, it’s great she has such a fantastic palatial home. What isn’t fine, is that all of that was not sufficient for her. She had to go to Dubai which is the centre of the world at the minute, it’s the place to be seen, everyone from celebs to a list people are there at the moment, it is like a British city for brits to go to who don’t want to muck in and stay in England to get through it together and not spread our new strain of covid about. She literally had all the land all the activities the best of facilities at home, and it wasn’t enough, she abandoned her country to go be ‘seen’. She could’ve gone anywhere else on the travel corridor list but it had to be Dubai.

Reactions: 11

But you wanted to know why others are so annoyed, so this is why. You can feel differently of course.

Reactions: 12
"Because as this pandemic has once again shown, people of a certain wealthy, privileged background think themselves to be above everyone else, thus think they have more right to do things they wouldnt want to see from the people they consider beneath them"

This comment above basically sums up why I'm pissed off at this. I had 3 holidays cancelled last year, one including Singapore that I was looking so forward to going to. I wasn't able to go on any of them and if we're being honest who knows when we realistically can go on holiday again. I could book and go on holiday if I wanted, I'm fortunate that this pandemic job and finance wise hasn't changed anything for me. That's a privilege and I understand it would be wrong but these wealthy folks and influencers aren't helping the situation at all. It's right they are called out for what they are doing wrong and as I said previously the only way to stop it would be to shut borders to all travellers for a short time which is what should have happened in march

• Heart
Reactions: 27

To add to my last reply, which I can no longer edit: I love that you attended a boarding school, presumably receiving a top-notch education that would open so many doors for you, mixing with the wealthy elite who own literal castles and yet... you don’t understand what, er, privilege, is? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I don't want to derail too much from the main topic, but what does everyone have against (not really the right word but hopefully people know what I mean) her background? I keep seeing her "privilege"/"wealth" being mentioned a lot so just wanted to know why it's a big deal.
Not to come across as angry and defensive. So please don’t take it like that. Her wealth and her background mean that a decision like this, to go to Dubai and live it up over a HORRIFIC time in UKs history (not to mention the world) will have ZERO effect on her pocket.
She is privileged with her wealth to make a decision like this.
A few thousand people will unfollow. But it will never hit her or her family in the pocket. YouTube is 1000000% a hobby for her. If it was gone tomorrow she should still be wealthy.
That is privilege.

Reactions: 27
Another point is that often stories of those who do not stick to the rules are portrayed as lower class people without education or just rebels who want to go a rave. You only see memes of people at Walmart going crazy over having to wear a mask, or young people partying. If anyone can find a meme of a wealthy upperclass person essentially doing the same thing, I’d love to see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
And as I recollect one of the first iterations of her justification said she didn’t want to upset people who “didn’t have the means” to travel.

We do. We aren’t. Because it’s a global pandemic.

100%
I wasn’t furloughed last year.
I managed to save lots of money
I STILL DIDN’T TRAVEL

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.