Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fine, so let’s say we all want to accept that she’s all of a sudden lost a few hundred brain cells (honestly as if she didn’t know what ‘midnight Boxing Day meant’ - it’s hardly algebra and if she was unsure - hi google!!).

What she has completely ignored is the deceitful aspect of this, the pre-recording of the what I got for Christmas video that went up on the 30th December? The chat at the end of it about how sad she was to have to cancel her trip? She straight up lied to her followers. Her job is based on trust and integrity. It just isn’t good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: 49
I think that’s a decent apology, to be fair. It doesn’t absolve her of her poor decision, but she has owned it more than plenty of other influencers who travelled.
It’s telling that she updated an existing post rather than post a new post. A new post would show on people’s feeds - alerting them to her wrong. Whereas people will only see her apology if they watch her stories or read here. If she was truly sorry for what she’s done she would have done a new post, she’s only sorry she got caught.

Reactions: 48
It's the entitlement for me.

I watched Fleur back in like 2012 and stopped because I couldn't relate to her at all. Fast forward to 2021, I am even more aghast that she is trying to weasel out of why she flew internationally in a pandemic when her home country has developed a brand new strain. Besides the fact that the travel guidance is dumb (why allow a test to be taken 72 hours before a flight, surely you can catch corona in-between then - it's not like corona goes, "oh well, she just took a test, won't infect her!), the idea that even if she or her husband got sick, they'd get the best care that money can buy so of course they aren't as worried about popping into their local A&E with the plebs.

Reactions: 31
It’s still kicking off over on her YouTube, new comments popping up even now.

I wonder if she’ll address it there? Someone has replied to a post saying that they “hope once she’s back from her jolly holiday that she addresses and doesn’t just come back all smiles with a sponsored post” 😂

Reactions: 21
All the comments about..'you've had a tough year' are ridiculous. My job puts me in contact with families were picking who eats a meal that day, families going in to their kids school to wash clothes and charge phones up, whose children were resorting to working with the local drug dealers so they could have a new pair of trainers- and they were like that prior to covid. Now it is much much worse.

They are in such a bubble of privilege and the people who comment that Fleur and Mike have had a tough year likely are too.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
She hasn't even posted it as a new post. What a cheeky tit! If anything she's just coming across as even more manipulative by trying to get around it.

Reactions: 30
lol she's just feigning innocence. it's all bullshit trying to save face because suckers will still justify it because it's ~legal~

i've know since bleeping february 2020 not to travel internationally, DESPITE what's legal / illegal.

i honestly just feel really sorry for you guys on here who haven't seen family, cancelled events, lost people. it's horrific, then you have privileged people like fleur just spitting in your faces. disgusting.

she's a rich, spoilt privileged brat who cares nothing for other people. eat the bleeping rich.

hope karma bites your privileged ass fleur. 🖕🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Didnt she have a miscarriage this year? Is that maybe what the commenters are referring to when they say she’s had a tough year?

Reactions: 4
Just edited the old post from 4/5 days ago. Not even a new insta post so most of her followers won't even see the "apology".

Reactions: 6
Her apology is better than nothing I guess but she completely ignores her What I got for Christmas video and how she was clearly deceptive there. We all know she's gone to Dubai but why if in her mind she wasn't breaking any laws and everyone else was doing it did she go out of her way to make it seem like she was in the UK. I also find it hard to believe that both her and Mike and other people they knew didn't realise that the tiers came into effect going into boxing day. For someone that supposedly spent all of 2020 in the UK and was very careful I'd like to know the thought process that made them think that travelling right now when restrictions were getting tighter would be OK.

Reactions: 26
Didnt she have a miscarriage this year? Is that maybe what the commenters are referring to when they say she’s had a tough year?
No one is denying that it has been a tough year. It's been rough for everyone and of course Fleur having to go through that is awful. What it doesn't do though, is give her carte blanche to behave immorally in the middle of a global pandemic.

She has a huge following and like it or not that comes with a responsibility. She's been the poster girl for 'sensible moral influencer' all year and she knows it, it has been deliberate on her part. To throw that back in everyones faces now with the trip but also the lies around it shows that all the chat about staying at home, not seeing people, taking the pandemic seriously was (at least in some part) for the camera.

Realistically what else has she covered up over the year? Who knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I think that’s a decent apology, to be fair. It doesn’t absolve her of her poor decision, but she has owned it more than plenty of other influencers who travelled.
Yeah but only because she made a big show before of caring about the restrictions and all that. Others didn't so their idiocy was expected, Fleur chose to act like she was super careful and knew all about what to do and what not. Until she suddenly didn't anymore, as per her newest apology.

The week before Christmas it was all over the news (surely in the UK too??) that no flights from the UK were allowed to land in most European countries in order to prevent another huge outbreak with the virus mutant coming in from the UK. Surely that alone must have told Fleur and anyone really that traveling from the UK should not be done?? Even if other countries still allowed it?? That's what I don't get. It wasn't just all about your different tiers. International traveling was just idiotic, it always was during this pandemic, but at the height of it and at a time when there were attempts to contain a new strain from spreading...? Unbelievable. That doesnt just go for Fleur obviously.

She's sorry she got caught, that's all.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Yeah but only because she made a big show before of caring about the restrictions and all that. Others didn't so their idiocy was expected, Fleur chose to act like she was super careful and knew all about what to do and what not. Until she suddenly didn't anymore, as per her newest apology.

The week before Christmas it was all over the news (surely in the UK too??) that no flights from the UK were allowed to land in most European countries in order to prevent another huge outbreak with the virus mutant coming in from the UK. Surely that alone must have told Fleur and anyone really that traveling from the UK should not be done?? Even if other countries still allowed it?? That's what I don't get. It wasn't just all about your different tiers. International traveling was just idiotic, it always was during this pandemic, but at the height of it and at a time when there were attempts to contain a new strain to spread...? Unbelievable. That doesnt just go for Fleur obviously.

Our PM told us we couldn't see family over 5 days over Christmas, it would only be 1 and if you were in a tier 4 area you couldn't see anyone outside your household. But clearly, Fleur thought it would still be OK to come into contact with hundreds more people, get on a plane and fly to a different country. She's downplaying the message we all got before Christmas - our Chief Medical Officer even said something like just because you can doesn't mean you should - how apt for what Fleur did.

Reactions: 31

The week before Christmas it was all over the news (surely in the UK too??) that no flights from the UK were allowed to land in most European countries in order to prevent another huge outbreak with the virus mutant coming in from the UK. Surely that alone must have told Fleur and anyone really that traveling from the UK should not be done?? Even if other countries still allowed it?? That's what I don't get. It wasn't just all about your different tiers. International traveling was just idiotic, it always was during this pandemic, but at the height of it and at a time when there were attempts to contain a new strain to spread...? Unbelievable. That doesnt just go for Fleur obviously.

Yep it was all over the news here. As early as 22nd Dec, more than 50 countries had banned UK arrivals and it got higher from there. To say on Dec 26th that you had no idea it was a bad decision to travel is either stupid or deceitful.

I love that she uses Love Islanders and Made In Chelsea reality stars as her inspiration to follow. Well if they do it and get national press, why shouldn't I?

Reactions: 21
Updating an old post rather than creating a new one is still super sneaky.

The people telling her it’s fine and she deserves a break piss me off sooooo much. If their child’s school teacher fucked off to Dubai instead of delivering online learning, they wouldn’t be saying that. If half the NHS staff said nah thanks we’re taking a break and jetted off to Dubai, they wouldn’t be saying that.

And sorry, but I don’t believe for a single second that she didn’t know she was going into tier 3 on Boxing Day. It was all over the news. And knowing you’re trying leave the country in the middle of a pandemic, that’s something you’d be keeping up with.

Reactions: 42
2020 was bloody awful. However, I said to myself when it all started that I wanted a clear conscious when this was all over. I've been so careful. Haven't even been to Devon and Cornwall to see family! Haven't left my borough in London, yet Fleur decided to fly to Dubai. No, nothing can excuse this. Its poor taste and a slap in the face. She has the most wonderful home, a husband, a daughter. What I wouldn't give for a home to stay put in like that.

Reactions: 33
And sorry, but I don’t believe for a single second that she didn’t know she was going into tier 3 on Boxing Day. It was all over the news. And knowing you’re trying leave the country in the middle of a pandemic, that’s something you’d be keeping up with.
100% and even if Fleur says oh I don't follow the news, Mike surely will as CEO of a big company. He will need to keep on top of all restrictions, how this impacts business, where his staff are etc. There is absolutely no way they didn't know about the restrictions, I am just not buying it.

Reactions: 30
I just feel like she's digging herself a deeper hole. They 100% knew that going away was wrong but thought they would do it anyway and try and get away with hiding it from her social media. Before Christmas, it was all over the news and social media how bad the virus was getting and travel has been restricted to essential purposes only for a while so her saying she didn't realise this until it was 'highlighted by some of you' is a load of crap. Her job involves a lot of travel so she of all people would understand the effects the virus has had on travel. The whole thing is an absolute tit show and The what I got for Christmas video is the cherry on the top. She knew going away was wrong and tried to cover it up by pretending she was home and pre recording a video was an easy way for her to do this. All of her apologies IMO have just been a load of bumbling rubbish, still trying to lie and cover up her tracks by going on about how they didn't understand the tiers. Yeah right.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.