Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus it’s very clear from Fleur’s vlogs over the years that Mike actually works hard and puts in a lot of hours, which is more than can be said for a lot of influencers’ partners!
That is true, I think Mike is a great guy! But very, very lucky 🍀

Reactions: 12
> "It is important to both Alison and I [...]"

Please correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't even grammatically correct, right? English isn't my first language but this specific mistake is nails on chalk board to me. Is this on some official site for their business? Embarrassing.
It should be I from my understanding; they are the subjects of that sentence.

Reactions: 11
But you wouldn't say: "It is important to I", you would say: "It is important to me." Does the english language have cases? Nominative, genitive, dative, accusative? This here is a dative, it is important to whom. The subject is actually "It" in that sentence, "Alison and [me]" is the (dative) object.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
So her real name is Fleur Bell then? Where does “De Force” come from?
I think Fleur De Force roughly translates to “Flower Power” in French. Fleur joined YouTube at a time when a lot of influencers had channel names or nicknames, instead of using their real names.

Reactions: 12
It's only 'I' if you can remove the other subject of the sentence and have it still make sense. 'It's incredibly important to I that...' doesn't make sense, so in this case you wouldn't use I.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's only 'I' if you can remove the other subject of the sentence and have it still make sense. 'It's incredibly important to I that...' doesn't make sense, so in this case you wouldn't use I.
We've definitely veered off topic but just wanted to say thank you for this! Great way of remembering.

Reactions: 5
Plus it’s very clear from Fleur’s vlogs over the years that Mike actually works hard and puts in a lot of hours, which is more than can be said for a lot of influencers’ partners!
Is this a joke? :ROFLMAO: It’s been the subject of endless conversation that Mike makes £££££ from the family business without really, apparently, doing very much at all.

Reactions: 2
I think it would be fair to say Mike wouldn't have that job if it weren't for #nepotism, and he might not be a natural CEO, but I think OP was meaning how at least you see him off to work early in the mornings etc, and sometimes it is insinuated that he works long hours... maybe

Reactions: 29
I think it would be fair to say Mike wouldn't have that job if it weren't for #nepotism, and he might not be a natural CEO, but I think OP was meaning how at least you see him off to work early in the mornings etc, and sometimes it is insinuated that he works long hours... maybe
Yup. I think he’d be a great employee regardless, he really strikes me as a good guy but the fact that he’s a CEO is 100% because of his family.

Reactions: 14
Hello everyone, new member here :)
Long time Fleur watcher :D

Just seen her hair video, she could have washed for God's sake - and it looks in all-around bad condition.

Reactions: 2
I like Fleur a lot. I think she’s very genuine. Like you can imagine how she is online is how she is in real life and she seems to be a great friend and a good person to hang around with. I also love the fact that she’s still so obsessed with her dogs after having river. The interest or love never waned and I love that she lets them up on the bed. For someone so wealthy she’s a lot more relatable than others who haven’t as much wealth but try to be something they’re not

Reactions: 25
Yeah exactly, he’s very often sat on his laptop in the background of Fleur’s vlogs, or leaving early for work in the mornings. I’m not saying he became CEO through sheer hard work obviously haha.

Reactions: 20
I like Mike he seems to be an absolute gent. My god the comfort they have. Imagine going to bed at night knowing you could have anything you want and will never want for anything. Ugh.

Reactions: 23
I must admit that I can’t see a problem with Mike being promoted to CEO of his own parents‘ business instead of a non-family member. If I were them and had a son (or other family member) who had worked in the trade all his (or her) working life, was obviously competent,hardworking and trustworthy then I would choose to promote them over a non-family member of equal competence, industriousness and trustworthiness due to their vested interest in maintaining the business for future generations of the family. His parents are obviously astute business people and I can’t see them having ‘handed over the reins‘ if he wasn’t. 😊

Reactions: 31
yeah I was only really joking, I mean in a family business it's quite reasonable, I am only saying that if he were to start at the bottom, in a non-family business, he probably wouldn't have made it to CEO

Reactions: 9
yeah I was only really joking, I mean in a family business it's quite reasonable, I am only saying that if he were to start at the bottom, in a non-family business, he probably wouldn't have made it to CEO
Exactly. The fact that it’s a family business is obviously an important part of the branding.

Is it a bit rubbish that some people get opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise by virtue of their birth? Of course. But Fleur and Mike aren’t snobby about their affluence like some and I do think Mike works hard and had a good work ethic.

Reactions: 16
I must admit that I can’t see a problem with Mike being promoted to CEO of his own parents‘ business instead of a non-family member. If I were them and had a son (or other family member) who had worked in the trade all his (or her) working life, was obviously competent,hardworking and trustworthy then I would choose to promote them over a non-family member of equal competence, industriousness and trustworthiness due to their vested interest in maintaining the business for future generations of the family. His parents are obviously astute business people and I can’t see them having ‘handed over the reins‘ if he wasn’t. 😊
I don't know see a problem with it either... It is really common with funeral homes that they are kept in the family. So how is this any different?

Reactions: 5
Sorry for the misunderstanding, Silentcritique..I totally agree with your point! 😊
Ps. Edited to correct spelling of poster’s name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.