Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So if any of you were wondering what medication enzobell sounds like perhaps it's the arthritis medication called enobrel?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
i think there is a time and a place for showing off your baby, but I don’t think à friends wedding is. A bit upstagy, if you ask me. Wouldn’t put it pas Fleur though !
Was exactly my point!

Reactions: 4
Well if I were to get married and my good friend just had a baby and felt up to it, I would be seriously so happy if she (and family) could make it to my wedding. If she felt good enough, I would be thrilled to see them. I think the mother knows what's best and if Fleur felt good enough, why not? I don't see the issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That baby looks safe! Why do people do such stupid stuff with their baby. The guidelines exist for a reason. They have dogs. Anything could happen why risk it????

I don't see the issue with the mother coming, just wouldn't want a baby not old enough to have had many vaccines out in a big group of people; it bugs me as a germaphobe. If her friend was fine with it, no big deal. I know if I ever got married I wouldn't want little babies there, not really a place for them really.

Reactions: 7
I don't see the issue with the mother coming, just wouldn't want a baby not old enough to have had many vaccines out in a big group of people; it bugs me as a germaphobe. If her friend was fine with it, no big deal. I know if I ever got married I wouldn't want little babies there, not really a place for them really.
No offence, but have you ever had a baby? You can’t keep them inside forever, in fact going out and mixing with the world is how they develop a good immune system. I took my 3 week old to a wedding and I resent the implication that this makes me a bad mother.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
No offence, but have you ever had a baby? You can’t keep them inside forever, in fact going out and mixing with the world is how they develop a good immune system. I took my 3 week old to a wedding and I resent the implication that this makes me a bad mother.
Like I said, I am a germaphobe. Was not saying that makes anyone a bad mother, just that I wouldn't do it personally. And I clearly said as long as her friend was ok with it, then it isn't a big deal. Just not my personal preference. But I also said I don't think weddings are really a place for small children either. If her friend is ok with kids at a wedding more power to them.

Not sure where you got the idea I was passing judgment on YOU :unsure: You do what is best for you and your family.

Just if it were me I wouldn't do it, that's all. I hope whatever you are dealing with that makes you think my casual comment was an attack on your gets better. Being a mom is hard hopefully you are taking sometime for yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Like I said, I am a germaphobe. Was not saying that makes anyone a bad mother, just that I wouldn't do it personally. And I clearly said as long as her friend was ok with it, then it isn't a big deal. Just not my personal preference. But I also said I don't think weddings are really a place for small children either. If her friend is ok with kids at a wedding more power to them.

Not sure where you got the idea I was passing judgment on YOU :unsure: You do what is best for you and your family.

Just if it were me I wouldn't do it, that's all. I hope whatever you are dealing with that makes you think my casual comment was an attack on your gets better. Being a mom is hard hopefully you are taking sometime for yourself.
Bit passive aggressive and crazy-making at the end there, as if the person posting must have something wrong with them to react negatively to ur flippant comment .....

Anyway, I think covid has made everyone a bit over the top when it comes to casting judgement on the actions of others. Obviously fleurs friend wanted and knew babies would be there, sure there is a photo of numerous infants. If a baby can upstage the bride, then the bride is doing something wrong. I don't know about ye, but I dont particularly care about other people's babies. So if I'm at a friend's wedding and a stranger has a baby there, I can guarantee i, and most others, havent given that baby a second thought, other than to think maybe "cute baby".

Reactions: 10
I don’t think babies should be at weddings 😃 I have a baby. I’d only take it, if it was invited. Which it probably was.
People take things to heart when we are here to discuss fleurs bad parenting of rooster not yours.

Reactions: 8
Wow River had such dark hair when she was born! Probably why Fleur waited to show pictures of her 😆 she was probably in a strop that she didn’t come out bright blonde 🤣

Reactions: 13
This thread always goes south so fast 😬
I blame Fleur :D

Edit: here's a blast from the past: a Vlogust video from 2012, and it's kind of fun because there's not just Fleur, but Ingrid, Tanya, Joey, all on a trip to Paris. SO weird seeing them all together and it really brings back those YouTube times

Vlogust 2012

Last edited:
I don’t admire fleur for much, but I do think she is a good friend (to her v v small circle of posh, mainly school friends). A week post birth I would not have felt like going to any wedding, even that of my best friend, and I didn’t even have a c section, which is supposedly worse, recovery wise. I do think she did well for going to lissie’s wedding, although the blurred baby face photo is bloody creepy!

Reactions: 9
I think it’s a reach to expect her to not go to her best friends wedding just because she has a baby. She isn’t chained to the stove now. Her friend clearly wanted her there, so no big deal. Outside is good for the immune system, it’s not like she took her to McDonalds 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’m sure she didn’t want to miss her best friend getting married but also River as a flower girl. I’d say it was just the ceremony she attended, totally doable if you’re feeling up to it.

Also, if you’re nursing you can’t actually leave your baby when they’re that little.
It’s not just a random friend or colleague getting married, I think she’s one of Fleur’s oldest and closest friends and River was the flower girl. There’s no evidence to show that she’s passing him around to random people or tossing him around on the dance floor. I’m all for calling her out when she does outrageous things but this isn’t it.
If it were me in Fleur’s shoes I would have attended with my newborn. You’re not a bad mother.

Reactions: 15
Bit passive aggressive and crazy-making at the end there, as if the person posting must have something wrong with them to react negatively to ur flippant comment .....

Anyway, I think covid has made everyone a bit over the top when it comes to casting judgement on the actions of others. Obviously fleurs friend wanted and knew babies would be there, sure there is a photo of numerous infants. If a baby can upstage the bride, then the bride is doing something wrong. I don't know about ye, but I dont particularly care about other people's babies. So if I'm at a friend's wedding and a stranger has a baby there, I can guarantee i, and most others, havent given that baby a second thought, other than to think maybe "cute baby".
I only said that bc the times where I've misconstrued comments people have made about others or them self (and was definitely not about me) but I took it that way I was having a bad day, overtired, over worked, or going through some tough stuff. Was trying to have some compassion for them. Didn't intend for it to come off passive aggressive. I deal with a lot of angry and hostile people at work I find having compassion for someone when they are upset goes a long way.

Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: 6

It just seems that all the people on this thread essentially calling Fleur out for taking her newborn outside/to a wedding, don’t really understand what having a newborn is like. If you’re implying that Fleur is a bad mother for doing that then it stands to reason that you’d think anybody else doing the same is also a bad mother. Now maybe that isn’t what you meant, but it came across that way.

As another poster said, nursing babies also need to be with their mother, so even if you feel comfortable leaving your baby so early (and I didn’t) then you can’t because they rely on you as their food source.

If you’re a germophobe then I feel that is your issue and not something to be projected onto others and judgement passed? Babies don’t have their first set of vaccinations until 8 weeks old, it is pretty unreasonable to expect them to stay closeted away for 2 months. And that is only the first set! They have more at 12 weeks, 16 weeks and 1 year. So which of those is classed as an acceptable time to take them out?

Finally to those saying that weddings are no place for babies, as long as the couple is cool with the baby being at a wedding then what is the issue? Newborns only really eat and sleep anyway, they are barely awake other than to feed for the first couple of weeks, so they don’t exactly cause any disruption.

Reactions: 10
I blame Fleur :D

Edit: here's a blast from the past: a Vlogust video from 2012, and it's kind of fun because there's not just Fleur, but Ingrid, Tanya, Joey, all on a trip to Paris. SO weird seeing them all together and it really brings back those YouTube times

Vlogust 2012
Bloody hell. I'd forgotten all about Joey. I wonder what happened to him?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.