Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
River was born around the 29th and so it could have been that 39 weeks would have been New Years and they probably avoid planned c-sections then if they can.

Reactions: 2
Following on from my earlier post though she did. say River was 10 days early. I wonder why she was an extra 2/3 before 39? Avaliability maybe?
Likely just because it was available, and likely because 2/3 days later was New Year’s Eve/Day, which not only has a bank holiday, but also fell on a weekend the year River was born (my niece was born NYE that year). A lot of hospitals don’t schedule c sections on weekends or bank holidays 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I feel kinda bad after seeing her post at her friend's wedding. I'm due 3 days after my mum's wedding and I've told her if he comes say a week or two early I won't be there, as I don't want such a young baby at a wedding. Now I'm wondering if I'm being a knob or if she's setting some unrealistic ideals about postpartum/newborns

Ok reading back after my post I may not be alone here 😅

Edit to add after reading through people's opinions on this. I don't think taking or not taking a newborn to a wedding defines whether you're a good or bad parent. I had a hard recovery with my daughter, as did she so in that situation again a wedding is the last thing I'd want to go to. I also have a lot of anxiety around pregnancy loss and newborn illness/death so perhaps why I'd not want to attend.
I would ask my mil or close friend to have the baby for a couple of hours just to pop in and congratulate the couple and maybe a few pics.

Reactions: 3
A couple of hours so young when breastfed would be tricky.
A lot of mothers have a stash of breast milk especially in the beginning, many women are engorged when their milk comes in but it has not had time to regulate to the baby’s need yet.
It can be beneficial to introduce a bottle because dad can take over a bit and give mom a break especially if there are many sleepless nights, but you’re right everyone has their own way and some may not agree I can just say what I would do.
Knowing Fleur she probably had someone in the background looking after the baby and she was just there for feeds.

A lot of mothers have a stash of breast milk especially in the beginning, many women are engorged when their milk comes in but it has not had time to regulate to the baby’s need yet.
It can be beneficial to introduce a bottle because dad can take over a bit and give mom a break especially if there are many sleepless nights, but you’re right everyone has their own way and some may not agree I can just say what I would do.
Knowing Fleur she probably had someone in the background looking after the baby and she was just there for feeds.

I do get all that. Just seems a week is very young for a bottle and easier to take him with her. It's also very young to leave them whether breastfeeding or not.

Reactions: 6
Without trying to turn this into mumsnet, it actually isn’t recommended to express or give a baby a bottle until atleast 6 weeks old. Expressing can cause an over supply, leading to engorgement, and is therefore not recommended until your supply levels out (usually around 6 weeks). Bottles also aren’t recommended until breastfeeding is well established.
I don’t believe Fleur is breastfeeding anyway as I’m sure she mentioned she wasn’t planning to in one of her videos.. she probably took the baby to the wedding as she wasn’t ready to leave him, which is understandable, and probably just went for part of the day. Weddings aren’t that strenuous so I’m sure she’d be fine.

Reactions: 13
Without trying to turn this into mumsnet, it actually isn’t recommended to express or give a baby a bottle until atleast 6 weeks old. Expressing can cause an over supply, leading to engorgement, and is therefore not recommended until your supply levels out (usually around 6 weeks). Bottles also aren’t recommended until breastfeeding is well established.
I don’t believe Fleur is breastfeeding anyway as I’m sure she mentioned she wasn’t planning to in one of her videos.. she probably took the baby to the wedding as she wasn’t ready to leave him, which is understandable, and probably just went for part of the day. Weddings aren’t that strenuous so I’m sure she’d be fine.

She did say she would be.

I know but who would take a newborn to a wedding with Covid spiking etc it’s like the better of two evils in this circumstance

Reactions: 4
She really needs to do something interesting as this wedding chat is getting stale, c'mon Fleur :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 19
Yeah but why would she do something interesting if she hasn't done so in years :D

I've just checked her channel, first time since she's back and wow, it's the exact same content she threw out there before she "left" YouTube. What was the point of her leaving again? And why has she come back?

Reactions: 8
Why does everything have to be in London? I am sure she could have registered the birth MUCH closer to home?

Why does everything have to be in London? I am sure she could have registered the birth MUCH closer to home?
I might be wrong but I think you have to register the birth in which County baby was born in... like i said I could be wrong 🙈

Reactions: 7
Maybe different in England but I'm in NI and had my baby in a different county and I was able to register the birth where I live. 🤷‍♀️

Anyone get the feeling she'd love to be a full on bougie mummy and interiors vlogger but can't to keep up the family image/hide the size of the manor?
Given the snippets she shares, I feel like she's dying to show her real life but knows it won't go down well in terms of perception and I suppose her in laws would have strong views, given Mike's position/family business.

Anyhoo, couldn't think of anything more relevant/recent to comment on, but I've been thinking this for a while...

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.