Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how River reacted to having a brother now. It's so different with each child. One of my friends already had a 2 y/o and when they had their second child last month their 2 y/o just started crying and screaming and didn't even want to look at her and their baby, just wanted to stay with her husband. Now it's all good he's getting used to it, but she said it was really difficult for him because he was afraid of the baby. Of course River is much older, but it's still a big change for those kids. I hope all goes well for all of them. I'm sure Fleur will only say she's immediately a wonderful big sister though.

Reactions: 4
I wonder how River reacted to having a brother now. It's so different with each child. One of my friends already had a 2 y/o and when they had their second child last month their 2 y/o just started crying and screaming and didn't even want to look at her and their baby, just wanted to stay with her husband. Now it's all good he's getting used to it, but she said it was really difficult for him because he was afraid of the baby. Of course River is much older, but it's still a big change for those kids. I hope all goes well for all of them. I'm sure Fleur will only say she's immediately a wonderful big sister though.
She might take to it very well though, it's a lot easier to prepare a child who understands what's happening, than a 2 year old for example. And maybe she is excited to be involved in tasks etc. Of course it will be a huge adjustment, but honestly River is old enough to maybe not be so put out

She must've had a very good recovery. I couldn't even walk properly for a couple of weeks after my c-section!

Reactions: 3
She might take to it very well though, it's a lot easier to prepare a child who understands what's happening, than a 2 year old for example. And maybe she is excited to be involved in tasks etc. Of course it will be a huge adjustment, but honestly River is old enough to maybe not be so put out
Yeah I truly hope all goes well. In that regard it's better that she's much older because they understand things better. For a 2 year old I can understand a baby can look a bit scary with the eyes closed and crying for example.
I hope River will be able to adjust well to not having all the attention for herself anymore, I'm not saying that in a way that I mean she's spoiled but it'll be pretty different when you parents suddenly have someone else to give attention to as well. Like I said, hope all goes well and that Fleur is having a good recovery as well.

I feel kinda bad after seeing her post at her friend's wedding. I'm due 3 days after my mum's wedding and I've told her if he comes say a week or two early I won't be there, as I don't want such a young baby at a wedding. Now I'm wondering if I'm being a knob or if she's setting some unrealistic ideals about postpartum/newborns

I don’t care if my mom was getting married, I’m not bringing a brand new baby to a wedding around that many people.
Ok reading back after my post I may not be alone here 😅

Edit to add after reading through people's opinions on this. I don't think taking or not taking a newborn to a wedding defines whether you're a good or bad parent. I had a hard recovery with my daughter, as did she so in that situation again a wedding is the last thing I'd want to go to. I also have a lot of anxiety around pregnancy loss and newborn illness/death so perhaps why I'd not want to attend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
She must've had a very good recovery. I couldn't even walk properly for a couple of weeks after my c-section!
She probably got decent pain relief, unlike with the NHS who slings you a couple of paracetamol and sends you on your merry way!

Reactions: 10
I feel kinda bad after seeing her post at her friend's wedding. I'm due 3 days after my mum's wedding and I've told her if he comes say a week or two early I won't be there, as I don't want such a young baby at a wedding. Now I'm wondering if I'm being a knob or if she's setting some unrealistic ideals about postpartum/newborns

It’s an individual choice and there is no right or wrong. You think you won’t feel up to going and that’s fine, Fleur felt like she could attend and that’s also fine. It’s completely personal. No two circumstances are the same

Reactions: 16
She probably got decent pain relief, unlike with the NHS who slings you a couple of paracetamol and sends you on your merry way!
I had a c section on 7-7 and was in the hospital for 2.5 days. Morphine for the first 24 hours or so and then paracetamol after that. I think I took it for 1 to 1.5 weeks after that, 4x a day. I didn’t have much pain, tbh.
But I definitely wouldn’t have been able to attend a wedding like Fleur did. I’m sure she wasn’t as tired as the rest of us as I’m sure the had a night nanny and other nannies. I’m in the NL and we get a baby nurse for 10 days after birth any even with that help I would have been too tired to attend a wedding

Reactions: 6
Yeah I truly hope all goes well. In that regard it's better that she's much older because they understand things better. For a 2 year old I can understand a baby can look a bit scary with the eyes closed and crying for example.
I hope River will be able to adjust well to not having all the attention for herself anymore, I'm not saying that in a way that I mean she's spoiled but it'll be pretty different when you parents suddenly have someone else to give attention to as well. Like I said, hope all goes well and that Fleur is having a good recovery as well.
Yea I imagine that is probably going to be the biggest adjustment, but hopefully fleur and Mike have put thought into ensuring she doesn't feel left out! Although with all the best intentions in the world they can't control her feelings!
It’s an individual choice and there is no right or wrong. You think you won’t feel up to going and that’s fine, Fleur felt like she could attend and that’s also fine. It’s completely personal. No two circumstances are the same
I agree! I felt amazing 1 week post partum and could have gone anywhere. 6 weeks later, not a hope!

I am quite weirded out that Tarn is pregnant. To me she is still ditsy Tanya from those vlogs 10 years ago! Whereas Fleur has always given me future "mummy to Tarquin and Petunia" vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She must have because after my section I was sent home less than 24hrs later with no pain relief, and only took paracetamol and ibuprofen at home. And I can honestly say I had no pain what so ever, which I was really pleasantly shocked about! Moments of uncomfortableness or itching etc yes, but no pain at all. Thought ‘oh this is great’ and got husband to drive to the park with baby and my 2 year old for a walk round the park 9 days postpartum. After about 10 mins I was hobbling and feeling it… came straight back home way too soon still. How she can be arsed with a wedding I don’t know!

Honestly some people recover ok, like I said I was back on my feet days after my section and I only had pain relief during the first few days in hospital. It wasn’t pleasant and I definitely pushed myself harder than I should, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility to go to a wedding. They actually encourage you to get up and around as it helps recovery.

So now she's taking a newborn baby into the cinema. This baby has a better social life than me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Well, after she had River she went on all those trips without her (I know we talked about this on GG) and I remember her explaining why in one of the lockdown vlogs. So this time around she wants to be as active as ever but takes the baby with her. If there were still as many sponsored influencer trips as before the pandemic I bet she'd go but she wouldn't leave the kids behind anymore. The only thing I believe coming from Fleur is that she appreciated motherhood more once the pandemic hit and she was forced to stay at home with River and Mike for a while.

Edit to add after reading through people's opinions on this. I don't think taking or not taking a newborn to a wedding defines whether you're a good or bad parent. I had a hard recovery with my daughter, as did she so in that situation again a wedding is the last thing I'd want to go to. I also have a lot of anxiety around pregnancy loss and newborn illness/death so perhaps why I'd not want to attend.

I just also want to clarify that I don’t think taking a newborn out anywhere makes someone a good or bad parent either. Every parent weighs the pros & cons & decides to do what they think is best.
I think my opinion of not bringing a brand new baby to a wedding comes from my own baby being born in December where there’s a lot more sickness to worry about.

She might not have been there for all of it, maybe she just went for the ceremony and hung around a bit afterwards rather than dance till late. And newborns generally still have protection via their mother’s immune system.

I do wonder what influence her best friend’s wedding had on her choice of section date though, as in “if I have it a couple of days earlier I’ll be more likely to go.”

She might not have been there for all of it, maybe she just went for the ceremony and hung around a bit afterwards rather than dance till late. And newborns generally still have protection via their mother’s immune system.

I do wonder what influence her best friend’s wedding had on her choice of section date though, as in “if I have it a couple of days earlier I’ll be more likely to go.”

She didn't have it early for a planned section though. 39 weeks exactly (as Felur was) is standard in a lot of NHS hospitals.

There may also be certain days of the week they do it on. The private hospital I knew of only did Sundays and I know NHS hospitals do set days too.

Reactions: 1
It of course depends on the individual child and how mature they are etc, but at 4.5 I would imagine she’s been absolutely fine adjusting, and is probably excited to have a sibling/real life doll 😆
She didn't have it early for a planned section though. 39 weeks exactly (as Felur was) is standard in a lot of NHS hospitals.

There may also be certain days of the week they do it on. The private hospital I knew of only did Sundays and I know NHS hospitals do set days too.
39 weeks is standard for a scheduled section. I also don’t believe she chose the date herself, as I don’t find it likely she would have chose the day before her birthday tbh!
When my consultant booked my section in he did ask me ‘is that date ok?’ Which I always thought was funny 😆 ‘no can’t do the Tuesday, got the dentist’ 🤣 but seriously I was like whatever is fine, I don’t want to be responsible for choosing their birthdate 😅

Following on from my earlier post though she did. say River was 10 days early. I wonder why she was an extra 2/3 before 39? Avaliability maybe?

Following on from my earlier post though she did. say River was 10 days early. I wonder why she was an extra 2/3 before 39? Avaliability maybe?
It could just have been a medical decision made by her doctor. If I remember correctly you have a last check up before you are due (at least when you go private) and if they think earlier is better they will push the c-section date forward. They sometimes choose to do so when there is not enough amniotic fluid for example.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.