Fleur De Force #7 Oh hey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she’s been to Paris
Fancy evenings out
Time away from her daughter

she really isn’t looking after her daughter and wants another to dump off
Stupid girl she needs a slap
misogynistic much?

Reactions: 39
So she’s been to Paris
Fancy evenings out

I don't care for her entitled attitude, but I think she seems like a good mom.

Reactions: 28
So she’s been to Paris
Fancy evenings out

You're talking absolute nonsense. Heaven forbid a mother might have a life or let her child spend some time with her father 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 42
River is almost 4, she doesn’t need Fleur every second of the day.
River is only 3. Even when my kids were older than that, I wouldn't have left them, even for an overnight stay, unless abolutely necessary. And let's not forget, she's been abandoning River since she was a few weeks' old

I don't care for her entitled attitude, but I think she seems like a good mom.
Really? I don't. I see her put her kid in front of the telly - a lot. I see her jet off on trips whenever she can. I'm sure River wants for nothing materially, but Fleur is too selfish and self-involved to be a good mother.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
true, but when my kids were 4 I wouldn't have left them, even for an overnight stay, unless abolutely necessary. And let's not forget, she's been abandoning River since she was a few weeks' old
Abandoning?! Seriously we need to stop this crap.
Fleur goes on work trips. While we might not agree on the importance or necessity of her “work”, to her it is work.
Staying by your kids side is a choice you’ve made in accordance with your lifestyle but it is not something everyone else should or can do. Are you saying Mike or any other parent is abandoning River /their child when they go on work trips?

• Heart
Reactions: 65
'Abandoning' lmao. Right, okay.

And you don't have to give up everything else in life as soon as you become a parent. I don't see the same criticism ever targeted towards men.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She’s clearly obsessed with River. It’s palpable how much she adores her. Fleur is a good mother and River is one lucky little girl to have such a fantastic upbringing. I wish they’d adopt me 🤗

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Oh bore off. I had a work conference last month and left my 3 year old overnight with his perfectly capable father. He also has sleepovers with his grandparents, for fun. Am I "abandoning" my child?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Funny we don't hear these comments when Mike goes off on his many golf trips.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
River is only 3. Even when my kids were older than that, I wouldn't have left them, even for an overnight stay, unless abolutely necessary. And let's not forget, she's been abandoning River since she was a few weeks' old

Really? I don't. I see her put her kid in front of the telly - a lot. I see her jet off on trips whenever she can. I'm sure River wants for nothing materially, but Fleur is too selfish and self-involved to be a good mother.
Jeez, you have some anger inside of you 🤣. Let it go, let it gooooooo

• Haha
  • Heart
Fleur is an absolute prick, but she appears to be a good mother.

Reactions: 14
Wow you guys are touchy! I'm sorry if it offends your woke sensitivities, but biologically yes, it is more important for the mother to be with her kids in the early years. Why do you think maternity leave is a thing, whereas very few men take paternity leave, and if they do, for a much shorter period of time?

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Wow you guys are touchy! I'm sorry if it offends your woke sensitivities, but biologically yes, it is more important for the mother to be with her kids in the early years. Why do you think maternity leave is a thing, whereas very few men take paternity leave, and if they do, for a much shorter period of time?
I think you need to go back to mumsnet … or 1950.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

Welcome to 2021, when disagreeing with someone's opinion is labelled woke.
Fleur seems to be a very good mother, despite her other flaws.

• Heart
Maternity leave isn't a thing once the child is THREE. Not even in Sweden. As for why very few men take paternity leave... hello patriarchy.

I'm all for criticizing Fleur for real things she's done but going on what, to her, is a work trip and letting her husband and father of her kid take care of said kid, along with a big staff of course, is in no way shape or form abandonment.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Maternity leave isn't a thing once the child is THREE. Not even in Sweden. As for why very few men take paternity leave... hello patriarchy.

I'm all for criticizing Fleur for real things she's done but going on what, to her, is a work trip and letting her husband and father of her kid take care of said kid, along with a big staff of course, is in no way shape or form abandonment.
Fleur has left River recently a bit more than I would eg 3 nights with Hannah but then I don’t have to travel for work & Fleur is very close to Hannah.
Once a child has a good bond with their parents, I doubt a few nights away makes any difference at app. Tbh I think some women struggle with how quickly children grow up & admitting that their children don’t need them as much as they’d like them to.

Reactions: 13
It’s important for children to learn that their parents will come back when they go again, and it helps develop secure attachments. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Fleur leaving River with family or the nanny or whoever while she works or goes to events. Being joined at the hip with your child day and night until they are 18 is unhealthy and absurd. I’d wager anyone saying anything other than that is just stirring and looking for a reaction tbh.

Reactions: 32
Please tell that to the many countries where maternity leave is definitely NOT a thing (and not just some poor third world countries- hello USA). Or the many countries where it not even covers 3 months? And who are those men that don’t take as much of their granted paternity leave when possible (because with the gender pay gab it’s often just not possible financially to give up on the higher income for long even with paid maternity)? If you don’t want to grab the chance to spend this time with your child, you maybe shouldn’t have fathered it (again- when possible, I know there are many good reasons to decide against it or longer leave in geverak for both even if wanted.) And what about the set ups where mum goes back to work early and it’s actually Daddy that stays at home? Or where the mother has a hell of a recovery and Dad is the primary care giver? Are all those millions of children screwed for life?

Fleur has left River definitely earlier and more then many parents are comfortable with for themselves. That’s definitely a fair point to discuss. But River seems as fine as the next child.

*Adding that taking more than the obligatory 2 month paternity leave here is definitely become more of a standard and more fathers have to explain why they think it’s not possible for them to take the granted time and support the mother and take care/patent their offspring.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m convinced that the accounts that appear once every so often and say something totally absurd are just trying to turn this back in to a rave thread

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m convinced that the accounts that appear once every so often and say something totally absurd are just trying to turn this back in to a rave thread
Interesting. This does seem to happen on Fleur's threads from time to time while I haven't seen it on the other 'influencer' threads I read. Wasn't there some ridiculous comment a while back that said something along the lines of Mike divorcing Fleur because she couldn't provide him with a male heir?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.