Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone actually watch "Monthly favourites aka Ad Ad Ad" any more?

Reactions: 7
Does anyone actually watch "Monthly favourites aka Ad Ad Ad" any more?
I watched it, I hate that I still like these kind of videos 🙈. I was surprised she uses a retinol - a big no no if you’re pregnant/TTC. Makes me wonder even more if they’re potentially having a break from trying naturally and possibly going for IVF later in the year.

Reactions: 4
I was surprised she uses a retinol - a big no no if you’re pregnant/TTC. Makes me wonder even more if they’re potentially having a break from trying naturally and possibly going for IVF later in the year.
As other posters have pointed out, she never stopped doing any of the things that people would obviously stop doing if they were TTC. So it wouldn’t surprise me if retinol is just another one on that list. That, or she doesn’t even use it but is being paid to flog it. Could go either way.

As other posters have pointed out, she never stopped doing any of the things that people would obviously stop doing if they were TTC. So it wouldn’t surprise me if retinol is just another one on that list. That, or she doesn’t even use it but is being paid to flog it. Could go either way.
I feel like retinol is a step further though to be fair. I’m TTC and have been for a long time, I will have the occasional coffee/alcoholic drink etc, but I wouldn’t use something known to cause birth defects.

I hope she has the second child they obviously desperately want, but her lifestyle choices confuse me at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Retinol has no impact when you’re TTC. You shouldn’t use it when you are pregnant. Honestly even then many derms have said they still used it when pregnant as topically it is extremely unlikely to reach your baby. Ingesting large amounts of vitamin A is what is known to be dangerous. I didn’t use retinol when pregnant as I would rather err on the side of caution, but I didn’t stop using it when TTC.

Also, plenty of people don’t know they’re pregnant and drink/smoke do all kinds of things and the baby turns out fine. Especially in the period of time it takes between conceiving and missing a period, anything you do is unlikely to have much impact as the baby is just a collection of cells at that point and isn’t actually taking any nutrition from the mother.

I think drinking alcohol/coffee and using retinol when TTC is fine personally 🤷🏻‍♀️. That said if I had been trying for a long time and had miscarriages I may try cutting it out to see if it helped but honestly; it can take YEARS to conceive and I can’t begrudge somebody a cup of coffee or a g&t occasionally...

Reactions: 26
Sorry but I can’t see Mike being disappointed that they had a girl! He clearly loves River and I agree that Fleur feeds her a good variety of foods.
it’s one thing to be cross at Fleur for travelling during the pandemic but to criticise her for not having a boy for Mike is just cruel.
Especially since it’s sperm that determine sex!

Reactions: 6
Tbh I doubt she is drinking coffee, gin & using retinol. I think she’s shared so much personal information with people already she won’t want people guessing she’s pregnant. I reckon she plans to say afterwards I did you to throw you off the scent guys.

Reactions: 4
Tbh I doubt she is drinking coffee, gin & using retinol. I think she’s shared so much personal information with people already she won’t want people guessing she’s pregnant. I reckon she plans to say afterwards I did you to throw you off the scent guys.
If so then she’s even stupider than I thought she was. I don’t think this is likely.

Reactions: 3
I thought she wasn't actually trying to have a baby at the moment? She mentioned not that long ago that she was having blood tests to monitor her thyroid problem and it would only be once that was stabilised that she could start trying as until then there would be too much of a risk that she would miscarry again. I remember that she was disappointed in the video because her most recent results weren't as good as she had been hoping for and she wasn't given the go-ahead to try getting pregnant at that point. Thyroid issues are complicated and can take a long time to sort out, so there's not much point in her changing her lifestyle right now.

Reactions: 2
Oh wow, didn't even know that was an option!
Back in the early days of YouTube, a lot of youtubers did this. I remember the pixiwoos doing this whenever Sam’s daughters were in the video.

Providing a male heir? Have we been thrown back to Henry VIII 's court?

I rewatched the sex reveal video (incorrectly titled "gender reveal") and whilst it is mentioned that Mike had a preference for a boy he never says or lets on that he's disappointed. He actually says he doesn't mind if it's a girl as long as she's healthy. It is very normal for men to want boys and women to want girls. When they reveal the sex of the baby, he just mentions he might have just grown a few more grey hairs, but out of worry. There is this common misconception (especially among men) that girls are more difficult growing up and that there's more to worry about and protect them from (unwanted pregnancies, etc.), and Mike's comments just reflect that.
When my brother found out they were going to have a girl, he had the exact same reaction. It was pure fear and worry. He is now absolutely besotted with my niece, just like Mike clearly is with River.

As for River's diet - we don't see her every meals and what little we see seems quite healthy and well balanced to me. On one of her last videos she is packing River's snack for nursery and it's hummus with veggie sticks, not sugar ridden cookies or other snacks.

sex reveal video (incorrectly titled "gender reveal")
The baby’s a girl, Fleur made a video announcing that it was going to be a girl..?

I don’t know where abouts you are in the world but I’ve never heard anyone in the UK refer to it as ‘sex reveal’ even if that’s technically incorrect, it’s just not really the way people speak 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Thyroid issues are complicated and can take a long time to sort out, so there's not much point in her changing her lifestyle right now.
Lifestyle issues affect thyroid, including all of the things she continues to consume.

The baby’s a girl, Fleur made a video announcing that it was going to be a girl..?

I don’t know where abouts you are in the world but I’ve never heard anyone in the UK refer to it as ‘sex reveal’ even if that’s technically incorrect, it’s just not really the way people speak 🤷🏼‍♀️
A sex reveal video sounds like a very different video.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A sex reveal video sounds like a very different video.
Yes, I can see why it sounds... Different 😅

However, in my opinion, gender is a social construct. What you see in a scan are genitals, and whilst they will probably dictate the way the baby is brought up (clothes, pronouns, etc.) and define them as boy or girl for their whole life or for their first few years, they do not equate gender.
River could very well identify as a boy as she grows up.
This is my view on the subject and I wrote my comment according to it and life experience. I understand it is a very much debated subject and opinions differ on it.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Or dear lord can we not go down this road. It was a gender reveal, it revealed the gender, River is a girl. Now let’s all move along.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.