Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her name (Fleur de Force) is a play on the phrase ‘tour de force’. In English it means feat or display of strength, skill, or ingenuity, or exceptional achievement. The literal translation of Fleur de Force in google translate isn’t the starting point although it works as well.
I think people need to stop saying this as Fleur has literally never said it’s a play on tour de force. She has said it was the “flower power” thing (ignoring whether it’s a correct translation, I don’t care, she’s obviously just used google). Honestly I think people assuming the tour de force thing and saying that’s what she’s giving a nod to is giving her far too much credit.

Reactions: 10
Her name (Fleur de Force) is a play on the phrase ‘tour de force’. In English it means feat or display of strength, skill, or ingenuity, or exceptional achievement. The literal translation of Fleur de Force in google translate isn’t the starting point although it works as well.
Yes, I also recall her explaining that in one of her videos.

If you want a literal translation of "fleur de force", it would be more in line with "flower of power".

Reactions: 6
Yes, I also recall her explaining that in one of her videos.

If you want a literal translation of "fleur de force", it would be more in line with "flower of power".
Thank you - I remember her explaining it as well. I think she has played it down since the early days to avoid it sounding like she’s bigging herself up. She’s quite savvy like that. The giveaway is her starting point was belle du jour, she was looking for a French phrase understood in English. (Why you would start with a phrase indicating prostitute is beyond me.)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
New thread title suggestion: Fleur de Bellend, Fleur East's not her friend

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ahhhhh I’m sorry, I’m not buying this whole ‘racism’ card on here, she’s just fuming someone has used her trademark name, perhaps not something she needed to voice publicly and I’m sure she’ll probably regret doing so but I don’t think it’s fair to pull racism into it

Reactions: 47
Right I don’t like Fleur at all anymore but I genuinely don’t think this is race-motivated for her. I think she would have done it no matter what race the person was.

What I DO think is that she wouldn’t have done it if she’d considered the other person to be more influential or of a higher class than her, someone with more power. Which is probably why she’s taking public issue with FE rather than the actual publisher of the headline. She’d only take such a stance against someone she considered herself to be better than.

Reactions: 32
Sorry created a new thread without seeing the latest drama 😆, probably need to wait a bit longer to get a thread name with that in it!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Right I don’t like Fleur at all anymore but I genuinely don’t think this is race-motivated for her. I think she would have done it no matter what race the person was.

What I DO think is that she wouldn’t have done it if she’d considered the other person to be more influential or of a higher class than her, someone with more power. Which is probably why she’s taking public issue with FE rather than the actual publisher of the headline. She’d only take such a stance against someone she considered herself to be better than.
I don't particularly think it was a race motivated move BUT if say it had been Zoella, or the Anna edit or even Emily Canham would she have tagged them with the text 'it's litterally my trademark" without tagging the magazine and then went and wrote 'oh hey' on their page, I highly doubt it.

So race will come into it, plus she hasn't exactly come out and said it's nothing to do with Fleur East. So the way it looks is that she sent hate to a woc on the day she landed a front cover magazine.

I don't think she is outright racist but she for sure look down on people and this time it happens to be FE.

Reactions: 25
Thank you so much @CinnamonBun !!

After actually seeing the comments she made, I would have to agree that it seems like pure jealousy and pettiness coming from FDF. I have second hand embarrassment seeing how she's handling this. Yikes.

Reactions: 21
Maybe this will draw attention to the fact that she was on yet another holiday during the pandemic. Classic smoke and mirrors, Fleurdeforce.

Reactions: 9
I’ve watched Fleur for the longest out of anyone I watch on YouTube and have followed her consistently for years but wow this year she’s making it really difficult to support her. Getting peeved at the use of your trademark is one thing - first world problems but whatever - but going after Fleur E who definitely didn’t have anything to do with it is bizarre and seems catty and is frankly a bit embarrassing

Reactions: 27
Fleur has the trademarks and easy access to lawyers. She just needed a bit of drama and attention instead of waiting until Monday to have her lawyers contact the magazine directly. It’s incredibly unprofessional to intentionally sick her stans on Fleur East 🙄 Very bitchy move

Reactions: 25
But the magazine effectively stole Fleur's trademark...is she supposed to ignore that because it happened to be used on a cover that featured a black woman? Would it have been OK for her to call out a white woman? I have a pretty good understanding of race relations as a close member of my family is mixed race and I've seen first-hand the racism she has, and continues, to experience. I still don't see how bringing race into this situation is relevant. It sounds like you're just looking for a reason for Fleur to be racist (I know some people were going for that angle a few pages back...it seems that Fleur simply existing as a white woman makes her racist). There are a LOT of issues with Fleur, but her defending her legally protected trademark isn't one of them.
i think bringing an allegation of racism into this is unhelpful. Fleur de Force has a legitimate point. I however think she should have remained professional & had her lawyers contact the magazine. We live in a world where calling people out on social media has been normalised.

I feel like some people are somehow desperate to paint Fleur as a racist for reasons which are beyond me.

She wouldnt have gone after a white artist like that, I can guarantee you that. And again, why do you think she didn't go after magazine that publicly?
You simply can’t guarantee that. There’s a difference between being bitchy & unprofessional, & a racist.

Reactions: 13
Personally I think FDF would have made the same comments if it had been a white women on the cover she thought beneath her. I think Fleur looks down on others but I don't know if she's racist.

Reactions: 9
God she really is an over privileged narcissistic tit isn’t she? Get a grip Fleur. There’s bigger issues than YOU going on in the world right now.

Reactions: 11
i think bringing an allegation of racism into this is unhelpful. Fleur de Force has a legitimate point. I however think she should have remained professional & had her lawyers contact the magazine. We live in a world where calling people out on social media has been normalised.

I feel like some people are somehow desperate to paint Fleur as a racist for reasons which are beyond me.

You simply can’t guarantee that. There’s a difference between being bitchy & unprofessional, & a racist.
And often, those things are combined in actions that we see. You simply can't guarantee that it's not.

Reactions: 5
i think you are unjustifiably appearing exasperated tbh.

There is once again no evidence whatsoever that any of Fleur’s behaviour is racially motivated. I wouldn’t label calling a person of colour out on socially media “thoughtlessly racist”. Something is either racially motivated or it isn’t. You could say before calling a person of colour out on social media it’s worth reflecting that it may cause them to be subject to racist abuse. But not doing so isn’t being “thoughtlessly racist”, its being straightforward thoughtless. You need intention to be racist it’s in the definition.

Again zero evidence that any of Fleur’s behaviour whether you agree with it or not was motivated by racism. I don’t agree with it btw. It’s highly unprofessional & bitchy.

A few pages back someone started the racism debate by saying something like Fleur is “probably a racist”. Another poster above said they could “guarantee” Fleur wouldn’t have done it to a white person. There is no evidence to support this.

In your post above you make an assertion about “many white people’ but appear to think that’s perfectly ok by qualifying it with “not all for God’s sake!.”

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.