Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can argue the use classes are too wide and/or the use doesn’t fall within what’s covered and so there’s no real infringement. There also needs to be a likelihood of confusion for there to be an infringement. Are people really going to be confused when it’s an article about Fleur East? I don’t think so. You could easily argue that there’s been no infringement here.

Having a trademark isn’t a blanket ban on anyone using the word/phrase in any context, anywhere, ever again, which some here seem to be suggesting.

Reactions: 12
You can argue the use classes are too wide and/or the use doesn’t fall within what’s covered and so there’s no real infringement. There also needs to be a likelihood of confusion for there to be an infringement. Are people really going to be confused when it’s an article about Fleur East? I don’t think so. You could easily argue that there’s been no infringement here.

Having a trademark isn’t a blanket ban on anyone using the word/phrase in any context, anywhere, ever again, which some here seem to be suggesting.
I agree. She’s just a massive witch that needs a bit of drama and is using her stans to get it. The people commenting defending Fleur on Fleur East’s post have problems.

Reactions: 14
I agree. She’s just a massive witch that needs a bit of drama and is using her stans to get it. The people commenting defending Fleur on Fleur East’s post have problems.
I know, I’m actually surprised she still has stans these days who are willing to publicly defend her!

You can just imagine the Bell’s round the dinner table with Princess Fleur complaining that a magazine article about a pop star used her trademarked words #firstworldproblems

Reactions: 9
Even if there was just the "normal" amount of real issues in the world at the moment it would be tone deaf.

Fabulous is just the magazine bundled in the sun isn't it? That issue is mostly in the bin by now anyway!

She may own the trademark but it's just a text on a cover. Mrs hinch owns Mrs hinch for similar classes but it's certainly not infringing her trademark when articles have the headlines like "the next Mrs hinch". She's hardly launching a range of products called Fleur De Force 🤦‍♀️

Fleur has lost out on this, but only because of her actions and more people will wake up to who she really is.

Reactions: 17
At one point Fleur passed Mike a baby doll cot and he said “I don’t want to smell it.”

Some people have no choice to buy secondhand Mike, you first-rate snob.

Well worth rewatching this vlog for the faces he pulls at they sight of *shudder* secondhand toys.

View attachment 710346
Let’s not forget that it was a paid partnership for her to shop there. So she had to buy something and they were all out of vintage Chanel 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Fleur De Force deleted her comments on Fleur easts grid and the stories before they expired?

I saw the comments this morning, seem to have gone now.

Reactions: 2
She mustn’t have thought the backlash was worth it. Had a look on social blade to see if her followers had gone up. Lol. Apart from
The 250 boost she gave herself recently, it’s a reliable decline.
59D54CD6-FEF6-4EF0-868B-A761D1F7D945.png

• Haha
As someone else said. Had it been Taylor Swift (not poss due to name but anyway) there is NO way would behave like this!

Reactions: 3
I think she's earnt a wiki.

Added two quick sections on the sneaky Dubai holiday and trademark. Please do edit and add

Reactions: 15
Fleur De Force deleted her comments on Fleur easts grid and the stories before they expired?

I saw the comments this morning, seem to have gone now.

Her 'oh hey' comment on Fleur East's IG is still there. I think that's the only comment she left. Her minions are still attacking Fleur East on IG. This is exactly what FDF wanted to happen, of course.

I'm not sure if she deleted her stories before they expired - or if they just expired after 24 hours. I don't know what time she posted yesterday.

Her 'oh hey' comment on Fleur East's IG is still there. I think that's the only comment she left. Her minions are still attacking Fleur East on IG. This is exactly what FDF wanted to happen, of course.

I'm not sure if she deleted her stories before they expired - or if they just expired after 24 hours. I don't know what time she posted yesterday.
Ah thanks, an IG thing that it's gone for me o_O. Wish they wouldn't do that!

Reactions: 2
Either way I’ve always thought it was a stupid-sounding trademark, but she must think she’s so clever right now.

She deleted her stories so there's no trace of her sending her minions after Fleur East. Because that's what they're doing, there are dozens and dozens of comments, accusing HER of copyright violations and demanding an apology. And Fleur East has to deal with all of this after she tried celebrating getting a cover story.

Fleur dF may not be raging racist but she's definitely an asshole who handled this whole situation in the completely wrong way. But she got what she wanted, which was making Fleur East pay for the magazine's crime of not being aware of HRH Fleur de Force.

Reactions: 11
She deleted her stories so there's no trace of her sending her minions after Fleur East. Because that's what they're doing, there are dozens and dozens of comments, accusing HER of copyright violations and demanding an apology. And Fleur East has to deal with all of this after she tried celebrating getting a cover story.

Fleur dF may not be raging racist but she's definitely an asshole who handled this whole situation in the completely wrong way. But she got what she wanted, which was making Fleur East pay for the magazine's crime of not being aware of HRH Fleur de Force.
Yeah, she is a raging asshole. No doubt about that!

OK I get that fleur de force is not a literal French translation for 'flower power' but is it slang for flower power? Genuine question. When I put fleur de force into Google translate it translates as 'flower power' and I always thought that's where Fleur got the name.

Fleur has trademarked the term 'Fleur De Force,' sure, but if it's a French translation then how exactly can she have a problem with a magazine using the words? As Fleur East said, you can't trademark a language. Of course, it's a different story if another YouTuber comes on the scene and calls herself 'Fleur De Force.' I can see how she'd have a problem with that!

Anyway, it seems as though even Fleur herself can't get the story behind her name right. Somebody upthread said Fleur picked the name as a play on 'tour de force.' No mention of that here. Chances are she saw 'FDF' somewhere and 'stole' it for herself. Ha! Also, loving how Fleur's mission statement is to 'stay honest.' Hows's that going for ya, Dubai-gate?

View attachment 714328

Hi All, I don't comment much but thought it was my time to shine. I'm french and I can confirm that Fleur de Force does NOT mean Flower power.
If anything it means nothing....
Flower Power would be " Le Pouvoir des Fleurs" :)

Reactions: 19
God this woman has no integrity. Being a hypocrite about showing her child on camera, lying about going to Dubai of all places at the height of the pandemic, and now sending her followers after a back woman who probably had nothing to do with the actually tit copy editing. It's embarrassing. Just go any enjoy your mansion and stop making a fool of yourself.

Reactions: 18
If someone told me to buy a dress that didn't fit me, I'd question their motives. Let's face it, she wanted the dress so she bought it.

Reactions: 16
Why did anyone tell her to buy this dress... I don’t like it on her. I feel like she looks grumpy in it.
1. It's hideous :sick:
2. She could have spent five seconds tidying up the dressing room she's wrecked :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.