Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
5 ft 4 isn't short. It's the average height of women in Britain.
I'm 5 foot 4 and I consider myself short for a couple of reasons: firstly, it's hard to buy clothes that fit me properly - most stuff is cut for a woman 3 inches taller than me, but obviously I'm too tall for petites. Secondly, people (especially men) comment on my height 🙄
So although 5 foot 4 is average, it's still considered "short" by lots of people.

Reactions: 3
I'm 5 foot 4 and I consider myself short for a couple of reasons: firstly, it's hard to buy clothes that fit me properly - most stuff is cut for a woman 3 inches taller than me, but obviously I'm too tall for petites. Secondly, people (especially men) comment on my height 🙄
So although 5 foot 4 is average, it's still considered "short" by lots of people.
That's strange. I'm 5 foot 4 and have never considered myself short and no-one ever tells me that I am. I don't have a problem with clothes either.

I'm pretty sure that's one of those websites that notoriously just makes up stuff though, I'm pretty sure she's said she's around 5ft 4 before

She is 5'3, she says it in a video about sustainable haul from Farfetch. I was e never taught imperials, so that's 160 cm to me.

Reactions: 6
She said she was 5’4 in another video too but looked shorter than Ingrid, who says she’s 5’3. Whatever she is, though, I know she finds fashion inspiration from much taller bloggers, so it never looks quite right on her.

It's kind of just all you see in photos. This big, heavy pair of curtains full of expensive highlights trailing down over her shoulders.

I have curly, thick hair and I chopped it off into a blunt bob during lockdown because who wants to be endlessly drying, tonging, deep conditioning and colouring a massive mop at the moment.

Reactions: 9
Write that in her comments, she'll either delete it or everyone would attack you, saying she has a beautiful hair and why would she do it.

I have a really thick hair as well, and I've cut it from her length to a bob two weeks ago. Just the mere process of washing it, so much easier

Reactions: 4
Okay but let’s talk about the very important subject of her curtains (lol). Am I missing something? Is it fashionable to have your curtains a foot too long and bunched up all over the floor? It looks awful in my opinion. In her stories she kept talking about how she likes them like that, and to each their own, but I do not get it.
It’s called a puddle when the curtains hit the floor and it is fashionable and is also a look a favour TBH.

Dude, she must be really in love with herself if she didn't get bored of that same old style already.
Her mum and sister are also blonde, is that a status symbol in their circle (proud brunette asking)
I think it could well be. When I was growing up it was very much the done thing for the private school girls in my town to have this slightly messy looking loooooong head of thick blonde hair. Perhaps status symbol in a way, especially when you’re younger in a ‘my mum takes me to get £100 highlights’ type of way..

For those from the UK, Fleur absolutely fits into the archetypal 2010s jack wills / Land Rover / springer spaniel crowd, and for a lot of that crowd the style doesn’t really change and the hair/clothes etc remain the same well into people’s 30s.

Of course with Fleur you’ve got the added aspect of her edgy / rock vibe she tries to create, and I don’t really know what she’s going for here. Is it to distance herself from the country/posh crowd? Is it to look like her style has actually developed over the years?

To me, style is about telling the world something through the way you dress, and expressing yourself, but I can’t really work out what she’s trying to tell us with the whole edgy thing ..

Reactions: 19
I think so too. The problem in this case isn't Fleur, it's the system that promotes class hierarchie, social division etc. In Germany, private unis are very looked down upon except maybe 1 or 2 (but couldn't name them) and graduates are seen as someone with no academic skill whose parents bought them their degree.
I’m in the Netherlands, and we only hardly have private schools here too. Usually only for rich kids who failed in the regular system and need to pass their exams in a more controlled setting. It’s expensive, but not as expensive as private (or public really) schools in the UK.

This is not like the situation in the UK at all. The private schools system there does often help you in better opportunities for university and the future.

There are lots more differences between the Germans/Dutch school systems that make it hard to compare to the UK, but let’s just say, any opinion you may have on private schools in Germany does not apply in the UK.

Reactions: 8
Those differences are fascinating. Where I am from, private schools and colleges are also looked down upon and are mostly reserved for dropouts or someone who needs a degree without trying (think Community sitcom) or for kids of really rich parents (which then often times fail to qualify for a place at public universities).

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.