Fleur De Force #10 This one should see us through til 2030

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been watching her lock down blogs too as I never saw them first time around but mostly to see the nanny that people said appeared hidden but I haven’t yet! ?’

idont Think the blogs show too much that we haven’t seen. I also think she loses Mike because the floor plan of an old house like that is hallways and all separate rooms. No open plan living so it would be easy to lose people. As nice as it is I would not want to live in an old place like that. It creeps me out a bit! Although it’s very Austen and Brontë so that part of me is jealous!
Her wardrobe room is a dressing room. She’s called it that before. It’s a room with like four wardrobes and seats in the middle. I don’t think it’s a big deal to be honest. Anyone with a big house has a dressing room these days in new builds.
what surprises me is that they haven’t modernised the living areas they just look like old sitting rooms. She’s done a few bedrooms and the kitchen and the outside seems to have a new pizza oven that they must have gotten put in. But if I had her money and time I would be spending it renovating that house.

Reactions: 7
I’ve been watching her lock down blogs too as I never saw them first time around but mostly to see the nanny that people said appeared hidden but I haven’t yet! ?’

idont Think the blogs show too much that we haven’t seen. I also think she loses Mike because the floor plan of an old house like that is hallways and all separate rooms. No open plan living so it would be easy to lose people. As nice as it is I would not want to live in an old place like that. It creeps me out a bit! Although it’s very Austen and Brontë so that part of me is jealous!
Her wardrobe room is a dressing room. She’s called it that before. It’s a room with like four wardrobes and seats in the middle. I don’t think it’s a big deal to be honest. Anyone with a big house has a dressing room these days in new builds.
what surprises me is that they haven’t modernised the living areas they just look like old sitting rooms. She’s done a few bedrooms and the kitchen and the outside seems to have a new pizza oven that they must have gotten put in. But if I had her money and time I would be spending it renovating that house.
There are aerial shots of their house online, it’s absolutely massive. It’s not just that she has a dressing room or just a bigger than average house, it’s another league.
Imagine having a cinema room like that in your house beside the boot room which leads to the stables.
I think while (as have been heavily debated here) she might not be strictly “old money” she has some old money habits & it quite cautious spending big money so maybe that’s why they haven’t done a massive renovation. I imagine that house is an insulation nightmare but they never seem to mention the cold or wear tons of clothes so they’ve either insulated it or are blasting the heat. Also, when you look at how massive the house is with all the bits built on it’d be hard to know where to start!

I much prefer her taste in this house than when she was younger, it’s less stars etc and more in keeping with the house.

I’ve never spotted the nanny!

Reactions: 9
Fleur mentioned the nanny, she never showed her. And obviously she wouldn’t call her the nanny, she referred to her as „the woman who sometimes looks after River“, in a vlog where her and Mike were off on their own :) I think people with money like that have all kinds of help. Now that’s the one thing I’d do too if I had their (or any kind of) money 😁

Reactions: 9
There are aerial shots of their house online, it’s absolutely massive. It’s not just that she has a dressing room or just a bigger than average house, it’s another league.
Imagine having a cinema room like that in your house beside the boot room which leads to the stables.
I think while (as have been heavily debated here) she might not be strictly “old money” she has some old money habits & it quite cautious spending big money so maybe that’s why they haven’t done a massive renovation. I imagine that house is an insulation nightmare but they never seem to mention the cold or wear tons of clothes so they’ve either insulated it or are blasting the heat. Also, when you look at how massive the house is with all the bits built on it’d be hard to know where to start!

I much prefer her taste in this house than when she was younger, it’s less stars etc and more in keeping with the house.

I’ve never spotted the nanny!
There were a few times during a vlogmas that Mike was wearing a coat and hat indoors. I think it’s really cold in that house and I imagine that they don’t use a lot of the rooms. Gorgeous hall though, very jealous.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I follow her on Vinted and she definitely uploaded some stuff but nowhere near as much stuff as she's getting rid of there

Reactions: 3
I think she said she’s doing Vinted in tranches because of the amount so expect more uploads.

New vlog - spotted another bedroom in the mansion! Beside her as she’s on the landing.

Lovely Mother’s Day out - the luxe life!

Reactions: 3
I was surprised when she showed River speaking to Mike on her stories the other day that she doesn’t sound posh at all!

Reactions: 2
Looking at her Vinted uploads. I do admire Fleur for sticking to her own style rather than going with the ubiquitous fake Scandi beige sacks that are all the rage with influencers, but… boy, some of her things are ugly!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know it’s just a saying, but „escape“ from what exactly? Your house with more rooms than you can count? The tennis courts, park and pool that surround said house?
IMG_2393.jpeg

Another attempt at coming across as relatable to her followers who are working mums:
IMG_2394.jpeg

I don’t know. This coming from a woman who grew up in wealth and married into more wealth, who works not because she has to but because she‘d be bored otherwise, somehow seems weird.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
They don't seem to take advantage of their estate to be honest. At most they just walk around the gardens. They have a pool but she's only shown it like once. Didn't know they have a tennis court as well, she never shows that nor even imply that they play regularly. The most she shows is the vegetable garden which is nice and with actual practical use rather than pure luxury even though they have a gardener that tends to that.

Reactions: 2
They don't seem to take advantage of their estate to be honest. At most they just walk around the gardens. They have a pool but she's only shown it like once. Didn't know they have a tennis court as well, she never shows that nor even imply that they play regularly. The most she shows is the vegetable garden which is nice and with actual practical use rather than pure luxury even though they have a gardener that tends to that.
I think she does not show their wealth as much because she does not want the online attention, eventhough it's very obvious they are proper rich.

Reactions: 7
Yeah she’s always shown part of her wealth, not all of it. It’s a bit like how she never used to show all her birthday presents, just a „selection“ (which was already quite big and expensive).
I remember two things about their „forever home“; one was when she showed herself and a friend have brunch (or barbecue) by their lake. People in the comments were like „wow, didn’t know you had an entire lake and boat come with that house“, while others hilariously said „don’t be silly, this is not where she lives“ 😂.
And then there was a birthday vlog where one of her friends took over vlogging during the party and suddenly showed parts of the house Fleur had never filmed or talked about. That house was huge and had a massive garden too with that lake.
I do get it in a way though. Her YouTube job meant that in the beginning she had to cater to a wide range of people, so that’s when she began talking about saving up for things, or promoting drugstore skincare despite only using the most expensive products herself (as shown in skincare routines at the time). But if you paid attention you could always see that she came from wealth and didn’t know anything else.

Reactions: 4
I'd forgotten that the old house was meant to be her "forever home". I just went back and looked at the old listing for it. I have to admit I actually far prefer it to where she is now. It just has a nicer and more homely feel to it. It's big, but not stupidly so and it was always obvious that she loved it. I did cringe when I saw that wall of clocks that Fleur did in the kitchen though. :D
I always felt like her videos really changed once she moved.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't think she hid her wealth out of any kind of modesty, she did it because that was how you got ahead on YouTube back then. It was all Boots/Superdrug/Primark hauls, dupes of high end products and relatively home spun content. The whole landscape has changed and extravagance and showy wealth are what gets the clicks now so she's flashing it about a bit more. You never got these faux "lady of the manor" types back (not any that got super successful anyway) when Fleur et al were getting huge

Reactions: 4