Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm :unsure:
They have posted on their bakery page about why they charge the prices they charge for celebration cakes, coincidence or are they still coming on here for a snoop?

Reactions: 2
I always expected the balls to be cake balls or hollow chocolate balls not just polystyrene

Reactions: 4
These OTT cakes are not worth it imo. M&S cake £12 bosh job done.

As someone who has made and sold cakes I struggle to see that pricing. More fool them if they pay £16 for a cake topper, equally I don’t know any baker than pays £3.50 for a board and box, I do believe some of that is exaggerated.

Reactions: 7
I certainly would NOT be spending that much on a cake. The profit margins must be big have you seen the size of their houses 🥲

Reactions: 3
You wouldn't mind paying more if the ingredients used represented the price and that they weren't dry as duck. Also surely there's no way they pay that much for a board. Like the above poster states. The size of their houses says otherwise lol

I certainly would NOT be spending that much on a cake. The profit margins must be big have you seen the size of their houses 🥲
They have bought a shop and a flat, renovated the flat, both bought bloody big houses and kitted them out with expensive Instagram influencer looking tat and they are trying to say they don’t make much profit it’s laughable, I also think that list of prices is crazy; they will buy wholesale for starters and If a cake is dry and over sweet I would not pay that for it.

I LOVE that they added ‘skill’ into their list with the costs 🤣🤣 they are probably the least skilful professional cakes I’ve ever seen? Skill would be fondant, shaped cakes, characters etc, not every single cake covered in buttercream with some chocolate dropped down the sides 🤣🤣 I am local and LouLous is one of their main competitors, and they charged me £80 for an 8” cake so the same size as their post, yet it included fondant characters and meringue too, and tbh that was on the expensive side for me because there are other places locally that are more around the £60 mark, so really don’t know where they get that their £116 is competitive because it’s hella expensive!! Also £16 for a cake topper!!!! 😳

I LOVE that they added ‘skill’ into their list with the costs 🤣🤣 they are probably the least skilful professional cakes I’ve ever seen? Skill would be fondant, shaped cakes, characters etc, not every single cake covered in buttercream with some chocolate dropped down the sides 🤣🤣 I am local and LouLous is one of their main competitors, and they charged me £80 for an 8” cake so the same size as their post, yet it included fondant characters and meringue too, and tbh that was on the expensive side for me because there are other places locally that are more around the £60 mark, so really don’t know where they get that their £116 is competitive because it’s hella expensive!! Also £16 for a cake topper!!!! 😳
Agreed! They don’t exactly ever build up their skills, all their cakes look the same just a different colour. Cheap melted spread for the drip affect, buttercream, a dry sponge and loads of sweet crap on top to take away from the fact they can’t do anything else. Imagine the dissapointment in booking a cake from them for a celebration and paying that much for a probably week old frozen cake :oops:

And that the balls are covered polystyrene ones aswell!! And not actually edible ones 😳

Reactions: 2
To be fair most cake makers use polystyrene balls for these but the dripping some chocolate spread down side of a cake and dipping polystyrene in chocolate is not a skill

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.