Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jenlouise85

Anyone else think they've never made a giant cookie in their life before the book now they're selling their hints and tips? same with macarons couldn't make them for shit, bought them from lou lous now they've had a practice and they're in the book 🙄 i suppose they had to fill the pages with stuff other than marg buttercream and dry sponge

Reactions: 14

Jenlouise85

Seems to be a few fuck ups in their book firstly no carrots in the carrot cake recipe now telling everybody to use butter throughout the book instead of marg and butter 🤔 which is a bit rich coming from them who use marg for buttercream

• Haha
  • Wow

Yorkshirewife

VIP Member
Someone commented on the aldi/M&S post about M&S copying cake jars... I literally did a cake jar in 2012. Do they and other deluded people truly believe finch invented cake jars!? It actually baffles me they believe they did 😂😂😂

• Haha

Jenlouise85

Anyone seen tessas post about her passport 7 weeks ago ordering and not got anything back yet she thought she'd risk it even though they advise 10 weeks 🙄 asking if there's anyone from the passport office that can help her... I like tessa but join the queue of people in the same boat hun 🤷‍♀️

jackolantern

VIP Member
Agreed tho I think isabakes are probs fresher than George's bakes whose are like a week old by the time they go through your letterbox lol 🤣 he just sees pound signs him. I couldn't buy something on a Sunday night he had started making a week prior 🤮
George does my fucking tits in "OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG" shut the fuck up man, his cakes look as dry as sawdust too. Atleast Finch make things you'd actually want to eat, I've always thought their stuff looks too sweet and stork flavoured for my liking but compared to George's 7kg of sugar per bite, they look savoury in comparison!

• Haha

Rxt156

VIP Member
The whole wedding thing is annoying. You still have to do your job properly even if you’re getting married soz huns 😌

• Haha

erm98

Welcome Finch Lovers you are clearly on the wrong thread :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I don’t care whether I sound fun or not, I know that my child is happy, healthy and sleep soundly at night knowing I’m looking after her.

You could have the strongest support network in the world just because they know the people doesn’t mean they ain’t dumping the kids on them.

I wouldn’t take any issue with them having holidays just because you’re a parent doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy life; more the fact that they don’t ever seem to spend time with the kids doing anything and when they do it seems more like an Instagram photo op at every opportunity just to prove they do in fact do stuff with the kids. Between the amount of people siding with them on here that are new members and the Instagram farm photo shoot yesterday me thinks the terrible “twons” are still reading this and taking it very personally:ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Isabel gets queues outside her shop, yet I haven’t seen a queue outside finch for years, and I drive past them multiple times a week. Their popularity definitely isn’t what it used to be. They made a big mistake imo by sharing so much personal things on their business account, it’s turned a lot of people against them, and highlighted how unlikable they are. Occasional photos of their kids/wedding etc would have been fine, but constant 10 story long posts about partying/holidays/eyebrows/fb statuses/screenshots of messages/knowing they were 5 days pregnant/their friends/expensive shite they buy/being bitchy/their kids upset or hitting eachother… the list is absolutely endless. Really will never understand why they didn’t just keep their personal accounts public and leave their business page as… business 🤷‍♀️

jackolantern

VIP Member
I think not being vaccinated then throwing a party for your child inviting many more children and adults is irresponsible tbh. Fine, don't vaccinate, your choice, but don't put yourself or other people at risk either. Why on earth haven't they been vaccinated by now!?!
Because they might not want to? End of story really, their choice. I'm sure all the people close to them are aware of that and could come to their own decisions about whether or not they were comfortable attending the party. If they are vaccinated, they shouldn't need to worry anyway saying as that's how it's supposed to work!

When did the Finch thread merge with the rona ones 💀 😭 😂

HAB88

Little dig about them not being professional but everyone loving the Aldi caterpillar cake bants...

Well do or say something that is actually funny and we will laugh. Not just 'inside jokes' and stupid comments that only you two guffaw at.

F the dust.

VIP Member
this definitely could be the reason too - the timings they gave left me with a still very uncooked cake for the size (they say 8inch and specify amount of batter so it’s not that I used the wrong pan/amount!)

making a wedding cake soon (not using their recipe 😂) so if anyone has any tips/recipes - I clearly need all the help I can get 🤦🏻‍♀️
For vanilla sponge I use the egg method. So I get 3 6 inch cakes out of this. Whatever the eggs weigh together in their shell I use same in flour, caster sugar and unsalted butter. I also add 2 2tsps of vanilla extract and milk. Ovens can vary so invest in a oven thermometer to get the exact temp. I always bake my sponges in the middle of the oven. Never open the door before 30 mins and I use a little skewer to test the cakes cooked through. When they cool after baking, double wrap in cling film and freeze ( much more moist that way) decorate while still semi frozen makes it miles easier. If a cake is dry though freezing helps. Make some simple syrup with water and sugar and brush over. Trim the top and edges of your cake too. I bake low and slow..usually 140 😊 oh and pre heat your oven a good 20 mins. Sorry for the essay. Also don't over cream your butter sugar or over mix your batter x

• Heart
Reactions: 13

helene667

Someone said two holidays in the space of a month a few ago, they actually went to New York at the beginning of March tbf to them it’s now nearly june, and they’re on honeymoon so I wouldn’t say it’s the worst thing. The kids are clearly loved and have a good network around them. I don’t think it’s fair to assume they’re ‘dumped’ somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The comment about refresher training seems a bit dodgy if it was supposed to be purely due to paperwork? 🤨
The cardboard on the floor thing makes no sense? I have worked in kitchens and I’ve never in my life known of someone to think to put a piece of cardboard down? Surely you put up a wet floor sign and get a mop? Or if it’s a regular thing get some sort of non slip mat that can be cleaned. Excuse after excuse. The councils fault obviously 🙄 if you can’t keep up standards just because your gETTinG mARRieD when you constantly boast about having what, about 20+ staff? Then there is something very wrong in your business. For a start Lauren isn’t getting married so what’s her excuse??

Reactions: 12

al255

VIP Member
My take on this wedding:

Don’t get the black? It’s a wedding, not a funeral but then again her house has black bannisters etc.

Thought Alba would be in something cuter, Inka isn’t really shown either but she’s still a baby so probs kept out of the way for nap, milk.

Cake is awful not a fan, to say they make cakes you’d expect it to be miles nicer and have the wow factor.

Love her rings and how they fit together.

Agree with the bridesmaid dresses - they remind me of bodycon dresses slightly that everyone wore at 15. The flowers aren’t professional at all.

Her dress has too much going on, could have been a lot nicer and more elegant.

And that’s all 😂 imagine all the coke flying round that wedding tonight…!

• Haha

Jimblewimble

What is with these confessions? Don’t they have a responsibility to censor their posts for young audiences?

one minute it’s look at these little girls dressing up as us for world book day and the next it’s jizzing on a toothbrush?

• Haha