Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love their pic if the drip cake and wrote when people just say its a drip cake jog on.... it IS just a drip cake if you want to show some skill finchy show me your 3 tier fondant covered cakes. This is why there is so many buttercream cake makers around cos it doesn't need great skills imo get yourself a finch b scraper and some choccy spead and you're good to go

Reactions: 3
it doesn’t though? Jane has a way bigger following because she has written recipes for ages and people have used them throughout lockdown.

Finch bakery have an actual bakery and are only now releasing recipes etc so their following is smaller (still big!)

I got into baking massively during the lockdowns as a way of keeping myself sane during months of furlough and the grounding of my whole industry. Ive got both -the Amazon reviews are actually better for finch bakery than janes! So not sure she can be defined as “better

They are different books - FB is packed full of tips for presentation etc/techniques and decorating styles which is more helpful for people wanting to seriously take up baking.

Janes is more traditional and a wider variety of recipes. I think where it falls down is a lot of the recipes in Janes dont have any pictures and it’s hard to bake something you’ve never baked before without having an image of what the bake should look like by the end! That said, I’ve baked loads of Janes recipes and had really good results! I haven’t tried FB ones yet but I’m excited to try their chocolate fudge cake recipe as I didn’t have quite such good results with this one of Janes.

I love both books and don’t feel there’s any need to compare them - why are people always trying to put women against each other. FB and Jane continually share each others success 🙈
Agreed. I have both books and can’t wait to use them. I was a little bit disappointed to see a lot of the recipes in Janes Patisserie were lifted straight from her blog- I thought they’d be new recipes tbh.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. I have both books and can’t wait to use them. I was a little bit disappointed to see a lot of the recipes in Janes Patisserie were lifted straight from her blog- I thought they’d be new recipes tbh.
That's why I've avoided buying Jane's. I see little point when most of the recipes in it are on the blog already. I'm intrigued to see the finch book tho. Do we think it's their genuine recipes 🤔

Love their pic if the drip cake and wrote when people just say its a drip cake jog on.... it IS just a drip cake if you want to show some skill finchy show me your 3 tier fondant covered cakes. This is why there is so many buttercream cake makers around cos it doesn't need great skills imo get yourself a finch b scraper and some choccy spead and you're good to go
Ngl it isn't 'just a drip cake', you can have all the choc spread and scrapers in the world lol, doesn't give people the patience or skill needed to make a good cake. - Their cakes aren't 'just'.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ngl it isn't 'just a drip cake', you can have all the choc spread and scrapers in the world lol, doesn't give people the patience or skill needed to make a good cake. - Their cakes aren't 'just'.
Sorry forgot chocolate dipped balls 😂 they don't even make half of their cakes anymore 🤷‍♀️

Do Lauren and Rachel do any baking/shifts in the shop or do they just spam Instagram for 18 hours a day?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Did anyone see their post about the vegan rocky road, asking those who bought it to contact them ASAP. They’ve deleted the post but wonder what was wrong

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I remember this happened before, they sold a cupcake that contained nuts to someone who specifically asked for nut free options. Not surprised they have three stars tbh
They still bring that up during Q&As from time to time when people ask for funny bakery stories

They still bring that up during Q&As from time to time when people ask for funny bakery stories
Do they really? That’s not funny at all and could be life threatening. Nobody might of been hurt in this instance but if they had they could be liable for manslaughter, not really a laughing matter is it 😅

I'm all for them showing the progression on the half and half cakes BUT I need to know did they actually sell that tit 5 years ago lol surely they didn't charge people for cakes that look that terrible lol

Reactions: 1
I'm all for them showing the progression on the half and half cakes BUT I need to know did they actually sell that tit 5 years ago lol surely they didn't charge people for cakes that look that terrible lol
I think so 😂 I remember those sort of cakes being their main thing when I first started following them a few years ago. It all looked quite messy even by the standards back then. They were very limited in what they did… it was those weird half and half cakes, a few flavours of cupcakes and the cake jars.

I think so 😂 I remember those sort of cakes being their main thing when I first started following them a few years ago. It all looked quite messy even by the standards back then. They were very limited in what they did… it was those weird half and half cakes, a few flavours of cupcakes and the cake jars.
Oh my god lol imagine paying for a cake and receiving that lol unless they legit thought they were great 😳

has anyone bought isabellita bakes guides? i feel like its very overpriced😢 £10 for one sponge recipe? you can buy a whole book for that😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.