Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
🤣🤣🤣 ffs hilarious
Never understand people reading Tattle about themselves, then being surprised when it offends them. They'd be happy to soak it up if it was all positive!

Other people's opinions of you are none of your business goes the old saying, not much more narcissistic than spending your time purposefully searching yourself. Honestly who the duck cares? You are making money so there are obviously plenty of minions out there who like your stuff. Be grateful for them instead of focusing your energy on the 'haters'.

Reactions: 11
Never understand people reading Tattle about themselves, then being surprised when it offends them. They'd be happy to soak it up if it was all positive!

Other people's opinions of you are none of your business goes the old saying, not much more narcissistic than spending your time purposefully searching yourself. Honestly who the duck cares? You are making money so there are obviously plenty of minions out there who like your stuff. Be grateful for them instead of focusing your energy on the 'haters'.
It's when someone says they don't like what they make and they get all offended as if we've been talking about their whole family badly or something.
Not everyone is going to like what you make.
But we're trolls for simply saying it doesn't taste good 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It's when someone says they don't like what they make and they get all offended as if we've been talking about their whole family badly or something.
Not everyone is going to like what you make.
But we're trolls for simply saying it doesn't taste good 😂
That's the real joke, they think *anything* negative is 'hate'. Cyber bullying is not saying someone's an irritating twit or that their cakes look tit. Christ they should take themselves to the influencer threads if they think their comments are harsh! Although none of them are relevant enough for that many posts :p

Reactions: 10
Has anyone visited Doe bake house? Thinking of going. They seemed to have opened up a lot of shops in the space of time that finch have took to do up one shop.
I’ve tried it, but I didn’t think the products were worth the money. They taste ok, but are just a plain doughnut with some icing and extras to decorate them. I wouldn’t be tempted to go again to be honest and I went within about 40 yards of their shop today. Maybe I’m just tight!

Reactions: 3
I’ve tried it, but I didn’t think the products were worth the money. They taste ok, but are just a plain doughnut with some icing and extras to decorate them. I wouldn’t be tempted to go again to be honest and I went within about 40 yards of their shop today. Maybe I’m just tight!
I think most of the bakeries are much of the same, style over substance, crap quality ingredients and just a duck ton of sugar.

Reactions: 6
Thank-you. We are near tomorrow but after reviews will probably give a miss unless we walk past.

Reactions: 4
🤣🤣🤣 ffs hilarious
Exactly this. They aren't any better than Morrisons in all fairness 😂

• Haha
They should take it as feedback, if multiple people are saying the same thing - cakes being nothing but ott sugar then maybe they should look into it instead of getting cheap thrills that we talk about them 🥴

Reactions: 2
I know it miles away from Finch but not too far from York so thought I would mention it. If you are after donuts in the north east, then Proven Goods is the place to go. We probably average visiting 3-6 times a year as were over an hour away but OH MY GOD! They are the most amazing things I've ever eaten 😋 also they do a drink called hot chocolate fluff and it's amazing! Check them out on insta 👍🏻

I promise I'm in no way affiliated 😂 just a very satisfied customer!

Reactions: 9
How far is isabakes from finch bakery?

Isabakes could bake before she joined finch, but they taught her so much.
I'd be livid if it were me, but, at the same time perhaps they chatted about it and were fine with it?

So many are the same now, woman in Plymouth tries to copy finch, badly.
I live in Plymouth, which bakery are you on about?

I live in Plymouth, which bakery are you on about?
I can't remember the name of it, it came up on one of my social media pages, I'm sure it was Plymouth although may be mistaken, the page was so similar to finch.
If I find it again I'll let you know but it was a while back now and I am useless with names 🙄

Seems to be a few duck ups in their book firstly no carrots in the carrot cake recipe now telling everybody to use butter throughout the book instead of marg and butter 🤔 which is a bit rich coming from them who use marg for buttercream

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Seems to be a few duck ups in their book firstly no carrots in the carrot cake recipe now telling everybody to use butter throughout the book instead of marg and butter 🤔 which is a bit rich coming from them who use marg for buttercream
To be expected I suppose when their chocolate ganache drip on a cake is warmed up tesco chocolate spread lol.

• Haha
To be expected I suppose when their chocolate ganache drip on a cake is warmed up tesco chocolate spread lol.
What 😂😂 they don’t use their own recipe? That’s laughable. How can they bring out a recipe/cook book if they don’t even have a recipe for the chocolate drip.. like it’s not hard, chocolate and whipping cream and I bet it would taste so much better than Tesco’s chocolate spread

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What 😂😂 they don’t use their own recipe? That’s laughable. How can they bring out a recipe/cook book if they don’t even have a recipe for the chocolate drip.. like it’s not hard, chocolate and whipping cream and I bet it would taste so much better than Tesco’s chocolate spread
Nope 😂 they see it as a hack aswell lol.

Had to mute the stories, can’t cope with all the reposts 🥴🥴🥴

Feel they should have launched one different week/month to janes book, I wouldn’t have wanted to compete with her

Had to mute the stories, can’t cope with all the reposts 🥴🥴🥴

Feel they should have launched one different week/month to janes book, I wouldn’t have wanted to compete with her
I’m pretty sure Jane shared that she was number 1 everywhere 😂 FB just can’t reign it in, they’ve always over shared and reshared anything they’re tagged in.

Reactions: 2
I find it hilarious that Jane is #1 and when they share their position it proves shes better 😂

I find it hilarious that Jane is #1 and when they share their position it proves shes better 😂
it doesn’t though? Jane has a way bigger following because she has written recipes for ages and people have used them throughout lockdown.

Finch bakery have an actual bakery and are only now releasing recipes etc so their following is smaller (still big!)

I got into baking massively during the lockdowns as a way of keeping myself sane during months of furlough and the grounding of my whole industry. Ive got both -the Amazon reviews are actually better for finch bakery than janes! So not sure she can be defined as “better

They are different books - FB is packed full of tips for presentation etc/techniques and decorating styles which is more helpful for people wanting to seriously take up baking.

Janes is more traditional and a wider variety of recipes. I think where it falls down is a lot of the recipes in Janes dont have any pictures and it’s hard to bake something you’ve never baked before without having an image of what the bake should look like by the end! That said, I’ve baked loads of Janes recipes and had really good results! I haven’t tried FB ones yet but I’m excited to try their chocolate fudge cake recipe as I didn’t have quite such good results with this one of Janes.

I love both books and don’t feel there’s any need to compare them - why are people always trying to put women against each other. FB and Jane continually share each others success 🙈

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.