Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
has anyone bought isabellita bakes guides? i feel like its very overpricedšŸ˜¢ Ā£10 for one sponge recipe? you can buy a whole book for thatšŸ˜‚
Itā€™s ridiculous isnā€™t it.. Ā£10 for 1 recipe! When you can get these recipes for free from blogs online or purchase a whole book for Ā£10.. also the easiest recipe for a vanilla sponge = weight 4 eggs and the weight of those eggs will be the same weight for your flour, butter and sugar

Reactions: 6
Itā€™s ridiculous isnā€™t it.. Ā£10 for 1 recipe! When you can get these recipes for free from blogs online or purchase a whole book for Ā£10.. also the easiest recipe for a vanilla sponge = weight 4 eggs and the weight of those eggs will be the same weight for your flour, butter and sugar
same with Joelle Jacobs selling her buttercream rec for Ā£10 . not sure what's so secret about icing sugar & butter

• Wow
Reactions: 4
has anyone bought isabellita bakes guides? i feel like its very overpricedšŸ˜¢ Ā£10 for one sponge recipe? you can buy a whole book for thatšŸ˜‚
Iā€™ve never heard of her but Leticia Bakes sells hers for anything between 50p - Ā£2 sometimes and theyā€™re the best recipes Iā€™ve ever used, I believe Finch used her Brownie recipe actually

Reactions: 5
Iā€™ve never heard of her but Leticia Bakes sells hers for anything between 50p - Ā£2 sometimes and theyā€™re the best recipes Iā€™ve ever used, I believe Finch used her Brownie recipe actually
And blondies! Pretty much every finch style bakery has ripped Leticia for her blondie recipe.

Reactions: 5
I've bought quite alot of Leticia's recipes and they are really lovely, tasty cakes you'd genuinely want to eat. Places like Finch just rip her recipes, use crap ingredients, blob a load of horrible sugary tit on the top to ruin it and then charge you a duck ton for the privilege. It's so sad. I'm all for people having their own cake businesses but they are *all the bleeping same* and massively style over substance. What happened to yummy old homebaking? Can't believe anyone pays Finch prices for what you could make yourself 10* better and for 1/4 of the price.

Reactions: 9
I bought the cupcake guide and regret it. Ā£25. Feel like Iā€™ve been conned! All I wanted to know was what she used as fillings in her cupcakes and she didnā€™t even write about it!

• Wow
I bought the cupcake guide and regret it. Ā£25. Feel like Iā€™ve been conned! All I wanted to know was what she used as fillings in her cupcakes and she didnā€™t even write about it!
swear its just stuff like jam Nutella kinder lemon??? nothing to pay Ā£25 about

Reactions: 2
Maybe it's because I'm not one to really care about signatures of people ect.

But do people really want signed copies of their book?
They only own a bakery ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Love their pic if the drip cake and wrote when people just say its a drip cake jog on.... it IS just a drip cake if you want to show some skill finchy show me your 3 tier fondant covered cakes. This is why there is so many buttercream cake makers around cos it doesn't need great skills imo get yourself a finch b scraper and some choccy spead and you're good to go
Ummm itā€™s much more than that thanks, I doubt youā€™re a baker or you would know this

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ummm itā€™s much more than that thanks, I doubt youā€™re a baker or you would know this
I am a Baker thanks one with many talents šŸ˜œ i make fondant cakes and buttercream cakes you name it. I'm not saying finch aren't talented but it's far easier to make a buttercream cake than it is to make a fondant one with handmade figures that's why there's so many buttercream cake makers. I take it your one of these? šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tessa just put a post about a rainbow cake and said itā€™s even better now sheā€™s come out? Is this the first sheā€™s posted of it out of interest I hadnā€™t seen that sheā€™d come out so wasnā€™t sure if it was a joke but canā€™t imagine her joking about that?

Actually just seen a post from pride saying she was proud to fancy whoever

Tessa just put a post about a rainbow cake and said itā€™s even better now sheā€™s come out? Is this the first sheā€™s posted of it out of interest I hadnā€™t seen that sheā€™d come out so wasnā€™t sure if it was a joke but canā€™t imagine her joking about that?

Actually just seen a post from pride saying she was proud to fancy whoever
I thought the sane when I saw the post . I think she has hinted about maybe being bisexual in the past but not seen anything about her actually coming out .

I thought the same. She has posted now though and referenced her pride post which she comments about being bi

Reactions: 1
Tessa never did have any luck with men..
Isabakes has started to sell cake jars identical to Finch.. Original.

Tessa never did have any luck with men..
Isabakes has started to sell cake jars identical to Finch.. Original.
She's a carbon copy of finch with Jane patisseries recipes. Not a fan. No originality at all. Everything she does Jane patisserie did first. Like the ice cream šŸ˜’

I wonder how many finch ideas were actually isabelles before. She canā€™t have left for no reason

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.