Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Booklover

VIP Member
Great thread.

La La Land
Ghost
Sophie's Choice
Schindler's List
The Way We Were
Ordinary People
Mrs Doubtfire
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Reactions: 2

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Don’t judge me, but Mamma Mia 2, the baptism scene at the end. Completely lost it. Snotty, ugly tears in a cinema full of people with my kids looking on, absolutely mortified at me 🙂

also Forrest Gump, when he meets little Forrest for the first time and he asks ‘is he smart ... or is he ....’ That whole scene makes me cry.

and just about all of Billy Elliot.
Billy Elliot,loved it,especially the bit when he was Ballet dancer,when he came on the stage ,massive leap in the air,I was in bits.(His dad too whelming up with tears in audience) one of best films ever seen.

Lion,witch and wardrobe,when Aslan is killed.😢

Yes,Bambi,Dumbo oh dear in floods.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Coco gets me everytime. Boyz in the hood as well.

The usual films have made me cry, but not every time; like the notebook, fault in our stars (I SOBBED!), lone survivor, bridge to terabithia etc)

The champ and Kramer vs Kramer were the first films I remember sobbing my heart out to when I was young. other favourite sob fests for me are the fault in our stars, city of angel’s, the green mile and me before you.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Interstellar makes me cry buckets. It’s touches something in me on a deep, existential level. The final 30ish mins.... my god.
Yeah I got a bit emotional about that one.
I forgot Pans Labrynth too. I was pregnant watching it the first time and sobbed my eyes out but I still can't watch it without welling up

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I can always remember crying at E.T when I was young, I went to the cinema with my friend and her mum, although I have watched it since and still cry!
ET was the first film I saw at the cinema and I apparently sobbed for days, even when telling people about it - 'but I didn't want ET to go home' 😭😭😭 I still can't watch it now without crying

Gggshh

The notebook- the last few times we’ve flown long haul it’s been on the plane home, I end sat on the night flight in the dark blubbering while my husband pretends not to know me 😂

under the ivy

VIP Member
I always cry at the Lion King when Circle of Life starts playing, I get goosebumps I don’t know why! Quite embarassing really, I was crying at the remake in the cinema the other year 😂

Scragbags

VIP Member
I caught the bridge to terabithia one Christmas and didn't know anything about it and there's a certain bit that made me sob and even walking to the pub later on in the day I started thinking about it and sobbed again.
It was too much 😭