Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Castaway, with Tom Hanks crying over losing his volleyball in the ocean. "WILSONNN!!!!"

"The Return of the King" and the newly crowned King of Gondor telling the 4 hobbits that "they bow to no one!"

"Dead Poets Society" and the schoolboys standing on their desks and defiantly saying "Captain my Captain" at sacked teacher, Robin Williams

"Trains, Planes and Automobiles" and a homeless John Candy sitting alone in a train station with nothing but his luggage trunk to keep him company

Reactions: 2

IndigoViolet

Another for The Green Mile!
Also Seven Pounds. I don’t particularly rate it but it makes me weep every time.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Titanic, I can't help it everytime I sob. I must have seen it 50+ times and it still gets me
Avengers Endgame
Captain America the winter soldier also everytime
Marley & me
The boy in the striped pyjamas
The notebook

Sparks

Chatty Member
Sooo many, here are a few that spring to mind:

My Girl.... the worst horrible sad movie ever made.
Love Actually
Tarzan, when the 'dad' gorilla gets killed. I watched it in the movie theater and cried.
Elliots Dragon

newtoyou

VIP Member
Schindler’s List

I never cry at films and I can’t remember another film I’ve cried at. But I watched it during lockdown and had tears streaming at the end whenthey give him the ring and he breaks down for the first time because he couldn’t save more people I just thought it was an amazing way to bring the film back to being about the Jewish people that didn’t survive instead of being a hero film. Emotional thinking about it!

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The Fox and the Hound, when the mother fox is killed, then when the lady releases him into the wild.

Bambi, when his mum is killed and when a flustered bird tries to fly away and is shot dead.

Dumbo, when the other mother elephants laugh at him and when he visits his mum after she is locked up for lashing out at a mean boy.

Oliver & Company, when no one chooses him from the box in the street and it starts raining. Also the song that Lucy sings to him when she adopts him.

I’m almost crying as I’m typing this. Disney films are hard to get through.

• Haha

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I cant watch animal films as they destroy me. ET would seriously upset me as a kid so I wont watch it as an adult.
My Girl:The glasses scene at the end
Beaches: The end
Ghost
Love Actually: THAT Emma Thompson scene
Muriel's Wedding:the funeral
Schindler's List
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
Saving Private Ryan: when hes calling out for his mama as hes dying
Hereditay:Toni Collette's anguished cries really got to me

Just remembered that I cried when my mum took me to see Hunchback of Notre Dame in cinemas and I was so distraught we had to leave.
It was the scene where they put him in the stocks and humiliate him by throwing food at him, it just upset me so much.
Omg that scene really upset me too?

Just thought of 2 more, The Elepant Man and Mask

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
Oh god, I forgot about that one 😢

My husband turns into a blubbering mess at that. He won’t even look at it if the kids are watching it on TV, he leaves the room 😂
Two really sad movies ..I don't blame your husband:cry:

yournumberonefan1

Brilliant thread!
Top of my list is my go to for when I need a guaranteed sob- 13 going on 30. When she's on he way back to her parents house and Vienna by Billy Joel plays.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I watched it for the first time ever on Saturday night and I was a broken woman by the end end 😂😂!!

This is a weird one - Toy Story 4

I cried pretty much throughout, but then I got my period when I came home so swings and roundabouts 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😂
I cried at Toy Story 4 as well, also on a flight and possibly the same one 😂 I could cry at at advert when I’m due on 🤦‍♀️

I remember being mortified in the cinema when my dad cried at the end of Monsters INC but the last time I watched it, I cried too 🤣

• Haha

Fia4

Marley and me
my sisters keeper

ER the series I be in bits.
this is us oh god so emotional I had to stop watching I was too emotionally attached to the characters jack Pearson omg

Lauren1994

The hate u give

there’s a deep story behind it and tbh it’s a sad film

I don’t often get emotional or upset in films so when I do I know how deep the meaning is behind the film.