Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChloChlo

VIP Member
The land before time.

My sisters keeper.

The Warhorse.

Dancing on the inside.

Titanic.

Marley and me.

Inside out.

Reactions: 1

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
We all have films that make us cry full on tear jerkers snot bubbles the lot so tell me what movies makes you cry?

Bubble10

I can always remember crying at E.T when I was young, I went to the cinema with my friend and her mum, although I have watched it since and still cry!

The other tearjerkers for me are ...
Stepmom, when Jackie asks Isobel to be in the family photo at the end.
A bridge to Terabithia, various parts throughout the film.
Hatchi: A dogs tale, when he brings the ball back to the professor and waits at the train station.
Remember me, when Tyler is waiting in his Dad’s office. (Twin Towers)
My sisters keeper for personal reasons.

There are others but can’t think of them off the top of my head.

Sw4

VIP Member
Loads but the one that made me cry the most recently is Lion. So so emotional and even more so because it's a true story. I well up just thinking about it 😭😭😭 and this is the first film I ever saw my husband well up at as well, he's usually made of stone!

cedarpeach

The dad's speech at the end mainly, and when Elio gets the call from Oliver telling him he's getting married and the credits roll when Elio is trying to compose himself by the fire and not get upset. I think I cry a lot because that movie perfectly describes "first love" for me, and I'm a massive softie for that sort of thing!
I cried at a short clip of the film I saw on YouTube 😂 I haven’t watched the full film yet because I just know it will be a gut punch of nostalgia for young love. It seems such a tender, lovely film and I know it will set me off daydreaming of sunny summer days gone by. Can’t deal with that during a pandemic!

• Heart

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
Any Animal films/programs

The first 20 mins of (or however long Gerard Butler alive for) P.S. I love you. Can’t stand Hilary Swank though

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I cant watch animal films as they destroy me. ET would seriously upset me as a kid so I wont watch it as an adult.
My Girl:The glasses scene at the end
Beaches: The end
Ghost
Love Actually: THAT Emma Thompson scene
Muriel's Wedding:the funeral
Schindler's List
The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
Saving Private Ryan: when hes calling out for his mama as hes dying
Hereditay:Toni Collette's anguished cries really got to me

Omg that scene really upset me too?

Just thought of 2 more, The Elepant Man and Mask
OMG your films are exactly the same as mine! Even down to hereditary! Those screams played on my mind and made me feel abit sick!!!😳😳😳😳

Maybebaby69

Forrest Gump makes me cry on and off throughout even though I've seen it 7965422 times, the last time I watched it was on a long haul flight last year having been up since 3am I was an emotional wreck 😂
Same but I have absolutely no idea why 🤷‍♀️

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
I rarely cry IRL but cry at SO many movies and shows. Recent highlights include:
Santa Buddies (the little dog that sings about Christmas interspersed with the terminally ill child)
Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse (Stan Lee’s final appearance)
Home Alone
Paddington

Sayitisntso

The never ending story
Fried green tomatoes (the book is lovely )
John wick - I now check films to ensure no dogs die I cannot handle anything where animals die
Field of dreams
Any Disney Pixar films

petitspois

VIP Member
Disney films are killers! my kids won't watch them, they're too sad.

Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino wrecked me.

Girlyswot

Benjamin Button
The Notebook
The Fox and the Hound (both as a child and now with my own children)

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
A Beautiful Mind (fantastic film with Russell Crowe)

The Impossible (about the Boxing Day tsunami in Thailand)

The Green Mile

Deepwater Horizon

Ghost

Tlb92

'Adrift' is the most recent one I've watched on Netflix that made me ball my eyes out 😭 when they're laying next to eachother on the boat and it comes to the realisation that he's dead and she's been hallucinating the whole time.