Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fragrantica is amazing for finding cheaper versions of the expensive ones. I can spend hours on there reading reviews!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m obsessed with fragrantica, it’s led me to buy loads more!

At the minute I’m really into Burberry Brit and a dupe of Delina exclusif because I can’t face forking out for the real one yet. But I think I’m gonna.
I used to love burberry brit!!! Might Google it now and see how much it is.

Reactions: 1
I’m obsessed with fragrantica, it’s led me to buy loads more!

At the minute I’m really into Burberry Brit and a dupe of Delina exclusif because I can’t face forking out for the real one yet. But I think I’m gonna.
DO IT. Best perfume ever and it’s my signature scent….omg I love it

Reactions: 2
Samsara - Guerlain.

However, bottle (and scent) have had a makeover, used to be £15 in argos, now you're looking at £40!

Other favourites:

Ultraviolet - Paco Rabanne
Red Door - Elizabeth Arden
Scandal - Jean Paul Gaultier
Paris - Yves Saint Laurent
Eternity - Calvin Klein

And Estee Lauder used to do a gorgeous perfume called Dazzling Silver, no longer manufactured ☹

What are some nice fresh clean scent perfumes? Xx
I really like Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel.
But I just checked and it’s expensive. I have the EDT but I got it from an online sale about a year ago. So I didn’t pay anything near the EDP price.

And I tried Michael Kors turquoise recently in a shop and thought that was very fresh (someone else has suggested this too) so that’s on my ‘to buy’ list!

Fragrantica is amazing for finding cheaper versions of the expensive ones. I can spend hours on there reading reviews!
Sorry if sounds daft but I’ve never used Fragrantica. Just had a play around. How do you use it to find cheaper versions - do you find a scent you like and then look at ‘others liked’ -and just plough through?

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried Scherzo by Miller Harris... It's following me around, I keep seeing adverts for it every where.

I love Pomegranate Noir. When I started buying it about 6 years ago it was £58. Expensive but I loved it.
Now it’s £102 and I refuse to spend as much as that.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I love Pomegranate Noir. When I started buying it about 6 years ago it was £58. Expensive but I loved it.
Now it’s £102 and I refuse to spend as much as that.
I have never come across Jo Malone's perfumes though I know people rave about her range. I happened to be in Selfridges the other day waiting for someone and spotted her counter. Having enjoyed this thread so much, I decided to try out the scents. I chose a few at random and put them on the blotting sticks and labelled them. Later I took them home and stuck them in a drawer underneath my computer. My goodness! Even days later, every time I open my drawer, I am hit with the most glorious aromas. These perfumes are long lasting.
I chose English Oak and Hazelnut (which s my favourite); Jasmine and Marigold, Myrrh and Tonka Bean and Velvet Rose and Oud.
I am horrified at the cost of them! Even the body creams are £66. I know why though. I don't think I've ever seen them on offer either.

Reactions: 8
My Etat Libre D’Orange sample box has arrived. So excited.
I tried the first one: Jasmin & Cigarette. Very nice. Intriguing and long lasting. This is going to be fun. There is a code inside for 15% off your first full sized scent.

Here it is

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone know where I can purchase shay and blue suffolk lavender? I contacted them and it’s been discontinued. Or a fragrance that is a dupe? Got a bottle of eBay and it’s reminded me how beautiful it is.

I used to love the Kate moss perfume (pink with black lid) and the Victoria beckham one (in the square bottle) I think about them all the time wish they would bring them back!

My favourite of all time is l’imperatice by DKNY and always on offer in duty free- will always be my go to.

As a teen my faves were Ralph Lauren (not sure of name but in the little blue bottle) and Gucci rush- the smell takes me back to being in a club drinking vodka and coke!
It’s just called Ralph

Has anyone tried Michael Kors Sexy Ruby? I was gifted the body lotion and its so nice.
I have it, it’s beautiful very much a Winter perfume

Has anyone tried any of the Malin + Goetz fragrances? Are they any good?
I had Dark Rum but ended up selling it on. There's no question that the quality is amazing but the scent itself was far too masculine for my tastes. I've tried to like complex niches but really I'm a basic witch when it comes to perfumes

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I tried the first one: Jasmin & Cigarette. Very nice. Intriguing and long lasting. This is going to be fun. There is a code inside for 15% off your first full sized scent.

Here it is
£38 and the reviews are excellent....tempted.
Also tempted by Michael Kors Turquoise. Very reasonable.

Here it is
Wearing the Jasmin Et Cigarette today 👋

Wearing the Jasmin Et Cigarette today 👋
That was my first sample. I liked it a lot. It actually gets better with time.
My favourite so far is Rien. Lovely smell and long lasting too. I did a pilates class today and I could smell it every time I bent over :D

Reactions: 2
What are people's favourite Tom Ford recommendations? There are so many I don't know where to start. I'm female and tend to like quite a sweet fragrance.

Reactions: 3
That was my first sample. I liked it a lot. It actually gets better with time.
My favourite so far is Rien. Lovely smell and long lasting too. I did a pilates class today and I could smell it every time I bent over :D
Still waiting to try that one as well! I can’t get over the fact that I Am Trash turned out to be my favorite so far 😆 There are so many that I like but that one has stood out the most. “You Or Someone Like You” is also a contender but it’s mostly for nostalgic reasons. It’s the smell of my childhood haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.