Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still waiting to try that one as well! I can’t get over the fact that I Am Trash turned out to be my favorite so far 😆 There are so many that I like but that one has stood out the most. “You Or Someone Like You” is also a contender but it’s mostly for nostalgic reasons. It’s the smell of my childhood hah
I understand - I hope I don't fall for the Putain des Palaces! That would be two of us stuck. Ha ha!
I am waiting for Exit The King as I reckon that has my name all over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
What are people's favourite Tom Ford recommendations? There are so many I don't know where to start. I'm female and tend to like quite a sweet fragrance.
I’ve tried, and owned, quite a few, but my all time favourite is Noir de Noir. I’m not great at describing fragrance, so maybe someone can help me out, but to me it’s a kind of dark floral scent. Perhaps a little sweet too, but you really need to go in store and try. There are some gorgeous ones so I’m sure you’ll find something you love.

Reactions: 2
What are people's favourite Tom Ford recommendations? There are so many I don't know where to start. I'm female and tend to like quite a sweet fragrance.
Soleil Blanc is one of my favourites, probably more of a summer fragrance though

Reactions: 3
I understand - I hope I don't fall for the Putain des Palaces! That would be two of us stuck. Ha ha!
I am waiting for Exit The King as I reckon that has my name all over it.
I have my exit the king sample on today, i think its charming but not quite for me. I like the earthy base notes but not overly keen on the rosiness of it. I'm not quite getting the soap, but definitely got a blast of pepper on first application which was quite fun. I'm tempted to get the full ELDO sample range, i really want to try fat electrician next.

Oh, btw secretion magnifiques.... sorry but i love it. Has a very anaesthetic smell that reminds me of hospitals which for some reason i love. Puke isn't overly repulsing either. I may have been conditioned against the shock though as the day before i tried Sombre by Strangers, which is much much worse 😂 . Try it if you want something truly disgusting (and yet still captivating somehow). I think i am just attracted to bad smells. Must say something about my psychologically!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm tempted to get the full ELDO sample range, i really want to try fat electrician next.
It’s a wonderful box. Even when I know a sample is not meant for me, it makes me feel something nonetheless. The worst thing any perfume can do is leave me indifferent.

It’s a wonderful box. Even when I know a sample is not meant for me, it makes me feel something nonetheless. The worst thing any perfume can do is leave me indifferent.
I am finding the samples quite complex. The first spray is often quite deceptive - hours later the scent is completely different. Today's was Remarkable People which started out very fresh and citrusy but has now morphed into something more spicy and earthy. Very pleasant though.

I have my exit the king sample on today, i think its charming but not quite for me. I like the earthy base notes but not overly keen on the rosiness of it. I'm not quite getting the soap, but definitely got a blast of pepper on first application which was quite fun. I'm tempted to get the full ELDO sample range, i really want to try fat electrician next.

Oh, btw secretion magnifiques.... sorry but i love it. Has a very anaesthetic smell that reminds me of hospitals which for some reason i love. Puke isn't overly repulsing either. I may have been conditioned against the shock though as the day before i tried Sombre by Strangers, which is much much worse 😂 . Try it if you want something truly disgusting (and yet still captivating somehow). I think i am just attracted to bad smells. Must say something about my psychologically!
Thanks for the lowdown on Exit the King - it seems no one has been captivated by it yet, but I am hopeful because I like rose. I think Fat Electrician will be a good one too - as it's woody and has vanilla in too. I don't think Secretion Magnifiques is in the box - TBH thank goodness!

Sounds like you would like the sample collection. It is good fun to try out all the scents.

yeah given its dramatic name and 'story' i was hoping for something with much more of a punch from exit the king, when really its just a very nice floral-ish scent, perfectly fine. i love scents that make you do a double take.

EDIT - in its defense i will say it has fab staying power. i sprayed on one light spray 6 hours ago and its still going strong.

Reactions: 3
My mum's favourite was Sensuous Noir by Estée Lauder. I know it is discontinued, anyone used this perfume/know of good dupes. I'm terrible with smells so can't remember it all

Miller Harris Citron Citron
Caleche Hermes (love most Hermes)
anything that nobody else is wearing!

Going back to the L'Etat de Libre D'Orange sample box (sorry to those who don't know about this), today I tried Marquis de Sade with no expectations whatsoever. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned in the booklet that came with the box. Well, it has blown me away and I've just come back from a yoga class basking in the beautiful wafts of amber and leather coming from my skin.
It's main ingredient is labdanum (amber) and it has a woody, leathery component too. It's unisex. Earthy and warm.
Just wow.
This one is leading the field at the moment.

Reactions: 7
I bought my boyfriends mum a drop d’Issey yesterday for Xmas, does anyone here like it? I wanted something light, it’s pretty likeable I think & honestly I love it for myself but kinda worried she won’t ahh idk x

Going back to the L'Etat de Libre D'Orange sample box (sorry to those who don't know about this), today I tried Marquis de Sade with no expectations whatsoever. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned in the booklet that came with the box. Well, it has blown me away and I've just come back from a yoga class basking in the beautiful wafts of amber and leather coming from my skin.
It's main ingredient is labdanum (amber) and it has a woody, leathery component too. It's unisex. Earthy and warm.
Just wow.
This one is leading the field at the moment.
Oooh! I’m tempted to order a sample.

I thought I would ask here as you are the perfume experts of Tattle: does anyone remember a perfume from the early 2000s in a translucent bottle shaped like a pebble? The spray was on the top and it was a round sort of flat bottle? Kind of speckled. I have googled all combinations of words possible and can’t find it. I think the make was a designer who did clothes too. Two words to his/her name possibly?! (The name enki bilal popped into my head last night but he is a comic artist in France so definitely not him!) The writing was white on the pebble but possibly on the flat underside. It’s driving me mad! If anyone knows it, I will be forever grateful!

I thought I would ask here as you are the perfume experts of Tattle: does anyone remember a perfume from the early 2000s in a translucent bottle shaped like a pebble? The spray was on the top and it was a round sort of flat bottle? Kind of speckled. I have googled all combinations of words possible and can’t find it. I think the make was a designer who did clothes too. Two words to his/her name possibly?! (The name enki bilal popped into my head last night but he is a comic artist in France so definitely not him!) The writing was white on the pebble but possibly on the flat underside. It’s driving me mad! If anyone knows it, I will be forever grateful!
definitely comme des garcons, all their bottles are in this style. CDG 2 perhaps?

My new favourites are Delina, Angels Share by Kilian (it smells like apple pie!) and love don’t be shy!

definitely comme des garcons, all their bottles are in this style. CDG 2 perhaps?
Mm just had a look at not that sadly! It was like the bottom of the pebble was flat so it was lying on a surface and the pump was on the top- like if you had a normal pebble on a beach and stuck a pump right on the top of it. I’m aware I sound strange so I think it’ll be one of those perfumes lost to history 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.