Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you thinking of Ghost Deep Night? it's like a crescent with a flat bottom resting on the surface and Ghost make clothes too.
Just a thought

I thought I would ask here as you are the perfume experts of Tattle: does anyone remember a perfume from the early 2000s in a translucent bottle shaped like a pebble? The spray was on the top and it was a round sort of flat bottle? Kind of speckled. I have googled all combinations of words possible and can’t find it. I think the make was a designer who did clothes too. Two words to his/her name possibly?! (The name enki bilal popped into my head last night but he is a comic artist in France so definitely not him!) The writing was white on the pebble but possibly on the flat underside. It’s driving me mad! If anyone knows it, I will be forever grateful!

I’m loving good girl recently! I went through a phase of not wearing it but it’s definitely back to being one of my favourites 😍

@holliebollie Is it this one?
1639599083408.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I thought I would ask here as you are the perfume experts of Tattle: does anyone remember a perfume from the early 2000s in a translucent bottle shaped like a pebble? The spray was on the top and it was a round sort of flat bottle? Kind of speckled. I have googled all combinations of words possible and can’t find it. I think the make was a designer who did clothes too. Two words to his/her name possibly?! (The name enki bilal popped into my head last night but he is a comic artist in France so definitely not him!) The writing was white on the pebble but possibly on the flat underside. It’s driving me mad! If anyone knows it, I will be forever grateful!
I'm sure this isn't the answer but your question reminded me of the quirky bottles Lolita Lempicka used around that time (they mostly use relatively boring apple shaped ones since)
I particularly loved the one in the brown bottle but it was very amber-heavy and I felt it was too grown-up for me at the time. Of course it has been discontinued now!
Can you remember the scent of the perfume you're searching for?

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know any perfumes that smell similar to Calvin Klein Eternity Purple Orchid? It was discontinued a while ago and I’m not willing to pay £150 for it on eBay 😅

I'm sure this isn't the answer but your question reminded me of the quirky bottles Lolita Lempicka used around that time (they mostly use relatively boring apple shaped ones since)
I particularly loved the one in the brown bottle but it was very amber-heavy and I felt it was too grown-up for me at the time. Of course it has been discontinued now!
Can you remember the scent of the perfume you're searching for?
I’ve found it!!!! It has just popped into my head after 20 years… Armand Basi! But thank you for looking. How weird that I’ve been thinking about this perfume for years and it just came to me- something must have prodded my subconscious! I’ve found it on eBay- will definitely buy it 😍

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Great to see you remembered
I’ve found it!!!! It has just popped into my head after 20 years… Armand Basi! But thank you for looking. How weird that I’ve been thinking about this perfume for years and it just came to me- something must have prodded my subconscious! I’ve found it on eBay- will definitely buy it 😍
Is it just me that feels awkward when people ask what fragrance you are wearing and you tell them and they look at you blankly when you say the name or brand? I was wearing le labo’s santal 33 when I went into town to go to the EE Shop to change my broadband at the weekend. A male dealt with me and he asked me what I was wearing as he could smell it as soon as he walked in and thought it was a Hermes one. When I told him what it was, he just looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Any nice perfume recommendations for a lady in her 60’s?
What kind of scents do you like? Floral/Oriental/Woody/Fresh?
Tbh, I don't think age should come into it, if you fall in love with the smell wear it ♥
I have bought my sister who is 60 Mugler Alien Goddess for her Christmas, if she doesn't like it I'm having it 😂

Reactions: 5
My staples are Chanel Coco Chanel Mademoiselle, Chanel Chance, Chanel Gabrielle and Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. I also like Marc Jacobs Honey and Daisy Dream and Dior Miss Dior.

I also love one of the VS ones which is now discontinued, I have half a bottle left and guard it 😂 I also have a soft spot for Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman - it has good memories attached to it.

Has anyone smelled Tom Ford's new one 'Ebene Fume'? what's it like?

Also, I don't know if anyone remembers the original Comme Des Garcons perfume with amber coloured liquid in a flat bottle? I used to love that - still not sure if it's for men or women though

the white company’s Capri perfume! Smells amazing, I’m not that great at describing smells but it’s very fresh! It’s on sale right now so I really recommend it

Reactions: 3
Got Delina by Parfums de Marly for Christmas off my Mum & Dad, which was an unexpected treat. They knew I wanted it, but it’s very pricey and I couldn’t justify spending that much around this time of year. The main note I smell throughout the dry down is the rose. I don’t normally favour florals, but it’s beautifully done and very long lasting. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a special perfume. I can imagine it would be a wonderful wedding fragrance.

Reactions: 5
Got Delina by Parfums de Marly for Christmas off my Mum & Dad, which was an unexpected treat. They knew I wanted it, but it’s very pricey and I couldn’t justify spending that much around this time of year. The main note I smell throughout the dry down is the rose. I don’t normally favour florals, but it’s beautifully done and very long lasting. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a special perfume. I can imagine it would be a wonderful wedding fragrance.
It’s so beautiful. Did you get Delina or Delina exclusif? I have exclusif and it’s going to be my wedding scent :)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.