Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AngryBird101

VIP Member
32 My mother is French and I think it's because I associate it with her all dressed up, and sweeping out for the evening.
Husband hates it. 😂
Plus didn’t Marilyn Monroe say that the only thing she wore to bed was Chanel#5?! Very sexy but useless if you are sleeping alone 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I had never been complimented on a perfume before I started wearing You by Glossier. Now (before lockdown I mean) I would have comments about once a week! 😍😍😍

• Heart

Curly Top

VIP Member
Going back to the L'Etat de Libre D'Orange sample box (sorry to those who don't know about this), today I tried Marquis de Sade with no expectations whatsoever. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned in the booklet that came with the box. Well, it has blown me away and I've just come back from a yoga class basking in the beautiful wafts of amber and leather coming from my skin.
It's main ingredient is labdanum (amber) and it has a woody, leathery component too. It's unisex. Earthy and warm.
Just wow.
This one is leading the field at the moment.

Titntat

VIP Member
Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle is my absolute fave. Is has been for years. My partner always buys it my on special occasions and a bottle will do me for about a year (only wear it when I'm going out).
For a few cheap ones from next and a fcuk one I wear everyday/for work.

Niamhm

Chatty Member
Favourite daily perfume is Fantasy by Britney Spears. It's been my scent since I was at school and I just haven't found anything as nice or cheap for day to day.

Favourite 'nice' perfume is Valentino - Valentina 😍

Reactions: 6

dee_mc

VIP Member
I love Black Opium, the warmth and the strength of it.
I have a bit of a thing for Marc Jacobs Decadence (the one in the ugly green bottle that looks like a handbag bought from a market) and have a sniff every time I pass by a bottle in a shop but something has held me back from buying it. I like a strong fragrance, but maybe it's too strong?
Love the smell of baby powder so I often wear Flower by Kenzo. It always attracts attention but on one trip to New York I found people were admiring it and asking about it 5+ times a day, very strange!
Mason Margiela Woodstock is one of the most unusual fragrances I've owned, and again, much admired. It's sort of smoky and woody and earthy but with a base of patchouli. It's delightfully weird.
I think my first perfume was Anais Anais - it'd be far too sweet and simple for my tastes now, but I still think it's lovely. Then I fell for YSL Baby Doll, bought on a school trip to Paris in the Sephora on the Champs-Elysses. I think I'd wear it now - sweet but complex.
The one I wore from age 19 to 25 or so was Angel by Thierry Mugler. Such an iconic scent! I find it very overpowering and migraine-y now but absolutely adored it at the time ☺
Also loved Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey around that time (the men's one - so fresh) and I think I'd still wear it now.
Towards the end of the Angel phase I discovered L by Lolita Lempika - a very expensive vanilla perfume in a cool bottle. I was smitten. Spent hundreds on different bottles 😥 They were beautiful, I wish I'd kept them!
My everyday, every occasion perfume now is La Vie Est Belle, and has been for years. I only found it because of overhearing a lady with a very strong Cork accent asking the Ryanair trolley doll for "the Joolia Roberts Perfoom" and it made me smile so much I had to seek out a bottle. Love at first sniff!

Eastonell

My favourite day to day/work perfume is Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. I’ve worn it since it was released and I can’t get enough of it. Always reminds me of being younger and I get so many smell memories from it!

My fancier ones would be Aura by Thierry Mugler, Woman by Ralph Lauren or L’Interdit by Givenchy

My absolute all time favourite, would take a daily bath in it would be Nomade by Chloé

Lollypad

VIP Member
I wore Givenchy Irresistible for my wedding but I’ve fallen in love with the Narciso Rodriguez Pure Musk 🤤

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I'm sure this isn't the answer but your question reminded me of the quirky bottles Lolita Lempicka used around that time (they mostly use relatively boring apple shaped ones since)
I particularly loved the one in the brown bottle but it was very amber-heavy and I felt it was too grown-up for me at the time. Of course it has been discontinued now!
Can you remember the scent of the perfume you're searching for?
I’ve found it!!!! It has just popped into my head after 20 years… Armand Basi! But thank you for looking. How weird that I’ve been thinking about this perfume for years and it just came to me- something must have prodded my subconscious! I’ve found it on eBay- will definitely buy it 😍

Attachments

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
I spray my perfume a little on my neck and then some on ends of my hair by my neck. I used to wonder why my husbands cologne lasted all day compared to my perfume and then realised he sprays it on his beard. Hair holds fragrance longer than skin

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Well, what kind of scents do you like? Can you tell us about other perfumes you like / liked or dislike?

And when would you like to wear it? Day, night, to special events or every day....?

And are you looking for a summer scent, or a heavier scent or something for all year round?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but given there is so much perfume out there I think you would get better recommendations if you tell us a bit more about what you like and when you would like to wear it. Or you as a person.
Go on Fragrantica and read through peoples reviews of perfumes, they are so helpful. My most complimented perfumes are funnily enough the cheapest ones, Cerrutti 1881,Hugo Boss Deep Red and Paris Hilton Paris Hilton.

hol20x

VIP Member
My favourite used to be Deep Night by Ghost, I wore it every day to a job that I ended up absolutely hating so I had to stop wearing the perfume cos it reminded me of that. Now I can’t stand the smell of it. 😅

• Haha

Curly Top

VIP Member
I’m feeling a little depressed today so I started opening a box of samples I was saving from Etat Libre D’Orange. I’m into Dune at the moment so I decided to try Spice Must Flow. It doesn’t feel very original. Immediately after I sprayed it some unique chords came through so I decided to spray both pulse points. I normally do only one at a time when I’m at home so I can play around and sample other scents. Now that I smell like it completely it’s a decision I have to live with 😂 The names of some of their perfumes are intriguing e.g. Fat Electrician (wtf?) and La Fin Du Monde. The insert comes with a guide to each perfume that tells a story. I really wish this discovery set came with “I Am Trash” which uses all upcycled ingredients… when I’m in a better mood I’m sure I’ll reconsider that.

They also have a perfume called Secretions Magnifiques which embodies “blood, sweat, tears, and…” That ellipsis is tres sus 👀 The fragrance has been dubbed the most disgusting perfume in the world. Again - I’m in a grim mood and these scents appeal to my morbid fascination. I don’t want to spoil the entire experience for anyone who is interested but if this brand still needs selling, they do a scent called “Divin’ Enfant,” which they described as a tribute to “those sweet little monsters, children.” 🖤
I was very intrigued to hear about this box of samples. I've read about these perfumes and they sound very interesting. As they are quite expensive I decided to buy the samples and they are going to be my advent calendar. Can't wait.
Thanks for the tip.

• Heart

Mums84

VIP Member
I am getting lots of compliments on La vie est belle cristal soleil! It's a coconut suntan lotion version of LVEB. 3 people in the office asked who smelled like holidays. It has a lovely dry down too, quite fresh and clean whereas I found the standard LVEB as quite average sweet.

Carmen 6

VIP Member
May I ask what age you are? It’s just whilst I find Chanel#5 lovely then I feel like it’s an older women’s smell if you see what I mean?
32 My mother is French and I think it's because I associate it with her all dressed up, and sweeping out for the evening.
Husband hates it. 😂

• Haha

JoJo81

VIP Member
I love halfeti from penahligons, every time I wear this I get a ton of people asking me what perfume I am wearing, it s not the cheapest but does last quite well..can also sometimes get it on eBay for a bit less!
Me too halfeti is my favourite closely followed by vaara

I'm obsessed with perfumes and have a lot! My favourites at the moment are Penhaligons halfeti (I love unisex veering on the masculine side fragrances)I have loads by Penhaligons tho and also love vaara, Kensington amber, malabah and lothair. For a more feminine smell clandestine Clara is nice.
I have recently discovered maison margiela and my favourite of there's is By the fireplace it's amazing for autumn winter and just smells so comforting. I also like jazz club and have just bought small bottles of lazy Sunday morning and beach walk which are both gorgeous for Summer (I'm going to buy the big bottle of beach walk it's Divine and the silage was pretty good I sprayed it on my top and could still smell it hours later) For Jo malone favourites are pomegranate noir (lasts ages on me) and myrhh and tonka although I find that's not as long lasting which is strange as it's an intense one. I could go on all day special mentions to Tom Ford black orchid which I have worn for years and allure by Chanel.

Last edited:
  • Heart

GimmeGimmeGimme

VIP Member
Ah, I'm so pleased I've found this thread.
I'm always on the lookout for new scents.
My favs are ;
YSL - Black Opium
Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb
Tom Ford - Soliel Blanc
Tom Ford - Lost Cherry
Carolina Herrara - Good girl
Calvin Klein- Euphoria
Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

I've also recently bought 3 perfumes that I've not worn in donkeys years, but remind me of certain times in my life.
Dolce & Gabbana ( Red Top)
Calvin Klein - Obsession
Paloma Picasso - Paloma Picasso

⬆Showing my age with these 😂